F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Type of All Seasons Come from Factory on the 320i? Question for 3 Series Owers w/ AS
GetBMWParts

01-07-2014, 12:11 PM   #23
casualDIYer
Major
Rep
Drives: 340i xDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafkaesque320 View Post
You always have the option to buy it at lease end, etc and depending on the residual vs. the true market value, it may or may not be a good deal to do so.
So, if the residual price of the car was cheaper than an identical used car, you can buy it at that price regardless of market? Can you offer a lower amount for the lease car than the residual if you want to buy it out?

Should have leased a 1M a few years back.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2014, 08:54 PM   #24
Kafkaesque328
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 328i M Sport

Yeah, sometimes they predict incorrectly and come lease end, depending on how well you cared for the car, the options, color, all those factors combined with current true market value, mileage etc. can result in your car being worth more than what the estimated residual value was. In that case, if you really like the car and want to buy it, you can buy it at a 'bargain'. This is a hard call though because you may find a comparable vehicle for less somewhere but with this particular one, you'd know how it was cared for and if you had factory ordered it to spec, it's unlikely you'd find the same car floating around on a dealer lot or private party somewhere since it was tailored to you. Still, they're good at setting those residual values and most of the time the car is worth the same or less, in which case it might be better to lease again. I know a lot of people who fall in love with leases, got a good deal initially and end up buying it.

This is another reason why it's always best to negotiate the selling price down as much as you can even if you are leasing vs. being just a monthly payment shopper, because if you do end up wanting to buy it it can work in your favor.

On your last question I don't know. Don't know if you can offer less than residual - I think its fixed.
Appreciate 0