F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge > For those who thought Barry Bonds was on steriods...
GetBMWParts

03-07-2006, 12:40 PM   #1
kobechrome
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 335xi

Garage List
For those who thought Barry Bonds was on steriods...

... you were right.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...x.html?cnn=yes

Who hits 73 HRs at 37 years old? Or hits their power peak after 35? I knew he was juiced up. I hope he gets exposed for what he is... a cheater.
      03-07-2006, 12:47 PM   #2
Enroutte
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: ;D

I go to school with his kid.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2006, 12:52 PM   #3
shragon
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

plus he's a total asshole.

hopefully things will get interesting.
      03-07-2006, 12:53 PM   #4
Enroutte
Private First Class
Rep

He was nice to me when I met him at school. Maybe you guys just caught him on a wrong day
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2006, 12:56 PM   #5
kobechrome
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Do you mean him or his kid? He's an a*hole from what I hear. But maybe he was fronting for your HS
      03-07-2006, 12:59 PM   #6
Enroutte
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobechrome
Do you mean him or his kid? He's an a*hole from what I hear. But maybe he was fronting for your HS

His kid is okay I guess. Snob like no other.

He was nice when he was touring our campus, probably because it was in front of admissions people.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2006, 01:08 PM   #7
BigDog
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: YMB F80

haven't gotten past the first paragraph....

but i will say if he took winstrol.... he wouldn't be as pudgy looking as he's looked.... in fact winstrol is a very dry steroid...

similar thing with trenbolone....

test deconate... sure maybe thats all water he's keeping in
HGH can also give you a somewhat bloated look too but depends....

"According to the book, Bonds gulped as many as 20 pills at a time and was so deeply reliant on his regimen that he ordered Anderson to start "cycles" -- a prescribed period of steroid use lasting about three weeks -- even when he was not due to begin one. Steroid users typically stop usage for a week or two periodically to allow the body to continue to produce natural testosterone; otherwise, such production diminishes or ceases with the continued introduction of synthetic forms of the muscle-building hormone."

thats wrong... a cycle is generally 8-14 weeks or so... and time on = time off... it takes more than one to two weeks to get your natty levels up...

a user of B. Bonds caliber wouldn't use just clomid either... maybe HCG tossed in there, etc

article kinda conveys its point... but the details are waaay off....
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2006, 01:10 PM   #8
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sepang Z4MC

Appreciate 0
      03-07-2006, 01:14 PM   #9
JOYRIIDE1113
Pirate
United_States
Rep
Drives: Detailing Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDog

but i will say if he took winstrol.... he wouldn't be as pudgy looking as he's looked.... in fact winstrol is a very dry steroid...

"According to the book, Bonds gulped as many as 20 pills at a time and was so deeply reliant on his regimen that he ordered Anderson to start "cycles" -- a prescribed period of steroid use lasting about three weeks -- even when he was not due to begin one. Steroid users typically stop usage for a week or two periodically to allow the body to continue to produce natural testosterone; otherwise, such production diminishes or ceases with the continued introduction of synthetic forms of the muscle-building hormone."

thats wrong... a cycle is generally 8-14 weeks or so... and time on = time off... it takes more than one to two weeks to get your natty levels up...

a user of B. Bonds caliber wouldn't use just clomid either... maybe HCG tossed in there, etc

exactly! I love to read about reports on steroid use. Most of the time they are wrong and over inflame it.

Steroids are illegal, yes, we know, but when reporters make it seem like they're these super acting drugs that change you in a days time and make you gain 50lbs in 3 weeks is halarious...

isn't 3 week cycles whats prescribed for pro-hormones. NOT steroids. You know, the stuff you used to be able to get at gnc or what not before it was banend months ago.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2006, 01:16 PM   #10
BellasBmw
If love is the answer,please rephrase the question
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tit Silver 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
And did you guys hear about that contact lens thats coming out? Supposedly it creates a lighting contrast, thus the white baseball becomes very white, and is easily visible. So far a few players are already starting to use them.

I think its a shame, if players all start taking steriods or other enhancing drug, its not even worth watching anymore. Its like "whose more juiced up?"
      03-07-2006, 01:18 PM   #11
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellasBmw
And did you guys hear about that contact lens thats coming out? Supposedly it creates a lighting contrast, thus the white baseball becomes very white, and is easily visible. So far a few players are already starting to use them.

