F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Musicar Level One install in F34 335GT
proTUNING Freaks

04-30-2014, 05:15 PM   #1
VP Electricity
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F34 xDrive

Musicar Level One install in F34 335GT

We recently had the chance to install a Level One system into a local client's 335GT F34 with HiFi.

Customer was referred by the local dealer, since this car was exactly what he wanted other than having the HiFi sound system.

We deleted the center, left the rears stock, and upgraded the front tweeters, front crossover filters, front midrange drivers, and underseat woofers. All of the speakers had Musicar bolt-on mounting adapters for the F3x, as well as wiring PnP adapters. The amplifier was mounted to our F3x high-density polyethelene mounting plate, and bolted in using stock hardware.

The new amp has about 4 times the power of the stock amp, and sums the front and the rear signals to create a summed, constant bass signal regardless of fader position.

Stock HiFi "amp":

Upgraded amp:

Stock woofer:

Upgraded woofer (the incorporated grille keeps the carpet edges off the cone and surround)"

Stock grille back on:

Stock paper mid:

Upgraded poly-cone, IMG-frame front-magnet mid:

Tweeter in BMW trimpiece:

Wiring prep on door:

Door panel back in place (hint of tweeter through grille):

It's a standard, invisible, reversible Musicar BMW system. I was really pleased with the sound. The Level One woofers were better balanced than I remembered (the manufacturer recently upgraded them, and this was the first extended listen I'd had a chance for since then). I'm really proud how how good Level One sounds. Everything looks stock. If the car needs to go back to stock in future, it's all bolt back in and plug back in, too.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 05:36 PM   #2
bri1042
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2021 IOMG M3 6MT

Very pretty!
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2014, 01:50 PM   #3
Kaitain
Private
Rep
Drives: Estoril Blue II F30 M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by VP Electricity View Post
We recently had the chance to install a Level One system into a local client's 335GT F34 with HiFi.

Customer was referred by the local dealer, since this car was exactly what he wanted other than having the HiFi sound system.

It's a standard, invisible, reversible Musicar BMW system. I was really pleased with the sound. The Level One woofers were better balanced than I remembered (the manufacturer recently upgraded them, and this was the first extended listen I'd had a chance for since then). I'm really proud how how good Level One sounds. Everything looks stock. If the car needs to go back to stock in future, it's all bolt back in and plug back in, too.
Nice install guys. I like your work, however, I have been trying to get your add-a-sub with amplifier for 4 months now. Please can you respond to my pm or email, hell, write me a new one and we can start over if need be. I do not think I have ever chased a company this much to try and buy something, but I hear great things about you guys, so I am still trying, but probably not for much longer. I hope you respond so I can buy some of the items above from you. Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2014, 04:26 PM   #4
mthaynes
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i M Sport

I tried to contact them too, twice. I guess they are too busy installing systems, which is fine, but they shouldn't offer things for sale if they don't actually sell them. Just got my hopes up for nothing.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2014, 05:36 PM   #5
VP Electricity
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F34 xDrive

We do sell them. We are swamped with inquiries and orders, and are interviewing for additional staff. While I sympathize with anyone who has been overlooked, or whose email we may not have received, cracks like this with a forum handle rather than a name don't help us find your email message any faster. We don't take orders or send info out via PM because we find them to be unreliable, and our existing package info is already in our email system (it would be too slow to compose again in PM form).

So, anyone who is interested, feel free to send us your email with your last 7, and then follow up with a phone call to ensure your inquiry is getting to us (sometimes, in email, they don't).

But be assured, many folks are getting Musicar systems.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2014, 08:59 PM   #6
ipilcher
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3 Compensation

Quote:
Originally Posted by VP Electricity View Post
We do sell them. We are swamped with inquiries and orders, and are interviewing for additional staff. While I sympathize with anyone who has been overlooked, or whose email we may not have received, cracks like this with a forum handle rather than a name don't help us find your email message any faster. We don't take orders or send info out via PM because we find them to be unreliable, and our existing package info is already in our email system (it would be too slow to compose again in PM form).

So, anyone who is interested, feel free to send us your email with your last 7, and then follow up with a phone call to ensure your inquiry is getting to us (sometimes, in email, they don't).

But be assured, many folks are getting Musicar systems.
Just wow!

Hard to estimate how many potential customers you've just alienated.
Appreciate 0