F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > BMW F30 3 Series Coding DIY - Code Auto Start Stop, DVD, Folding Mirrors, Etc.
ARMA SPEED

04-23-2019, 04:49 AM   #14455
FrederikD
Rep
Drives: BMW F31

Hi, I have a F31 from 2013 and need to do some urgent coding but no connection with the car.

I installed everything on my pc with WIN7 (Esys v.3.27.1, Launcher Premium 2.0, realm crack and PSdZData_Lite according to shawns pm)
and seems to work ok but the car does not seem to make a connection. No ZGW available.

I can't see a VIN code appearing in the ESYS selection/start screen.
Connection via UTP cable + OBD cable from aliexpress.
All options appear and I can choose 'F020' for my F31 so the Psz data seems ok I guess..?
When refresh nothing happens.. I get an error connection code C:0027?
Only an orange led appears in the utp cable.

Can someone help my because my car is flickering like a Christmas tree with all the LCI LED updates..

Last edited by FrederikD; 04-23-2019 at 05:36 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2019, 07:11 AM   #14456
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrederikD View Post
Hi, I have a F31 from 2013 and need to do some urgent coding but no connection with the car.

I installed everything on my pc with WIN7 (Esys v.3.27.1, Launcher Premium 2.0, realm crack and PSdZData_Lite according to shawns pm)
and seems to work ok but the car does not seem to make a connection. No ZGW available.

I can't see a VIN code appearing in the ESYS selection/start screen.
Connection via UTP cable + OBD cable from aliexpress.
All options appear and I can choose 'F020' for my F31 so the Psz data seems ok I guess..?
When refresh nothing happens.. I get an error connection code C:0027?
Only an orange led appears in the utp cable.

Can someone help my because my car is flickering like a Christmas tree with all the LCI LED updates..
You will not be able to connect via VIN unless PSdZData is properly installed, and the Car and Laptop have a connection. For this:

1) The Target Connection Window should not be blank (It should show multiple target connections for different chassis')
2) ENET Cable must be good and making good contact in OBDII Port
3) Car must have proper voltage (Make sure motor is running if car is not on a Charger).
4) Laptop must not have Firewall or any Antivirus software running.
5) PC Lan Adapter should get a fallback IP address of 169.254.xxx.xxx (Make sure it is using DHCP and does not have a Static IP address assigned to it)

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2019, 03:45 AM   #14457
contracts34
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 4 Series F33

Coding advice

Hi.
I'm new here and new to coding and eager to learn. I have just got the I Car pro by Vgate and purchased the bimmercode app. I have tried it to code some basic changes with mixed success. Some changes have worked, others haven't.

I have an F33 convertible with memory seats and auto dimming/dipping mirrors. I am about to fit power fold mirrors and the switch this week and wondered if I will be able to code them via bimmercode, or if I will need to get them coded at a local indy garage?

Any advice welcomed
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2019, 11:22 AM   #14458
Cromzinc
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
You need to both a) set the new battery type (only if it has changed rating) using either correct E-Word or changing FDL Code KLASSE_BATTERIE and then Code CAS, FEM_BODY, or BDC_BODY, and b) reset battery history (register battery) using ISTA/D or Tool32. For F=Series car, I think it is g_motor.grp -> steuern_batterietausch_registrieren.

PM sent.
shawnsheridan
Found this thread, sorry to dig it up. I have an F30, and I need to change my battery capacity. If I understand correctly, I can simply go to FEM_BODY and change the KLASSE_BATTERIE, then select code FDL. Is there anything else needed for this? Also, why would I change the VO if it is so easy to change the FDL code?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2019, 12:12 PM   #14459
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cromzinc View Post
shawnsheridan
Found this thread, sorry to dig it up. I have an F30, and I need to change my battery capacity. If I understand correctly, I can simply go to FEM_BODY and change the KLASSE_BATTERIE, then select code FDL. Is there anything else needed for this? Also, why would I change the VO if it is so easy to change the FDL code?

Thanks!
You change the FA stored in car VCM so that if later car is programmed by dealer, the FDL Value for KLASSE_BATTERIE will reflect the correct installed replacement battery.