I think its a shame, if players all start taking steriods or other enhancing drug, its not even worth watching anymore. Its like "whose more juiced up?"
yeah i heard about those a few years ago, i think one of the players might have been irod?

Appreciate 0
      03-07-2006, 01:18 PM   #12
JOYRIIDE1113
Pirate
United_States
Rep
Drives: Detailing Shark

Quote:

Very true!
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2006, 01:20 PM   #13
BellasBmw
If love is the answer,please rephrase the question
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tit Silver 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki
yeah i heard about those a few years ago, i think one of the players might have been irod?
You mean A-rod?

Hes def got enough money to go and get whatever he wants, thats for sure. $26 million contract..
      03-07-2006, 01:21 PM   #14
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You mean A-rod?

Hes def got enough money to go and get whatever he wants, thats for sure. $26 million contract..
no, i think it was irod.

Appreciate 0
      03-07-2006, 01:24 PM   #15
Neil
The Designer
Rep
Drives: Nissan

We'll find out when Bonds dies of a massive heart attack at age 50.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2006, 02:24 PM   #16
BigDog
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: YMB F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOYRIIDE1113
exactly! I love to read about reports on steroid use. Most of the time they are wrong and over inflame it.

Steroids are illegal, yes, we know, but when reporters make it seem like they're these super acting drugs that change you in a days time and make you gain 50lbs in 3 weeks is halarious...

isn't 3 week cycles whats prescribed for pro-hormones. NOT steroids. You know, the stuff you used to be able to get at gnc or what not before it was banend months ago.
in all honesty, you won't get the monster gains from steroids alone... you still need the diet and training part... as far as the 3 week cycles, absolutly no fucking chance in hell....

yeah yeah steroids are abused etc etc.... but do we have to paint every fucking thing with a broad brush?

how come there's no massive outcry or bills being passed in regards to soccer moms abusing tylenol or other over the counter drugs?

please....
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2006, 02:28 PM   #17
shimshimhada
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Portal

Quote:

http://www.nike.com/nikevision/main.html#section=home
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2006, 02:38 PM   #18
thedean786
A Herald of Doom
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Fancy Car

Quote:

when you put them on you look like your eyes are glowing orange.
      03-07-2006, 02:53 PM   #19
Squawks
One of my two dachshunds:
United_States
Rep
Drives: B6 A4 3.0 Quattro

Quote:
And did you guys hear about that contact lens thats coming out?
The contacts filter out specific wavelengths of light such as blue so that players can track pitched balls better. These contacts have already been out for years.

Golf players love to use them - they allow them to see slopes and grades much, much better with better accuracy and precision.

In regards to Bonds, what a total shame. It's not news that he's pompous, arrogant, and pugnacious - everybody already knows that. It's a true shame, however, that he has let down hordes of Bay Area fans.

I can't blame him, though - the steroids probably got to him. I don't expect him to live much longer...as most heavy steroid users live rather short lives.

I wonder if Aaron or Ruth ever used steroids or performance enhancing drugs now...

That's why I
      03-07-2006, 03:18 PM   #20
ThreeBimm
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 325 xi

Quote:
You mean A-rod?

They are contact called Max Sight by Nike and Bausch & Lomb. I'm pretty sure A-Rod doesn't use them. I know Brian Roberts of the Orioles did at the beginning of last year. A lot of people thought that is why he had such a hot start.

As for Bonds. He's a schmuck. I hope he leaves the game. It's ridiculous to allow him to pass Ruth and possibly Aaron.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2006, 03:47 PM   #21
kobechrome
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDog

You sure know alot about steroids....
      03-07-2006, 07:09 PM   #22
bavarian19
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Car

Ok... so steroids is an issue in baseball. Its just covering some of the more major problems MLB is currently experiencing.

Small market teams are not able to compete. For the smaller teams to compete, they can buy up a team for one year, make a run at it, and then clean house like the Marlins have done for two championships now.

Im a Pirates fan and always will be. I have lost interest almost completely in MLB because of the lack of competition. So why doesnt MLB focus on some of its other problems. Get a damn salary cap in place with no questions asked. If it means no baseball for a year, that would be a sacrifice I wouldnt mind for a trulycompetitive sport...

For lack of better terms, baseball needs to go get some balls and fix the financial crisis it is in...
Appreciate 0