F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Photo, Video, Media Gallery, Journals > OEM+ F31 340i M Performance
Studio RSR

01-21-2018, 08:02 AM   #23
MSCD
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328i Convertible

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonBk View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSCD View Post
Congrats, looks great. Which spoiler did you get? I am interested in the ACS one.... I need the diffuser first. Yes we would love to see the 340i here.... I guess I'll just have to drool when I visit the family!

The SW is a bit of a unicorn full stop in the US... and will be killed off with the G series I'm keeping mine... my son is 13 this year...he may inherit it...
I got the M Performance spoiler with the kit as I got a deal on the whole package. I've had it painted to match the car but decided at the last minute not to fit it just yet. Once I found out there was drilling required I decided to hold on for now because I'm not certain that I like it enough. I'll offer it up a few times and see if I change my mind, for now though its just standard spoiler wise.

Are they not giving you a G series wagon over there?
I guess if it is all in then you have to have it. It doesn't flow as well with the car imo.

No G series wagon. They didn't bring the F11 5 over here. Everyone is getting SAV's apparently they should call it the Touring again versus wagon. It's funny, I get a lot of compliments on mine... but no one buys them! Go figure.

I hope the change their mind. I know it comes down to the cost of the crash tests etc on each model. Shame.
      01-21-2018, 10:40 AM   #24
Regulator
Private
Rep
Drives: 15' 335i xDrive

This has to be the best spec possible for the f30. Great choices dude.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2018, 01:36 PM   #25
B58_Touring
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 340i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Regulator View Post
This has to be the best spec possible for the f30. Great choices dude.
High praise indeed! Thank you
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2018, 02:02 AM   #26
slicer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 'E46 M3 Race Car, '23 X7

Awesome. I have the rear spoiler and think it looks great. Go for it. I'm loving the leather dash!
'04 M3 - Fall Line Motorsports Built Race Car - S65 swap, Dry Sump, Bosch Stand-Alone ECU, Drenth Sequential Trans, MCS 3-Way, Flossmann Wide Body, Brembo Motorsports Brakes, Drexler LSD, BBS E88 Etc.
INSTAGRAM - @Slicer_M
Appreciate 1
      01-23-2018, 02:50 PM   #27
richatha
Lieutenant
England
Rep
Drives: 340i

This is one of the most stunning looking 340i touring I've seen. I think I agree with you about the rear spoiler. I'm going to spec mine this weekend and it will look very similar to yours but I promise I'm not copying. Accessory wise I think I'm going for the side skirts, front splitter and back with the exhaust.

Looks stunning though op!
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2018, 03:01 AM   #28
B58_Touring
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by richatha View Post
This is one of the most stunning looking 340i touring I've seen. I think I agree with you about the rear spoiler. I'm going to spec mine this weekend and it will look very similar to yours but I promise I'm not copying. Accessory wise I think I'm going for the side skirts, front splitter and back with the exhaust.

Thanks! I would definitely recommend the exhaust, worth every penny in my opinion. The kit does make a huge difference too, I was originally going to source the parts myself and fit them later date to save a few quid but in the end I'm glad it was all on for collection, saves a bit of hassle too
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2018, 03:03 AM   #29
richatha
Lieutenant
England
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Quote:

Thanks! I would definitely recommend the exhaust, worth every penny in my opinion. The kit does make a huge difference too, I was originally going to source the parts myself and fit them later date to save a few quid but in the end I'm glad it was all on for collection, saves a bit of hassle too
Yeh that's what I'm thinking.

Current thinking for performance parts to start are the exhaust, front splitter and rear defuser. Not too sure on the side sills but I think the back especially looks a bit bland without that diffuser.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2018, 03:17 AM   #30
B58_Touring
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Yeh that's what I'm thinking.

Current thinking for performance parts to start are the exhaust, front splitter and rear defuser. Not too sure on the side sills but I think the back especially looks a bit bland without that diffuser.
Yeah I agree, the rear diffuser compliments the exhaust well. Front splitter gives the front end a more aggressive look too. I fitted the side blades on my last car but not the vinyl's as they stand out a bit too much on white, but decided to try them on the darker grey because they're a bit more subtle
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2018, 05:56 PM   #31
duky
The Tanzanian
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3, Audi RS6, Mini Cooper

Garage List
Wow, what a beauty. Also with the full leather -- almost perfect (just needs 6MT)

2023 F56 MINI Cooper SE Midnight Black II on Carbon Black
2021 C8 Audi RS6 Avant Mythos Black on Black/Grey
2016 F80 BMW M3 Black Sapphire Metallic on Silverstone
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2018, 07:13 AM   #32
B58_Touring
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndukyh View Post
Wow, what a beauty. Also with the full leather -- almost perfect (just needs 6MT)
Thanks! Unfortunately 6MT isn't available on the 340i Tourer. I did consider it originally when I was looking at the saloon, but to be honest as a daily the sport auto is probably better suited to my needs
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2018, 01:55 AM   #33
B58_Touring
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Small update: 05/05/18

Changed the steering wheel trim to one off an F8X, small change but I always thought the standard M Sport one felt pretty cheap and plasticky. As well as looking a bit better the one off the real M cars is trimmed with leather and the centre section is aluminium so feels much better quality. Picked up the front trim for £60 removed from a new car that had the M Performce wheel fitted and got the rear slotted trim piece for £40 from the dealer. Pretty simple to swap over just a bit fiddly fitting the wiring back into the correct place on the wheel.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
CJ4211395.50
      05-12-2018, 02:39 AM   #34
.BMW.
Major General
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMW F11/F31

Great mod, looks much better!