After Coding, you need to Register the battery with ISTA.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2019, 06:35 PM   #14460
Cromzinc
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i F30

shawnsheridan

Okay, another question for this obvious noob. The guide I'm following says after I change the VO all I need to do is select the module that was changed and click code. Question is, how do I know all of what was changed...like which modules. I guess in this case, specifically the battery change I made.

Also, side question... how come cheat codes loads for all except FEM_BODY. I looked in the xml, I know there are cheat codes in there.

As always, thank you very much for you knowledge!!
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2019, 08:35 PM   #14461
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cromzinc View Post
shawnsheridan

Okay, another question for this obvious noob. The guide I'm following says after I change the VO all I need to do is select the module that was changed and click code. Question is, how do I know all of what was changed...like which modules. I guess in this case, specifically the battery change I made.

Also, side question... how come cheat codes loads for all except FEM_BODY. I looked in the xml, I know there are cheat codes in there.

As always, thank you very much for you knowledge!!
There is no way to know what Modules need coding. It is experience / educated guess.

I have no idea why FEM Cheat Code won't load.

Appreciate 0
      04-27-2019, 12:29 PM   #14462
SoMuchMonsters
Registered
Rep
Drives: M235i

Possible to get info i need for F31 shawn?
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2019, 12:30 PM   #14463
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoMuchMonsters View Post
Possible to get info i need for F31 shawn?
PM sent.

Appreciate 0
      04-27-2019, 01:46 PM   #14464
DevonDel
Registered
Rep
Drives: 320i Xdrive F32

Where can I get the latest software and codes?
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2019, 02:43 PM   #14465
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevonDel View Post
Where can I get the latest software and codes?
PM sent.

Appreciate 0
      04-28-2019, 11:17 AM   #14466
bout17
Registered
Rep
Drives: F45

Hi, could I get a PM with the latest software and stuff? Thx
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2019, 11:49 AM   #14467
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bout17 View Post
Hi, could I get a PM with the latest software and stuff? Thx
PM sent.

Appreciate 0
      04-28-2019, 01:42 PM   #14468
BMWAaron
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 535d

Shawn - you've helped me before with coding a 2016 F10 I had and appreciated the help. Sorry in advance for the long post. Now, on to my new problem (project?):

I'm in the process of retrofitting a NBT system (HW31) from a European F10 into a Range Rover L322 with bimmerretrofit system. Because it's a retrofit into a non-F series vehicle, I'm connecting via TCP (169.254.199.99:6801) and Series, I-step is chosen. I am connected via a hardwired ethernet cable to the quadlock harness. Target selected is F010. Lower right says HTTP Connected.

Using E-Sys, I was able to read the VIN from the donor NBT head unit using the FSC function (so I assume I'm actually connecting to the NBT unit - if I'm not, please correct me). I'm using E-Sys 3.31.0 via Launcher Pro 3.0.4.90. I believe I have PSDZData level 52.0 (under F010 there is a folder with the title "F010_18_03_520_V_001_000_000").

When I try to do anything else, I receive the following errors:

I have received error C061 when attempting to write the FA.

