F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > double speed audio on USB from iPod
ARMA SPEED

07-24-2014, 03:38 PM   #1
chickenjames
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 428i GC

double speed audio on USB from iPod

hello all

I have a new F36 with business media. I've got an irritating problem with the USB audio from my iPod, and I'm wondering if anyone gets this or maybe it's a known issue. Some of the tracks on my iPod always play at double speed! It sounds like Alvin and the b**dy Chipmunks.
Workaround - switch to another track and then back to the offending one. This workaround doesn't survive ignition off, so you have to do it again.

I think what's happening is that the offending tracks are a low bitrate (something like 32kpbs but I haven't checked, and they might be mono). Switching to a more normal track (something like 128kbps, stereo) fixes the problem.
I'm guessing that this is a software bug around the configuration of the audio decoder. I'm assuming that the process is - car reads a track from the filesystem on the iPod and then decodes it itself. The track plays properly on the iPod.

Anyone else seen this? Is there a software upgrade that fixes it?
Appreciate 0