F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > 2012 335i sport issues
Extreme Powerhouse

06-11-2012, 03:20 PM   #1
DrDan
Registered
Rep
Drives: 335i Sport Sedan

2012 335i sport issues

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Anyone else seeing these things happening? Car is back at the dealer for a week and they have no clue whats going on. Under 4k on the car and Im flipping pissed.. Here is the note I left on the front see of the car when I dropped the keys in the managers hand.. saying he better fix it by Friday (week #2) or give me another one..

Auto start failing. Once a day minimum and:
1. Having the AC on or off doesn’t affect it
2. Being in or out of “Comfy” mode doesn’t affect it.
3. Seems random but when it does start, sometimes it holds the breaks for a few seconds and doesn’t let the car drive forward (even on flat surfaces and with gas applied)
4. Once auto start fails, it’s hard to get it back into gear. Got stuck at a light and took 4 times pulling the shifter before it held drive and I was able to drive away. Being second in line at the light, I actually was stuck long enough to miss the light.
5. Most recently, the car fluttered to start, then started but said it failed to start.. Resulting in my need to push the power button (off) and then again (on) before I could select drive.

Transmission slipped (going down a hill taking a right, engine was cold but running for a few minutes (about 5) before I left my house (Called in May 2 2012) and I was asked to monitor for any other symptoms

Transmission engaged late/Shifted hard - Sitting at a Red light. On the green, I hit the gas and the engine revved up and suddenly engaged, chipping the tires. I was only slightly on the gas.

Gas mileage is down on the last 2 tanks ( 29.7 on average from the 32.8 I was getting) and suddenly Im seeing lots of black power at exhaust.. (I know its a minor change but I only use the car for my weekly 340 mile drive so its the same roads, same traffic same weather conditions. I use the cruse control @ 70mph for these long trips

Speedometer is off (shows 85MPH when actually doing 79/80) confirmed with my GPS and 2 other cars driving with me.

Randomly, it has a lag like I’m in ECOMODE even when I’m in sport or comfy. Takes up to 3-4 seconds to have the power it should but will limp along. Having the AC on or off doesn’t affect it., I think it could be related to next item of Hill break

Hill break sometime engages randomly post auto restart on flat surfaces or hills (facing up or down) Its holding the car back even when on the gas for a few seconds

Intermittently rough idle. Normally post auto restarts and doesn't settle down for a few minutes even post trying to drive away..

Any input you guys have would be great. Love the car when its happy (running well) but the past 4 weeks of the 3 months of ownership have sucked.. its not the same car I purchased!
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2012, 03:59 PM   #2
ric124
Colonel
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: F87 M2 BSM MT

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
I have a 335i sport with the 6spd manual with 1700miles. No issues yet (knock on wood). I heard there is a big difference with the ones built before April 2012. Seems they worked out a few kinks for the April built.

PS. I get 19.9MPG
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2012, 04:04 PM   #3
DrDan
Registered
Rep

Hmm.. The unit I purchased was the demo on the floor as there was a very long wait to get them loaded. I bet they used shoe string and bubble gum to get something into the show rooms. The dealer told me it was the first one on the lot, first one they sold.. and unfortunately the first one they have to service..
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2012, 04:08 PM   #4
huskercubfan
STM TRPR
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i MW

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDan View Post
Auto start failing. Once a day minimum.
There is a service bulletin for this. Google it.

Quote:
Gas mileage is down on the last 2 tanks ( 29.7 on average from the 32.8 I was getting)
This is so negligible that you cannot blame the car. I'm sorry.

Quote:
Speedometer is off (shows 85MPH when actually doing 79/80) confirmed with my GPS and 2 other cars driving with me.
This is a very common thing among BMWs. Their speedos are always faster than reality by 3-5mph.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2012, 04:12 PM   #5
ric124
Colonel
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: F87 M2 BSM MT

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Hmm.. The unit I purchased was the demo on the floor as there was a very long wait to get them loaded. I bet they used shoe string and bubble gum to get something into the show rooms. The dealer told me it was the first one on the lot, first one they sold.. and unfortunately the first one they have to service..
I would never buy one off the show room because you have people like me who come in and test drive it. So the who break in rule bmw sets goes out the door. Every gears sees red line, rotors glow and tires are nice hot and sticky. I also check that increased top speed limiter
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2012, 09:28 PM   #6
DrDan
Registered
Rep

The demo was in the showroom and not driven. I was the only driver (other than the service guys) to drive the car. I cant say the same for who go in the car but Im ok with that.. I think something with the computer is messed up.. and its not the engine nor transmission.
Appreciate 0