Code:
Write FA failed! [C061]
negative response error: 
 code: the result contains an error
 description: Service RDBI_SVK has error in result: [Severity=2051][ErrorCode=53327][ErrorCodeDescription=service execution failed][VendorCode=32768][VendorCodeDescription=VCI-specific error (WRONG_TARGET) occured: 67][InterfaceErrorCode=0x43][InterfaceErrorCodeDescription=interface-specific error]; LinkName: VCM_ETHERNET
 severity: ERROR
 [2130759759]
HW-Interface Error [67]
com.bmw.esys.domain.psdz.PsdzException: Write FA failed! [C061]
	at com.bmw.esys.domain.psdz.Psdz.writeFA(Psdz.java:1461)
	at com.bmw.esys.domain.fa.FalLogic.writeFa(FalLogic.java:189)
	at com.bmw.esys.gui.fa.FalController$FaReadWriteController.doWrite(FalController.java:229)
	at com.bmw.esys.gui.DefaultReadWriteController.write(DefaultReadWriteController.java:104)
	at com.bmw.esys.gui.vcm.VCMController.writeVCMFaFp(VCMController.java:546)
	at com.bmw.esys.gui.vcm.VCMFaFpVinMasterView$WriteAction.doActionPerformed(VCMFaFpVinMasterView.java:148)
	at com.bmw.esys.gui.AbstractView$AbstractGuiAction.actionPerformed(AbstractView.java:234)
	at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:2022)
	at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:2348)
	at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(DefaultButtonModel.java:402)
	at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(DefaultButtonModel.java:259)
	at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(BasicButtonListener.java:252)
	at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(AWTEventMulticaster.java:289)
	at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:6533)
	at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(JComponent.java:3324)
	at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Component.java:6298)
	at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Container.java:2236)
	at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:4889)
	at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2294)
	at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4711)
	at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:4888)
	at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:4525)
	at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:4466)
	at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2280)
	at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Window.java:2746)
	at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:758)
	at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(EventQueue.java:97)
	at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:709)
	at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:703)
	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
	at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:76)
	at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:86)
	at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:731)
	at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:729)
	at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:76)
	at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:728)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:201)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:116)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:105)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:101)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:93)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:82)
Caused by: negative response error: 
 description: Service RDBI_SVK has error in result: [Severity=2051][ErrorCode=53327][ErrorCodeDescription=service execution failed][VendorCode=32768][VendorCodeDescription=VCI-specific error (WRONG_TARGET) occured: 67][InterfaceErrorCode=0x43][InterfaceErrorCodeDescription=interface-specific error]; LinkName: VCM_ETHERNET

Timestamp: Sun Apr 28 11:54:11 PDT 2019
 ID: 2130759759
Class: com.bmw.psdz.vehicle.connection.util.ResultUtil
ExecutionContext={category=VEHICLE, ecuid=(VCM,0x10),PSdZEvent={message=MCDDiagService<id=46900, job=com.bmw.psdz.jobs.programming.zgw.MCD3_GetSVKfromECU, service=RDBI_SVK - ReadDataByIdentifier SVK, description=error: timeout, link=VCM_ETHERNET>, timestamp=Sun Apr 28 11:54:11 PDT 2019, package name=com.bmw.prodias.execution.primitives.mcd, class name=SingleEcuJob, text id=MCD_EVENT_ID__JOB__SERVICE__DESCRIPTION__LINK__, event id=default, event type=DiagService error, null},PSdZEvent={message=MCDDiagService<id=46900, job=com.bmw.psdz.jobs.programming.zgw.MCD3_GetSVKfromECU, service=RDBI_SVK - ReadDataByIdentifier SVK, description=error: timeout, link=VCM_ETHERNET>, timestamp=Sun Apr 28 11:54:11 PDT 2019, package name=com.bmw.prodias.execution.primitives.mcd, class name=SingleEcuJob, text id=MCD_EVENT_ID__JOB__SERVICE__DESCRIPTION__LINK__, event id=default, event type=DiagService error, null},PSdZEvent={message=MCDDiagService<id=46900, job=com.bmw.psdz.jobs.programming.zgw.MCD3_GetSVKfromECU, service=RDBI_SVK - ReadDataByIdentifier SVK, description=error: timeout, link=VCM_ETHERNET>, timestamp=Sun Apr 28 11:54:11 PDT 2019, package name=com.bmw.prodias.execution.primitives.mcd, class name=SingleEcuJob, text id=MCD_EVENT_ID__JOB__SERVICE__DESCRIPTION__LINK__, event id=default, event type=DiagService error, null},PSdZEvent={message=MCDDiagService<id=36900, job=com.bmw.psdz.jobs.programming.zgw.MCD3_GetSVKfromECU, service=RDBI_ADS - ReadDataByIdentifier ActiveDiagnosticSession, description=error: timeout, link=VCM_ETHERNET>, timestamp=Sun Apr 28 11:54:11 PDT 2019, package name=com.bmw.prodias.execution.primitives.mcd, class name=SingleEcuJob, text id=MCD_EVENT_ID__JOB__SERVICE__DESCRIPTION__LINK__, event id=default, event type=DiagService error, null}}MCD Error Code: 0xd04fMCD Error Code Description: service execution failedVendor Code: 0x8000Vendor Code Description: VCI-specific error (WRONG_TARGET) occured: 67
	at com.bmw.psdz.vehicle.connection.util.ResultUtil.checkResponsePositive(ResultUtil.java:75)
	at com.bmw.psdz.vehicle.connection.util.ResultUtil.getPositiveResponseOrTerminateOnError(ResultUtil.java:175)
	at com.bmw.psdz.vehicle.connection.wrapper.LegacyJobWrapper.terminateOnError(LegacyJobWrapper.java:666)
	at com.bmw.psdz.vehicle.configuration.jobs.VehicleConfigurationJobs.requestSVKfromECU(VehicleConfigurationJobs.java:106)
	at com.bmw.psdz.vehicle.configuration.jobs.VehicleConfigurationJobs.requestSVKfromECU(VehicleConfigurationJobs.java:54)
	at com.bmw.psdz.programmer.behavior.impl.SecurityBAImpl.signVCMData(SecurityBAImpl.java:162)
	at com.bmw.psdz.programmer.behavior.impl.SystemFunctionBAImpl.writeFAtoVCM(SystemFunctionBAImpl.java:150)
	at com.bmw.psdz.programmer.facade.ProgrammerImpl.systemFunction_writeFAtoVCM(ProgrammerImpl.java:958)
	at com.bmw.psdz.vcm.facade.VCMImpl.writeFA(VCMImpl.java:302)
	at com.bmw.psdz.facade.VCMBF.writeFA_aroundBody4(VCMBF.java:46)
	at com.bmw.psdz.facade.VCMBF.writeFA_aroundBody5$advice(VCMBF.java:84)
	at com.bmw.psdz.facade.VCMBF.writeFA(VCMBF.java:1)
	at com.bmw.esys.domain.psdz.Psdz.writeFA(Psdz.java:1459)
	... 43 more
When attempting to edit FDL for the HU_NBT CAFD (which appearance when I click Read ECU), I get the following error:

