F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > 2014 320i XDrive Retrofit iDrive Question
GetBMWParts

05-16-2017, 10:29 AM   #1
XxThe_RemedyXx
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i xDrive

2014 320i XDrive Retrofit iDrive Question

Hi everyone -

My 2014 320i XDrive came with the small head unit, no navigation and bluetooth telephone (no audio over bluetooth). It also came with the smaller iDrive knob (non touch). I basically wanted to upgrade the system to the 8.8 inch display with the new iDrive knob.

I've looked around and there are so many different routes to go that frankly is overwhelming for me. Can anyone recommend a "kit" that comes with everything required to make the swap (preferably something plug and play if it exisits?)

I've posted a pic of the options that came with my car below. I'm hoping there's something new out there that will fit the bill:

View post on imgur.com
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2017, 10:06 AM   #2
jkwhar
Captain
Rep
Drives: F30 328i Xdrive | F15 x35i

Look into the vendor below...also, look into NBT retrofit (non ID5). Since you have HU_entry, retrofitting NBT should be almost easy.
https://www.bimmer-tech.net/shop/bmw...tion-retrofits

FOR SALE! Sport line Steering wheel with heated, paddle shifter, vibration motor, no airbag | EDM Bi-Xenon adaptive headlights (SOLD) | surround view retrofit kit (sold) | KAFAS2 camera and ECU | FLA camera(sold) | 6WB cluster (SOLD)
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2017, 06:29 PM   #3
Mwahab
Banned
Egypt
Rep
Drives: F30

Garage List
2015 BMW F30  [0.00]
Go for an EVO ID5
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2017, 06:31 PM   #4
XxThe_RemedyXx
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwahab View Post
Go for an EVO ID5
What exactly is the difference?
      05-17-2017, 06:46 PM   #5
Mwahab
Banned
Egypt
Rep
Drives: F30

Garage List
2015 BMW F30  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxThe_RemedyXx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwahab View Post
Go for an EVO ID5
What exactly is the difference?
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...29055453834179

different in everything
bimmertech supplies the evo too!
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2017, 08:43 AM   #6
steve@codemybimmer
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Hong Kong
Rep

Drives: 2020 G20 320i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxThe_RemedyXx View Post
Hi everyone -

My 2014 320i XDrive came with the small head unit, no navigation and bluetooth telephone (no audio over bluetooth). It also came with the smaller iDrive knob (non touch). I basically wanted to upgrade the system to the 8.8 inch display with the new iDrive knob.

I've looked around and there are so many different routes to go that frankly is overwhelming for me. Can anyone recommend a "kit" that comes with everything required to make the swap (preferably something plug and play if it exisits?)

I've posted a pic of the options that came with my car below. I'm hoping there's something new out there that will fit the bill:

View post on imgur.com

2014 models have a combox which means that your microphone, USB and Bluetooth are running to the trunk.

If you go with our retrofit, it will be 90% plug and play but you will still need to run a replacement mic cable from the A pillar over to the main connector of the head unit which isn't too bad. We also send you a replacement USB cable and Bluetooth antenna so that you don't have to run those from the trunk back up to the front. Everything is pre-programmed on our bench before sending to you so it is all FSC activated and coded to your vehicle spec.
Online Store | Remote Coding Package| ID6 Retrofit for almost all F Chassis BMWs

Last edited by steve@codemybimmer; 05-18-2017 at 09:50 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2017, 01:54 PM   #7
XxThe_RemedyXx
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmercoders View Post
2014 models have a combox which means that your microphone, USB and Bluetooth are running to the trunk.

If you go with our retrofit, it will be 90% plug and play but you will still need to run a replacement mic cable from the A pillar over to the main connector of the head unit which isn't too bad. We also send you a replacement USB cable and Bluetooth antenna so that you don't have to run those from the trunk back up to the front. Everything is pre-programmed on our bench before sending to you so it is all FSC activated and coded to your vehicle spec.
That sounds simple enough. Does any coding have to be done after the installation? If so, how does that happen? Remotely?
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2017, 01:57 PM   #8
steve@codemybimmer
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
That sounds simple enough. Does any coding have to be done after the installation? If so, how does that happen? Remotely?
Yes, we will need to make some coding modifications on your existing setup so that there are no conflicts with NBT. We provide ENET cables for all NBT ship outs in case any follow up coding is required. Coding is done over Team Viewer on your Windows or Mac laptop over your Wi-Fi or Mobile Hot spot connection.
Online Store | Remote Coding Package| ID6 Retrofit for almost all F Chassis BMWs
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2017, 02:02 PM   #9
XxThe_RemedyXx
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmercoders View Post
Yes, we will need to make some coding modifications on your existing setup so that there are no conflicts with NBT. We provide ENET cables for all NBT ship outs in case any follow up coding is required. Coding is done over Team Viewer on your Windows or Mac laptop over your Wi-Fi or Mobile Hot spot connection.
Great. Lastly, how much would this set me back?
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2017, 02:09 PM   #10
steve@codemybimmer
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Great. Lastly, how much would this set me back?
Check PM.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2017, 01:59 PM   #11
Dev_inlife
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 528i xDrive

I'd like to join in on this too please.
Appreciate 0