F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Is it me or people seem to hate BMW drivers?
ARMA SPEED
Closed Thread

05-09-2014, 11:46 AM   #45
ft1330
Major
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335BOY View Post
....I wonder where this stereotype comes from.............
There was BMW hate expressed by a truck, and then there was a BMW response. The BMW won. I see no problem here.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2014, 11:56 AM   #46
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ft1330 View Post
I can tell you that yesterday when that contractor truck cut me off without signaling and I closed in on him at 120 mph, he moved back to his lane REAL QUICK.
I was on the Jersey Turnpike driving back to DC from NYC. I go to merge, going with the flow of traffic and this asshole guido lookin guy in an Infiniti Q50 decided to speed up so that I couldn't merge over. I was forced to slam on my brakes and get behind him.

Then he proceeded to try to drive away from me. I guess he did not fully realize he was in a Q50 and that I was in a 335i so I hit about 100-110 mph passed him, got in front of him and slammed on my brakes then proceeding to swerve in such a way that he could not pass me.

So I guess that article posted earlier about being careful of angry guys in blue BMW's is valid.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2014, 12:03 PM   #47
ft1330
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fecurtis View Post
I was on the Jersey Turnpike driving back to DC from NYC. I go to merge, going with the flow of traffic and this asshole guido lookin guy in an Infiniti Q50 decided to speed up so that I couldn't merge over. I was forced to slam on my brakes and get behind him.

Then he proceeded to try to drive away from me. I guess he did not fully realize he was in a Q50 and that I was in a 335i so I hit about 100-110 mph passed him, got in front of him and slammed on my brakes then proceeding to swerve in such a way that he could not pass me.

So I guess that article posted earlier about being careful of angry guys in blue BMW's is valid.
Cool story, but how about the contractor truck in the first place? I would NEVER slam my brakes on someone or anything remotely aggressive. I was just minding my business on the LEFT lane in an empty highway (a little bit fast I agree, was late to a super important meeting). Then this truck decides to put on his cop hat and regulate the traffic and pull in front of me. If anything the redneck was being an asshole, not the bimmer. That was my point that was missed by 335BBOY unfortunately. But he has shown himself not to be the brightest around here so I'm not gonna give this Canadian a hard time.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2014, 12:07 PM   #48
zambarossa
Vault Dweller
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 M3 6MT (Dravit/KO/ZPP)

Slamming on the brakes in front of someone for no good reason is an assholish move in my book no matter what. That is an accident waiting to happen. Think of the guys behind you two reacting and maybe having shitty cars that cannot stop in time to avoid an impact.
Someone pisses you off, you just blow by them or leave them be, although the former can result in some costly speeding ticket.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2014, 12:11 PM   #49
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zambarossa View Post
Slamming on the brakes in front of someone for no good reason is an assholish move in my book no matter what.
There was a perfectly good reason for it, there is no reason to purposely speed up so someone can't merge. This guy had to of accelerated to around 80-85 mph just so I couldn't merge (I was going about 60 mph, speed limit was 55, when I attempted to merge, could hear him hit WOT just so I couldn't merge onto the highway, forcing me to slam on my brakes otherwise I'd of had to merge into him). I'd do it again too in a heartbeat. Provided no one is behind the car. In this instance, no one was. Like I said, I had to hit around 110 mph to catch up to, and pass, him. He's not going to have anyone behind him.

You can think it's an asshole move if you want. What I really wanted to do is pull that prick out of his car and beat the living crap out of him. Ugh just picturing that guy's guido face infuriates me, with his windows down, blaring rap music, with his slicked up hair and smoking his stupid cigarette.

Either way, the moral of the story is that I hate New Jersey.

Last edited by fecurtis; 05-09-2014 at 12:16 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2014, 12:23 PM   #50
gcreese
gcreese
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i xDrive Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by focal View Post
my observation is souped up VW's get the title. BMW drivers aren't far behind
I agree. I think VW drivers take the title, probably due to VW's marketing campaign, "Drivers wanted." Quick to tailgate, quick to pass you in the right lane if you aren't driving fast enough for their taste, etc. A lot of darting maneuvers to prove that their car is fast and their reactions are superb. Audis are up there, along with some BMWs (usually the highly modified ones--people driving stock BMWs seem to be calmer).