Code:
Runtime error occurred.
See "Details >>" or log file for more information. [C027]
java.lang.ClassCastException: com.bmw.esys.domain.svt.cmp.TSVTCompare cannot be cast to java.io.File
	at com.bmw.esys.gui.AbstractTreeController.prepareModule(Unknown Source)
	at com.bmw.esys.gui.control.EsysController.prepareModule(Unknown Source)
	at com.bmw.esys.gui.control.EsysController.doOpenModule(Unknown Source)
	at com.bmw.esys.gui.control.EsysController.openModule(Unknown Source)
	at com.bmw.esys.gui.svt.SvtCompareController.editFdl(SvtCompareController.java:1121)
	at com.bmw.esys.gui.svt.SvtCompareView$EditFdlAction.doActionPerformed(SvtCompareView.java:361)
	at com.bmw.esys.gui.AbstractView$AbstractGuiAction.actionPerformed(AbstractView.java:234)
	at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(DefaultButtonModel.java:402)
	at javax.swing.AbstractButton.doClick(AbstractButton.java:376)
	at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI.doClick(BasicMenuItemUI.java:833)
	at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI$Handler.mouseReleased(BasicMenuItemUI.java:877)
	at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(AWTEventMulticaster.java:289)
	at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:86)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:201)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:116)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:105)

And the following two errors when trying to Read FA event though I've loaded the FA generated from the donor VIN and FP calculates:

Code:
Read FA failed! Possibly there is no FA stored in the VCM. [C060]
negative response error: 
 description: Service RDBI_FA has error in result: [Severity=2051][ErrorCode=53327][ErrorCodeDescription=service execution failed][VendorCode=32768][VendorCodeDescription=VCI-specific error (WRONG_TARGET) occured: 67][InterfaceErrorCode=0x43][InterfaceErrorCodeDescription=interface-specific error]; LinkName: VCM_ETHERNET
 [2130759759]
HW-Interface Error [67]
com.bmw.esys.domain.psdz.PsdzException: Read FA failed! Possibly there is no FA stored in the VCM. [C060]
	at com.bmw.esys.domain.psdz.Psdz.requestFA(Psdz.java:1423)
	at com.bmw.esys.domain.fa.FalLogic.readFa(FalLogic.java:96)
	at com.bmw.esys.gui.fa.FalController$FaReadWriteController.doRead(FalController.java:214)
	at com.bmw.esys.gui.DefaultReadWriteController.read(DefaultReadWriteController.java:75)
	at com.bmw.esys.gui.ReadWriteSupport$ReadAction.doActionPerformed(ReadWriteSupport.java:93)
	at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(BasicButtonListener.java:252)
 description: Service RDBI_FA has error in result: [Severity=2051][ErrorCode=53327][ErrorCodeDescription=service execution failed][VendorCode=32768][VendorCodeDescription=VCI-specific error (WRONG_TARGET) occured: 67][InterfaceErrorCode=0x43][InterfaceErrorCodeDescription=interface-specific error]; LinkName: VCM_ETHERNET

Timestamp: Sun Apr 28 10:58:03 PDT 2019
ExecutionContext={category=VCM, ecuid=(VCM,0x10),PSdZEvent={message=MCDDiagService<id=258900, job=com.bmw.psdz.jobs.uds.vcm.MCD3_ReadFAFromVCM, service=RDBI_FA - ReadDataByIdentifier Fahrzeugauftrag, description=error: timeout, link=VCM_ETHERNET>, timestamp=Sun Apr 28 10:58:03 PDT 2019, package name=com.bmw.prodias.execution.primitives.mcd, class name=SingleEcuJob, text id=MCD_EVENT_ID__JOB__SERVICE__DESCRIPTION__LINK__, event id=default, event type=DiagService error, null},PSdZEvent={message=MCDDiagService<id=36900, job=com.bmw.psdz.jobs.uds.vcm.MCD3_ReadFAFromVCM, service=RDBI_ADS - ReadDataByIdentifier ActiveDiagnosticSession, description=error: timeout, link=VCM_ETHERNET>, timestamp=Sun Apr 28 10:58:03 PDT 2019, package name=com.bmw.prodias.execution.primitives.mcd, class name=SingleEcuJob, text id=MCD_EVENT_ID__JOB__SERVICE__DESCRIPTION__LINK__, event id=default, event type=DiagService error, null}}MCD Error Code: 0xd04fMCD Error Code Description: service execution failedVendor Code: 0x8000Vendor Code Description: VCI-specific error (WRONG_TARGET) occured: 67
	at com.bmw.psdz.vehicle.connection.util.ResultUtil.checkResponsePositive(ResultUtil.java:75)
	at com.bmw.psdz.vehicle.connection.util.ResultUtil.getPositiveResponseOrTerminateOnError(ResultUtil.java:175)
	at com.bmw.psdz.vehicle.connection.wrapper.LegacyJobWrapper.terminateOnError(LegacyJobWrapper.java:666)
	at com.bmw.psdz.vehicle.configuration.jobs.VCMJobs.executeVCMJob(VCMJobs.java:810)
	at com.bmw.psdz.vehicle.configuration.jobs.VCMJobs.systemFunction_requestFAfromVCM(VCMJobs.java:535)
	at com.bmw.psdz.vcm.facade.VCMImpl.requestFA(VCMImpl.java:156)
	at com.bmw.psdz.facade.VCMBF.requestFA_aroundBody0(VCMBF.java:32)
	at com.bmw.psdz.facade.VCMBF.requestFA_aroundBody1$advice(VCMBF.java:84)
	at com.bmw.psdz.facade.VCMBF.requestFA(VCMBF.java:1)
	at com.bmw.esys.domain.psdz.Psdz.requestFA(Psdz.java:1419)
	... 41 more

and then...

Code:
Read FA from the Backup Partner failed. Possibly there is no FA stored in the Backup Partner or there is no connection to the Backup Partner. [C096]
negative response error: 
 description: Service RDBI_FA2 has error in result: [Severity=2051][ErrorCode=53327][ErrorCodeDescription=service execution failed][VendorCode=32768][VendorCodeDescription=VCI-specific error (WRONG_TARGET) occured: 67][InterfaceErrorCode=0x43][InterfaceErrorCodeDescription=interface-specific error]; LinkName: VCM_BACKUP_ETHERNET
 [2130759759]
HW-Interface Error [67]
com.bmw.esys.domain.psdz.PsdzException: Read FA from the Backup Partner failed. Possibly there is no FA stored in the Backup Partner or there is no connection to the Backup Partner. [C096]
	at com.bmw.esys.domain.psdz.Psdz.requestFAFromBackup(Psdz.java:1443)
	at com.bmw.esys.domain.fa.FalLogic.readFa(FalLogic.java:109)
	at com.bmw.esys.gui.fa.FalController$FaReadWriteController.doRead(FalController.java:214)
	at com.bmw.esys.gui.DefaultReadWriteController.read(DefaultReadWriteController.java:75)
	at com.bmw.esys.gui.ReadWriteSupport$ReadAction.doActionPerformed(ReadWriteSupport.java:93)
 description: Service RDBI_FA2 has error in result: [Severity=2051][ErrorCode=53327][ErrorCodeDescription=service execution failed][VendorCode=32768][VendorCodeDescription=VCI-specific error (WRONG_TARGET) occured: 67][InterfaceErrorCode=0x43][InterfaceErrorCodeDescription=interface-specific error]; LinkName: VCM_BACKUP_ETHERNET

Timestamp: Sun Apr 28 10:58:03 PDT 2019
ExecutionContext={category=VCM, ecuid=(VCM_BACKUP,0x40),PSdZEvent={message=MCDDiagService<id=260900, job=com.bmw.psdz.jobs.uds.vcm.MCD3_ReadFAFromVCMBackup, service=RDBI_FA1 - ReadDataByIdentifier FA Teil 1, description=error: timeout, link=VCM_BACKUP_ETHERNET>, timestamp=Sun Apr 28 10:58:03 PDT 2019, package name=com.bmw.prodias.execution.primitives.mcd, class name=SingleEcuJob, text id=MCD_EVENT_ID__JOB__SERVICE__DESCRIPTION__LINK__, event id=default, event type=DiagService error, null},PSdZEvent={message=MCDDiagService<id=262900, job=com.bmw.psdz.jobs.uds.vcm.MCD3_ReadFAFromVCMBackup, service=RDBI_FA2 - ReadDataByIdentifier FA Teil 2, description=error: timeout, link=VCM_BACKUP_ETHERNET>, timestamp=Sun Apr 28 10:58:03 PDT 2019, package name=com.bmw.prodias.execution.primitives.mcd, class name=SingleEcuJob, text id=MCD_EVENT_ID__JOB__SERVICE__DESCRIPTION__LINK__, event id=default, event type=DiagService error, null},PSdZEvent={message=MCDDiagService<id=36900, job=com.bmw.psdz.jobs.uds.vcm.MCD3_ReadFAFromVCMBackup, service=RDBI_ADS - ReadDataByIdentifier ActiveDiagnosticSession, description=error: timeout, link=VCM_BACKUP_ETHERNET>, timestamp=Sun Apr 28 10:58:03 PDT 2019, package name=com.bmw.prodias.execution.primitives.mcd, class name=SingleEcuJob, text id=MCD_EVENT_ID__JOB__SERVICE__DESCRIPTION__LINK__, event id=default, event type=DiagService error, null}}MCD Error Code: 0xd04fMCD Error Code Description: service execution failedVendor Code: 0x8000Vendor Code Description: VCI-specific error (WRONG_TARGET) occured: 67
	at com.bmw.psdz.vehicle.configuration.jobs.VCMJobs.systemFunction_requestFAfromVCMBackup(VCMJobs.java:593)
	at com.bmw.psdz.vcm.facade.VCMImpl.requestFAFromBackup(VCMImpl.java:169)
	at com.bmw.psdz.vcm.facade.VCMImpl.requestFAFromBackup(VCMImpl.java:1)
	at com.bmw.psdz.facade.VCMBF.requestFAFromBackup_aroundBody2(VCMBF.java:39)
	at com.bmw.psdz.facade.VCMBF.requestFAFromBackup_aroundBody3$advice(VCMBF.java:84)
	at com.bmw.psdz.facade.VCMBF.requestFAFromBackup(VCMBF.java:1)
	at com.bmw.esys.domain.psdz.Psdz.requestFAFromBackup(Psdz.java:1439)
	... 41 more
Any ideas?

Last edited by BMWAaron; 04-28-2019 at 02:07 PM.. Reason: Add error info
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2019, 03:59 PM   #14469
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWAaron View Post
Shawn - you've helped me before with coding a 2016 F10 I had and appreciated the help. Sorry in advance for the long post. Now, on to my new problem (project?):

I'm in the process of retrofitting a NBT system (HW31) from a European F10 into a Range Rover L322 with bimmerretrofit system. Because it's a retrofit into a non-F series vehicle, I'm connecting via TCP (169.254.199.99:6801) and Series, I-step is chosen. I am connected via a hardwired ethernet cable to the quadlock harness. Target selected is F010. Lower right says HTTP Connected.

Using E-Sys, I was able to read the VIN from the donor NBT head unit using the FSC function (so I assume I'm actually connecting to the NBT unit - if I'm not, please correct me). I'm using E-Sys 3.31.0 via Launcher Pro 3.0.4.90. I believe I have PSDZData level 52.0 (under F010 there is a folder with the title "F010_18_03_520_V_001_000_000").

When I try to do anything else, I receive the following errors:

I have received error C061 when attempting to write the FA.
When attempting to edit FDL for the HU_NBT CAFD (which appearance when I click Read ECU), I get the following error:
And the following two errors when trying to Read FA event though I've loaded the FA generated from the donor VIN and FP calculates:

Any ideas?
You can Load any FA you want and use for Coding. You can NOT though read and write FA, as FA is stored car VCM, which is in Gateway Module and CAS Module as backup, and this car has neither.

I have no idea on the FDL Code error.

Appreciate 0
      04-29-2019, 09:51 AM   #14470
wroter
Registered
Poland
Rep
Drives: F30 N20

Hi Guys,

Can I also get PM with all new SW?

I'm going to retrofit rear PDC in my F30.
I have enet cable, new REM module with correct pin numbers, sensors and wires and a litte bit experience with coding...

BTW
I used BMWAicoder 4.6 to do some simple coding.

Many thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2019, 10:20 AM   #14471
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by wroter View Post
Hi Guys,

Can I also get PM with all new SW?

I'm going to retrofit rear PDC in my F30.
I have enet cable, new REM module with correct pin numbers, sensors and wires and a litte bit experience with coding...

BTW
I used BMWAicoder 4.6 to do some simple coding.

Many thanks
PM sent.

Appreciate 0
      04-29-2019, 04:01 PM   #14472
alpinestars1818
2012 328i Luxury
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 328i

Shawn, You do so much here. It's appreciated! Can you send me details on esys so I can get to coding?
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2019, 04:36 PM   #14473
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpinestars1818 View Post
Shawn, You do so much here. It's appreciated! Can you send me details on esys so I can get to coding?
PM sent.

Appreciate 0
      04-29-2019, 04:37 PM   #14474
andrew.shall
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i

Hi shawn, can you send me the link for Rheingold/Ista. Trying to figure out what the problem is with my installation of the OEM alarm system and siren
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2019, 04:38 PM   #14475
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew.shall View Post
Hi shawn, can you send me the link for Rheingold/Ista. Trying to figure out what the problem is with my installation of the OEM alarm system and siren
Sorry, but I cannot help with ISTA.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2019, 05:41 AM   #14476
contracts34
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 4 Series F33

Link

Hi Shawn, please can I request a link for downloading e-sys, PSdZData and tokenmaster ?
Appreciate 0