I did that both to my F11 and F31.
Appreciate 1
      05-12-2018, 11:08 AM   #35
ettam88
Rep
Drives: f31 my2013

what the f##k!! wonderful F31!!!!
Appreciate 1
      05-12-2018, 09:05 PM   #36
Tribalpinoy911
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F34

Nice. Rarely see the N55 in wagon form in the states.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2018, 01:37 AM   #37
B58_Touring
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ettam88 View Post
what the f##k!! wonderful F31!!!!
Why thank you sir!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey101 View Post
Good look. How long did it take?
Took me about an hour and a half, could be done quicker I was just being extra careful pulling my new car to bits. Trickiest part is putting all of the steering wheel wiring back where it should be so it doesn't catch when screwing everything back together.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2018, 01:39 AM   #38
B58_Touring
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribalpinoy911 View Post
Nice. Rarely see the N55 in wagon form in the states.
Thanks, B58 in this wagon though
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2018, 08:40 AM   #39
itachi_d
Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M-Sport

BEAUTIFUL!!!
Appreciate 1
      03-03-2019, 03:39 AM   #40
B58_Touring
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Rear tyres are almost at their limits at approx. 15k so it's time to replace the full set for some Michelin PS4S'. Got four of these from Camskill for £740 in the standard tyre sizes supplied with the 405m's. This will give me a direct comparison. Ordered an Airman mobility kit to keep in the floor space under the boot in case of a puncture, picked this up on Amazon for £33. Hoping they fit the wheels nicer than the P-Zero's, I always thought the sidewall looked slightly stretched over the wheel and I prefer a more squared off profile.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-03-2019, 04:00 AM   #41
B58_Touring
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Also ordered a Bilstein B14 coilover kit for the car which arrived last week. I've been looking into replacing the springs for a short while and almost bought a set of ACS springs as they come in highly recommended on here. Some cars I seen sat nicely but others had a bit too much front arch gap still. I decided to up my budget a bit and go for a set of height adjustable coilovers so that I could guarantee I would get the height I wanted. The B14 kit is height adjustable only, from the limited information I could find (fitted to F3x's) I understand that these are slightly softer than the B16 adjustable kit on their softest setting which should work out well for what I want to use the car for. It is going to be a bit of an experiment but we'll see how they are when fitted. I can't see them riding worse than the standard springs and dampers with rft's, maybe slightly firmer but I'm hoping the switch to non run flats will offset this to an extent. When researching these things you find a lot of people advising to pay the extra for adjustable rebound but that would add a further £5-600 to the cost, given that my original plan was for springs alone it was just too much, so I took the plunge and decided to give these a try.

The plan is to get the tyres fitted first next week and run around on those for a short while, then replace the suspension to give me a feel for the individual changes. Pictures to follow once I get home and get my hands on them

Last edited by B58_Touring; 03-05-2019 at 03:04 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2019, 05:41 AM   #42
ReRe
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Rear tyres are almost at their limits at approx. 15k so it's time to replace the full set for some Michelin PS4S'. Got a four of these from Camskill for £740 in the standard tyre sizes supplied with the 405m's. This will give me a direct comparison. Ordered an Airman mobility kit to keep in the floor space under the boot in case of a puncture, picked this up on Amazon for £33. Hoping they fit the wheels nicer than the P-Zero's, I always thought the sidewall looked slightly stretched over the wheel and I prefer a more squared off profile.
I find the whole square vs stretched thing to be be true as well. Had ps4s on my previous car and p zero on my F30, would love to see a comparison shot once fitted
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2019, 06:18 AM   #43
B58_Touring
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReRe View Post
I find the whole square vs stretched thing to be be true as well. Had ps4s on my previous car and p zero on my F30, would love to see a comparison shot once fitted
Plenty of comparison photo's to follow when they're fitted next week
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2019, 11:25 AM   #44
M4_GTS
Lieutenant Colonel
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS

Quote:
Also ordered a Bilstein B14 coilover kit for the car which arrived last week. I've been looking into replacing the springs for a short while and almost bought a set of ACS springs as they come in highly recommended on here. Some cars I seen sat nicely but others had a bit too much front arch gap still. I decided to up my budget a bit and go for a set of height adjustable coilovers so that I could guarantee I would get the height I wanted. The B14 kit is height adjustable only, from the limited information I could find (fitted to F3x's) I understand that these are slightly softer than the B16 adjustable kit on their softest setting which should work out well for what I want to use the car for. It is going to be a bit of an experiment but we'll see how they are when fitted. I can't see them riding worse than the standard springs and dampers, maybe a bit firmer but I'm hoping the switch to non run flats will offset this to an extent. When researching these things you find a lot of people advising to pay the extra for adjustable rebound but that would add a further £5-600 to the cost, given that my original plan was for springs alone it was just too much, so I took the plunge and decided to give these a try.

The plan is to get the tyres fitted first next week and run around on those for a short while, then replace the suspension to give me a feel for the individual changes. Pictures to follow once I get home and get my hands on them
You are totally wrong about the B14. They are about the same as the B16 set at near full hard. I am taking my set of B14 off my car and replacing with the KW V2 because it rides a little harsh for daily driving.
Appreciate 0