Then you have the big honking SUVs. Not every one, but enough to be noticeable. They aren't aggressive drivers per se, they just won't move out of the far left lane, even if there's a quarter mile backup behind them. They're going the same speed as the middle lane, but never move over. I can't figure out if it's because they never look in their rear view mirror, or because they're in an SUV towering above everyone else and figure they're special.

2010 535i xDrive Sport Wagon (April 2009): Deep Sea Blue / Cream Beige / Sport, Premium, Cold Weather Packages
2011 335i xDrive Coupe (April 2011, European Delivery): Le Mans Blue / Oyster-Black / M Sport, Premium, Convenience Packages
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2014, 12:29 PM   #51
jacar
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 AH3

Although I tend to drive more aggressive in the BMW than the other cars, I also make it a point not to react to other drivers. A long time ago I flashed my lights at a slow car in the left lane then switched to the right and blew past them-a couple mean looking guys in the car gave me the finger and proceeded to tailgate, flashing their lights and following me-so I could not lead them to my home, instead spent a half hour trying to shake them-eventually did by holding a brake at a green light until it just turned red and got across so they were blocked by the traffic. The lesson being you have no idea who is in the other car or what the consequences of your actions might be, if the point is to get to your destination don't let others on the road distract you from that.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2014, 01:10 PM   #52
335BOY
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 SQ5

Quote:
Cool story, but how about the contractor truck in the first place? I would NEVER slam my brakes on someone or anything remotely aggressive. I was just minding my business on the LEFT lane in an empty highway (a little bit fast I agree, was late to a super important meeting). Then this truck decides to put on his cop hat and regulate the traffic and pull in front of me. If anything the redneck was being an asshole, not the bimmer. That was my point that was missed by 335BBOY unfortunately. But he has shown himself not to be the brightest around here so I'm not gonna give this Canadian a hard time.
You were doing 120 MPH! You wonder where the stereotype comes from? Really? You are assuming he was putting his cop hat on. At OVER double the speed limit he probably didnt see you. Because he was driving a truck he was a redneck? You just made a generalization about truck drivers. What do you think he thought of BMW drivers? WOW. It IS cold up here btw.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2014, 01:12 PM   #53
335BOY
Colonel
Rep

Quote:

Read the thread title and read that back to yourself. This thread is hilarious.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2014, 01:13 PM   #54
paulbrenneman
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Mineral Grey 335i M-Sport ZF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluelondon
Quote:
Originally Posted by OC40 View Post
In Irvine and Newport Beach, MB drivers are the worst followed by anyone in an SUV. I rarely see BMW drivers driving like jackasses and BMWs rule the road here.
Same. I live in Irvine and I've never seen a BMW, old or brand new M6, driving recklessly. I'm not a BMW fan boy, if I see an idiot driving like an idiot, I'll point and say hey look, there goes an idiot. I don't care about brand this and brand that. But BMW drivers down here are legit.
Yep, I live in the area as well. Well... I am a BMW fanboy, but I think I can say accurately that BMW drivers are generally more respectful in their driving than say Mercedes Benz drivers as you mentioned - they are the worst.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2014, 01:50 PM   #55
snowghost
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 335i M-Sport 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by kent11202 View Post
I doubt there's any statistical evidence to support BMW drivers are idiotic behind the wheel but it's an interesting observation nonetheless. I say that because it "seems" to be pretty much the same way around here.

Most of them are younger drivers that have apparently never been involved in or experienced a really tragic accident so, as with many young people, they feel "exempt" from death.
Some recent study said BMW drivers are the worst. Prius next. I'd say Prius first--never seen so many douches as in Priuses.
      05-09-2014, 01:57 PM   #56
snowghost
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 335i M-Sport 6MT

Quote:
There was a perfectly good reason for it, there is no reason to purposely speed up so someone can't merge. This guy had to of accelerated to around 80-85 mph just so I couldn't merge (I was going about 60 mph, speed limit was 55, when I attempted to merge, could hear him hit WOT just so I couldn't merge onto the highway, forcing me to slam on my brakes otherwise I'd of had to merge into him). I'd do it again too in a heartbeat. Provided no one is behind the car. In this instance, no one was. Like I said, I had to hit around 110 mph to catch up to, and pass, him. He's not going to have anyone behind him.

You can think it's an asshole move if you want. What I really wanted to do is pull that prick out of his car and beat the living crap out of him. Ugh just picturing that guy's guido face infuriates me, with his windows down, blaring rap music, with his slicked up hair and smoking his stupid cigarette.

