F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > F1 - Hamilton?s to lose?
Studio RSR

10-07-2017, 11:16 AM   #45
Tengocity
General
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 911, Cayenne Turbo, Disco 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustChris View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveChester View Post
Combination of Merc being able to turn the motor up and class from Hamilton. Pity about the penalty from Bottas otherwise he could have played a useful role tomorrow....
Agree, gutted, when I turned it off I thought they were 1 and 2 and Bottas had truly done his bit to support Lewis.

Never mind might not matter and damn yes I might just get up at 5:30 do the start

Anyone else insane enough to watch live?
I've had a crazy week so can't do 6am this Sunday, and I also want to get out for a morning blast in the car, sonny cunning plan is to take the Boxster out at 7am for a couple of hours, then back for breakfast and then watch the F1 as if it starts at 9am and avoid all news sources!

As good as watching it live...
Current: Porsche 911 991 C4S, Porsche Cayenne Turbo, Land Rover Discovery 4. Gone...G01 X3 M40i, Cayman S 987, F31 340i, Cayman GT4, F82 M4 CP, Lotus Exige V6, G20 330e, F30 330e, Boxster S 987, F31 335d, Mini Cooper SD, E89 Z4, E90 330d 320d, E60 520d, E46 330d 320d, MX5s, E30 325i
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2017, 01:29 PM   #46
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengocity View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustChris View Post
Quote:
Combination of Merc being able to turn the motor up and class from Hamilton. Pity about the penalty from Bottas otherwise he could have played a useful role tomorrow....
Agree, gutted, when I turned it off I thought they were 1 and 2 and Bottas had truly done his bit to support Lewis.

Never mind might not matter and damn yes I might just get up at 5:30 do the start

Anyone else insane enough to watch live?
I've had a crazy week so can't do 6am this Sunday, and I also want to get out for a morning blast in the car, sonny cunning plan is to take the Boxster out at 7am for a couple of hours, then back for breakfast and then watch the F1 as if it starts at 9am and avoid all news sources!

Would love to do the same but lads football at 9:15 pan.

Come on Lewis!
      10-07-2017, 03:36 PM   #47
SteveChester
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Garage List
2014 BMW F82 M4  [0.00]
Great quali lap from Lewis - he just needs a good start and hold off Vettel into turn 1 and 2....
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2017, 12:51 AM   #48
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Oh dear Vettel just lost his spark.
      10-08-2017, 12:53 AM   #49
SteveChester
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW F82 M4  [0.00]
It?s a shame I would have liked to have seen them race today but +25 points
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2017, 04:51 AM   #50
NISFAN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Disappointing race for the championship. Gutted.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2017, 05:01 AM   #51
SteveChester
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW F82 M4  [0.00]
Yep its a shame we never got to see them race but looks set for a good last 4 races of the season!
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2017, 09:06 AM   #52
JNW1
Major General
Rep
Drives: F56 Mini Cooper S

Quote:
Yep its a shame we never got to see them race but looks set for a good last 4 races of the season!
Perhaps but not really quite the same edge to it all when the championship's not at stake; I know Lewis isn't quite there yet but it will take an extraordinary set of results for him to lose it now. In actual fact, looking at the driver's standings I think Vettel may not even finish second in the championship - if current form continues I can see him finishing behind Bottas as well!
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2017, 01:59 AM   #53
McBeemer
Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 335d Xd MSport Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengocity View Post

Great thing is that you can skip through long boring periods of safety car or red flag too! (I always make sure to leave sky on obscure channel, so as not to get a glimpse of result when switching on)

Gone: 2015 F31 320d M Sport Xdrive Auto
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2017, 03:40 AM   #54
F20MAW73
440i Gran Coupe, Auto
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 440i GC

I got my race timings completely wrong Sunday morning.

I woke up, bolted out of bed to watch the race downstairs and it was lap 53 of 53!

Thank god that was at least to see Hamilton win. That would not have been a good start to the day had that result been the other way round.

Things are looking good for Lewis. I can't help but wonder though is reliability going to play its parts with his car though at some point. Although he should have enough of a buffer with that scenario.
      10-09-2017, 04:28 AM   #55
DB118D
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 118d Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by F20MAW73 View Post
I got my race timings completely wrong Sunday morning.

I woke up, bolted out of bed to watch the race downstairs and it was lap 53 of 53!

Thank god that was at least to see Hamilton win. That would not have been a good start to the day had that result been the other way round.

Things are looking good for Lewis. I can't help but wonder though is reliability going to play its parts with his car though at some point. Although he should have enough of a buffer with that scenario.
Even taking account the law of averages and allowing for a DNF, HAM still has it sewn up I think
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2017, 04:45 AM   #56
nickcuprar
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 320D Sport Step Auto

What do you think about this?

A friend of mine who knows a few people who work in F1 as journos etc, believe that Vettel may have crashed on purpose on the close down lap in Malaysia.

The reason being to prevent the stewards from looking at the car after the race. They believe the Ferrari may have been underweight to help Vettel climb through the pack.

As it was smashed up it wasn?t weighed and went straight back to Italy.

You could not compare Vettels pace in the race to Kimi?s as he DNS....... and therefore wouldn?t know he was underweight.

Vettel also took the wheel from the car at the end.

Vettel wasn?t that upset about the crash afterwards. Was he controlling his emotions unlike Baku and Mexico last year??

What do you guys think?
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2017, 04:52 AM   #57
NISFAN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickcuprar View Post

A friend of mine who knows a few people who work in F1 as journos etc, believe that Vettel may have crashed on purpose on the close down lap in Malaysia.

The reason being to prevent the stewards from looking at the car after the race. They believe the Ferrari may have been underweight to help Vettel climb through the pack.

You could not compare Vettels pace in the race to Kimi?s as he DNS....... and therefore wouldn?t know he was underweight.

Vettel wasn?t that upset about the crash afterwards. Was he controlling his emotions unlike Baku and Mexico last year??

What do you guys think?
Running underweight, would be a pretty risky strategy, as cars get randomly weighed after the race. So the intention is to crash anyway to avoid that scenario?

Seems even more risky, as the chance of ?causing a collision? or ?damaging a gearbox? must be pretty high.

Don?t you just love conspiracy theories
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2017, 06:14 AM   #58
nickcuprar
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 320D Sport Step Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by NISFAN View Post
Quote:

What do you guys think?
Running underweight, would be a pretty risky strategy, as cars get randomly weighed after the race. So the intention is to crash anyway to avoid that scenario?

Seems even more risky, as the chance of ?causing a collision? or ?damaging a gearbox? must be pretty high.

Don?t you just love conspiracy theories
My thoughts entirely, but Kimi not starting made me think twice!

I do find it hard to believe but it wouldn?t be the first time Ferrari try bend the rules!
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2017, 12:20 PM   #59
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Q7 & Clubman JCW on order

Quote:
My thoughts entirely, but Kimi not starting made me think twice!

I do find it hard to believe but it wouldn?t be the first time Ferrari try bend the rules!
Seems a little far fetched to me, like most conspiracy theories.

He was faster than most of the field anyway, so at best it would have gained him 3-5 places, probably not even that.

Then risk a grid penalty in the next race that could have easily been more than five places. Ok it wasn't in the end, but to believe that he knows exactly how to crash, but not damage anything significant in such a highly tuned and engineered car is also far fetched.

I'm sticking with lack of concentration and feeling under pressure being the reason for his crash.
Appreciate 0