F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > your vehicle is not equipped for connecteddrive services
Extreme Powerhouse

07-22-2017, 04:26 AM   #1
salahy
Rep
Drives: E46

your vehicle is not equipped for connecteddrive services

Hello guys, I bought new F30 CLI 2017 and I am trying to connect it with the connecteddrive app but I keep getting "your vehicle is not equipped for connecteddrive services" how Can enable it ??

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2017, 09:20 AM   #2
jjrandorin
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 435 & 2016 X5D

go back to the dealer and make sure they enabled the connected drive services (this is a dealer enabled option that your car should have come with, but has to be enabled by the dealer).
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2017, 12:52 AM   #3
salahy
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrandorin View Post
go back to the dealer and make sure they enabled the connected drive services (this is a dealer enabled option that your car should have come with, but has to be enabled by the dealer).
Thank you for the reply, I asked the dealer if its enabled they said its not, is theres a certain code for this option ? I checked the vin decoder it doesnt say it has ConnectedDrive
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2017, 10:26 AM   #4
shiftdnb
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F31 328dx

Garage List
Is your car Navigation equipped? You have to have NAV, but any car equiped with it from 2014 on should be able to connect. All you need is a subscription and that should have come with your car and Navigation.

http://content.bmwusa.com/microsite/..._Connected.pdf
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2017, 11:12 AM   #5
jjrandorin
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 435 & 2016 X5D

Maybe connected drive services are not offered in the palestine? There seems to be a part of the discussion with your dealer you are leaving out.

What EXACTLY did you buy (exact BMW model)? Was it new or used? Salvage title? There are a lot of pieces missing here that you are not talking about...
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2017, 05:25 PM   #6
robbiep
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: VW e-Golf !

Assuming your VIN number is A053873 - as you've given above - then it looks as if your car does not have Nav.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2017, 12:52 PM   #7
salahy
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftdnb View Post
Is your car Navigation equipped? You have to have NAV, but any car equiped with it from 2014 on should be able to connect. All you need is a subscription and that should have come with your car and Navigation.

No it doesnt have navigation, I do have the connecteddrive in the car but its empty nothing in there, why do I need subscription if its new car ?

Quote:
Maybe connected drive services are not offered in the palestine? There seems to be a part of the discussion with your dealer you are leaving out.

What EXACTLY did you buy (exact BMW model)? Was it new or used? Salvage title? There are a lot of pieces missing here that you are not talking about...
I guess its not supported in palestine, I bought 318i F30 LCI 2017 last digits in the vin are A053873, Its very new car I bought it from the official dealer.

Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbiep View Post
Assuming your VIN number is A053873 - as you've given above - then it looks as if your car does not have Nav.
Yes it doesnt have the nav, but I guess the connecteddrive have some options enabled for the non-nav cars ?
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2017, 01:04 PM   #8
shiftdnb
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F31 328dx

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by salahy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftdnb View Post

No it doesnt have navigation, I do have the connecteddrive in the car but its empty nothing in there, why do I need subscription if its new car ?

Quote:

I guess its not supported in palestine, I bought 318i F30 LCI 2017 last digits in the vin are A053873, Its very new car I bought it from the official dealer.

Thank you

Quote:
Yes it doesnt have the nav, but I guess the connecteddrive have some options enabled for the non-nav cars ?
This is from the link I posted.

Vehicle Requirements: The new BMW Connected app is compatible with Model Year 2014 and newer Navigation-equipped vehicles, except 2014 X6. An active BMW AssistTM/ConnectedDrive subscription is required. Not all features and functions will be available in every vehicle. For customers with vehicles without BMW Assist/ConnectedDrive capabilities, it is still possible to create an account via the app to log into BMW Connected and use the Journey Management, such as estimated travel time, learned destinations, and more, outside the vehicle.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2017, 06:01 PM   #9
robbiep
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: VW e-Golf !

I can only assume that, due to various security issues, cars sold in that area of the world are not equipped with navigation systems. Cars could be targeted, GPS systems removed from cars and used in other ways, etc.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2017, 01:11 AM   #10
salahy
Rep

Quote:
I can only assume that, due to various security issues, cars sold in that area of the world are not equipped with navigation systems. Cars could be targeted, GPS systems removed from cars and used in other ways, etc.
I dont have navigation, I just want to use the apps, online radio, facebook and stuff, I still dont understand why its not enabled
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2017, 01:32 PM   #11
Encanto
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by salahy View Post
I dont have navigation, I just want to use the apps, online radio, facebook and stuff, I still dont understand why its not enabled
Your F30 318i does not have any of the hardware required for ConnectedDrive just because ConnectedDrive is only available in Dubai and Kuwait according to BMW. Your dealer should have told you that.

Last edited by Encanto; 07-31-2017 at 02:28 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2017, 03:01 AM   #12
salahy
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encanto View Post
Your F30 318i does not have any of the hardware required for ConnectedDrive just because ConnectedDrive is only available in Dubai and Kuwait according to BMW. Your dealer should have told you that.
Yes they told me after I got it
this sucks
Appreciate 0