Either way, the moral of the story is that I hate New Jersey.
I've done that a couple times in the past, but then you realize even if nobody is behind them, they can still hit you. Not worth it.
      05-09-2014, 02:02 PM   #57
335BOY
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
There was BMW hate expressed by a truck, and then there was a BMW response. The BMW won. I see no problem here.
IF he saw you It was "idiot hate" by truck driver. You were going so fast there is no way he could tell what kind of car you were in through his rear view mirror. BMW win? Highway driving is a competition? Another reason....................
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2014, 02:11 PM   #58
dmk11
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by fecurtis
Quote:
I can tell you that yesterday when that contractor truck cut me off without signaling and I closed in on him at 120 mph, he moved back to his lane REAL QUICK.

Wow. I am ashamed to just be reading this. That's a definition of a douche right here. No wonder where this stereotype came from.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2014, 02:24 PM   #59
Benstuck
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i N55 E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by fecurtis
Quote:

By repeating what he did to you, does that prove no difference between him and you?
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2014, 03:19 PM   #60
ft1330
Major
Rep

Quote:
IF he saw you It was "idiot hate" by truck driver. You were going so fast there is no way he could tell what kind of car you were in through his rear view mirror. BMW win? Highway driving is a competition? Another reason....................
You replied 3 separate times to the same message... Put down the Rob Ford crack pipe dude.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2014, 03:26 PM   #61
exclusivo
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: race car

I think my driving is great, others may say I drive like an asshole. I am an observant driver, I can read traffic and always aware of whats going on in front, on the sides and behind me. If I have to cut someone off who clearly has no idea what they are doing, holding up traffic, driving slow, making slow lane changes, or changing lanes and breaking at the same time, using a phone, talking to passnegers etc. I most definitely will. I am confident in my driving, it's other people on the road that I am worried about, and I will do my best to avoid them. It has nothing to do with me being in a BMW, I will drive the same way in my parents corolla or minivan. A majority of the people on the road should not be allowed to be behind the wheel.
      05-09-2014, 03:34 PM   #62
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i xDrive Sport Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowghost View Post
Some recent study said BMW drivers are the worst. Prius next. I'd say Prius first--never seen so many douches as in Priuses.
Prius drivers are the worst. The whole point of the Prius is being an economic car, but the way Prius drivers operate, they defeat the purpose of the car! I would then say minivan drivers are the second worst. I've seen crazy wacko parents WITH kids in the car drive like crazy. I never understood that.

Clarkson put it best:
      05-09-2014, 03:51 PM   #63
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowghost View Post
I've done that a couple times in the past, but then you realize even if nobody is behind them, they can still hit you. Not worth it.
Yeah if he had poor reaction time sure. A risk I'm willing to take. I still find absolutely nothing wrong with what I did and like I said, would gladly do it again if some asshole is willing to speed upwards of 80+ miles an hour just to pull up next to me so I can't merge onto a freeway.

I still find it amusing that I'm the asshole for getting in front of him and making him slow down. It's like people here are only capable of comprehending a fraction of a post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skhmund View Post
By repeating what he did to you, does that prove no difference between what him and you?
Was this supposed to be in English?
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2014, 04:35 PM   #64
jacar
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 AH3

Best of luck, hopefully you will grow up before you do that to the guys who bump you off the road and beat the sh!t out of you-saw that happen once.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2014, 04:46 PM   #65
335BOY
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Yeah if he had poor reaction time sure. A risk I'm willing to take. I still find absolutely nothing wrong with what I did and like I said, would gladly do it again if some asshole is willing to speed upwards of 80+ miles an hour just to pull up next to me so I can't merge onto a freeway.

I still find it amusing that I'm the asshole for getting in front of him and making him slow down. It's like people here are only capable of comprehending a fraction of a post.

Was this supposed to be in English?
Two wrongs make a right? You call him an asshole then you do the same thing. What does that make you?
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2014, 05:38 PM   #66
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Two wrongs make a right? You call him an asshole then you do the same thing. What does that make you?
Bringer of justice against dipshit Jersey guidos? Sorry you guys have your panties in a bunch over it.

Want to be a dick on the road? I'll gladly return the favor and then some.

If someone almost ran you off the freeway I'm sure you all would've just politely dealt with it. Sorry, I'll be sure to be more of a pushover as to please the wonderful people on here.

Last edited by fecurtis; 05-09-2014 at 05:46 PM..
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread