F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > My F36 opinion
GetBMWParts

10-20-2017, 02:48 PM   #1
DGM
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i M Sport

My F36 opinion

I bought the 2018 F36 about 3 months ago. Vehicle configuration was carbon black metallic, executive package, luxury package, M-Sport package and technology package. I also got the 19" rims. Car sits low which is a result of the M-Sport suspension. What I really like: Color is magnificent...black in the dark and blue in the sun. Lot's of power even in comfort mode. The RPM's tend to hang a bit in sport mode particularly if you only have you foot on it for a short period of time say like to pass someone. Car is plenty big in the Gran Coupe configuration with room for happy adults in the back. Eco mode is just plain annoying and pointless in my opinion. The iDrive system is relatively fast (compared to the 2015 Lexus IS 350 I just got rid of) and more intuitive but it takes some getting used to...the map mode is very good with little lag. Blue stitched leather kicks ass and the seats are very comfortable with good leg support. What I don't like: This car has the cheapest and shittiest sun visors I have even seen in a car. Thin, plastic and embarrassingly ugly nestled in that magnificent interior...it's bizarre, almost like a joke. Even though I bought every option available (I thought), there is no blind spot detection! Annoying, oh and no adaptive cruise control...even my Infinity had that and it was primitive compared to this car. Only one tail pipe is black as a result of exhaust metering but I understand why. Finally the most annoying is the trunk/guillotine that attempts to cut my head off every time I open it and lean in. It automatically opens when you waive your foot under it but if you lean in too far it thinks you are waving your foot again and attempts to decapitate you...try that holding a case of beer. Still I give it a 9.75 out of 10.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2017, 03:51 PM   #2
Mbbrewer
Captain
Rep
Drives: 550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGM View Post
I bought the 2018 F36 about 3 months ago. Vehicle configuration was carbon black metallic, executive package, luxury package, M-Sport package and technology package. I also got the 19" rims. Car sits low which is a result of the M-Sport suspension. What I really like: Color is magnificent...black in the dark and blue in the sun. Lot's of power even in comfort mode. The RPM's tend to hang a bit in sport mode particularly if you only have you foot on it for a short period of time say like to pass someone. Car is plenty big in the Gran Coupe configuration with room for happy adults in the back. Eco mode is just plain annoying and pointless in my opinion. The iDrive system is relatively fast (compared to the 2015 Lexus IS 350 I just got rid of) and more intuitive but it takes some getting used to...the map mode is very good with little lag. Blue stitched leather kicks ass and the seats are very comfortable with good leg support. What I don't like: This car has the cheapest and shittiest sun visors I have even seen in a car. Thin, plastic and embarrassingly ugly nestled in that magnificent interior...it's bizarre, almost like a joke. Even though I bought every option available (I thought), there is no blind spot detection! Annoying, oh and no adaptive cruise control...even my Infinity had that and it was primitive compared to this car. Only one tail pipe is black as a result of exhaust metering but I understand why. Finally the most annoying is the trunk/guillotine that attempts to cut my head off every time I open it and lean in. It automatically opens when you waive your foot under it but if you lean in too far it thinks you are waving your foot again and attempts to decapitate you...try that holding a case of beer. Still I give it a 9.75 out of 10.
Awesome
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2017, 04:00 PM   #3
CalCarNut
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F36 Jet Black Sport Line

Garage List
Quote:

Agree on all above points ^. I don't have issues with the hatch though. I have it set to raise 'x' height but I also don't have comfort package to worry about waving my foot under to trigger it. As is, I don't have any issues when my head is under it or while loading anything.
      10-20-2017, 04:25 PM   #4
Strudle
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 MG X1, 2017 MW 430

I have blind spot detection in my 2017 F36. It came with the driver assist package.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2017, 04:33 PM   #5
bmw22915
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 440xi GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strudle View Post
I have blind spot detection in my 2017 F36. It came with the driver assist package.
Same
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2017, 05:18 PM   #6
sfview
Rep
Drives: Alfa Giulia Quad

A sun visor seems trivial until you are required to commute with the sun blasting you on the way to work, then again on the way home. After a couple of months, this gets pretty old. A decent, sliding visor seems like a minimum requirement.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2017, 05:30 PM   #7
sr5959
Captain
Rep
Drives: 428GC M-Sport

I've had mine 3 years and never once had the problem with Comfort access on the hatchback. Get the sensor checked out it sounds like it's way too sensitive. Must admit I've never had an issue with the sun visors either...
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2017, 06:41 PM   #8
kalien34
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5 40e CB M Sport

You might have gotten all "packages" available, but definitely not all "options", becoz it does have blind spot detection and active cruise control, just not included in any packages instead are separate options.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2017, 08:32 PM   #9
PNW2003
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i xdrive convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalien34 View Post
You might have gotten all "packages" available, but definitely not all "options", becoz it does have blind spot detection and active cruise control, just not included in any packages instead are separate options.
^^^ This

I have the active cruise and blindspot detection too on my 2018 F3x

I can give you a list of some cheaper sun visors....Toyota Corolla, VW scirocco (my first car) for starters
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2017, 08:54 AM   #10
JayPichardo
BMW Client Advisor
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [0.00]
Quote:
What I don't like: This car has the cheapest and shittiest sun visors I have even seen in a car. Thin, plastic and embarrassingly ugly nestled in that magnificent interior...it's bizarre, almost like a joke. Even though I bought every option available (I thought), there is no blind spot detection! Annoying, oh and no adaptive cruise control...even my Infinity had that and it was primitive compared to this car. Only one tail pipe is black as a result of exhaust metering but I understand why. Finally the most annoying is the trunk/guillotine that attempts to cut my head off every time I open it and lean in. It automatically opens when you waive your foot under it but if you lean in too far it thinks you are waving your foot again and attempts to decapitate you...try that holding a case of beer. Still I give it a 9.75 out of 10.
-I agree on the visors, not the best design
-Blind spot and adaptive cruise are available for $500 and $1,200 respectably.
Name:  Build Your Own   Options.png
Views: 464
Size:  10.0 KB

- The trunk doesn't require a "wave" of the foot (it is not a ford), just a simple kick motion front to back. Try not to push your foot too far forward when loading things in the back.

Top M Client Advisor in New England.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2017, 01:14 PM   #11
DGM
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalien34 View Post
Oh, my bad. You are right. I did get the drivers assistance option (Lane departure, etc...) but not those 2 separate options.
Appreciate 0