F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Anyone else do the "BMW on Demand USA"?
Studio RSR

11-15-2012, 06:16 AM   #1
Falafel Combo
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 xDrive50i

Anyone else do the "BMW on Demand USA"?

BMW ON DEMAND USA FROM BMW FINANCIAL SERVICES.

BMW on Demand turns any day, or any journey, into the ultimate experience-one that is deeply personal and unique to you. It is the feel and performance of the Ultimate Driving Machine® on your terms. So whether you need it for a day or a weekend, you can be sure that when you reserve a BMW, that drive will be just what you want it to be.

https://www.bmwondemandusa.com/select.do?action=welcome
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2012, 06:30 AM   #2
Falafel Combo
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 xDrive50i

I picked my "on-demand" car up yesterday. 328i sport line, red on black. 12 miles on the odometer! The SA told me that I was literally the first person to drive this car. Since BMW FS has dedicated a specific fleet of f30's for this promotion, it makes me think that this program has not been that popular. I wonder.

Aaaaaaaanywho.

I'm coming from an e90 330i 6 speed, sport. I'm hoping to upgrade to a f30 335xi. I wanted to get a better feel for the new f30, both inside AND out, iDrive, check out the electronic steering, see if I would like the new 8 speed auto, and a bunch of other stuff. So, they gave me an f30 328i 8 speed auto, sport.

My initial thoughts ... why do I need a 335i again? This 328i is an incredible car all around. I am truly impressed. Much upgraded interior, feels great on the road, very responsive and a good deal faster than my 330i. I'm truly confused.

So far my main reservations on the 328i, which would make me stick to the 335i are:
  • Brakes are noticeably weaker than my 7 year old 330i. 335i will have bigger, improved brakes.
  • The 4 cylinder engine does not sound nice at all. (performance exhaust will fix that)
  • The n20 is also not a well balanced engine. The whole care rocks back and forth a little bit when you rev it up, while parked.
  • The n20 is awesome, but still feels like it's overworked. When pressed hard, it feels like it's about to pop a vein or something.
  • The 335i is still a "cooler" car. Yes, I'm very immature like that.
  • The 335i has dual exhaust pipes. Yup.

Anyone have anything more substantial to make the 335i worth it?

Last edited by Falafel Combo; 11-15-2012 at 06:35 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2012, 06:55 AM   #3
Vitoco
Infidel
Rep
Drives: iX3 LCI M Pro Carbon B

Quote:
Originally Posted by shicobico View Post
I picked my "on-demand" car up yesterday. 328i sport line, red on black. 12 miles on the odometer! The SA told me that I was literally the first person to drive this car. Since BMW FS has dedicated a specific fleet of f30's for this promotion, it makes me think that this program has not been that popular. I wonder.

Aaaaaaaanywho.

I'm coming from an e90 330i 6 speed, sport. I'm hoping to upgrade to a f30 335xi. I wanted to get a better feel for the new f30, both inside AND out, iDrive, check out the electronic steering, see if I would like the new 8 speed auto, and a bunch of other stuff. So, they gave me an f30 328i 8 speed auto, sport.

My initial thoughts ... why do I need a 335i again? This 328i is an incredible car all around. I am truly impressed. Much upgraded interior, feels great on the road, very responsive and a good deal faster than my 330i. I'm truly confused.

So far my main reservations on the 328i, which would make me stick to the 335i are:
  • Brakes are noticeably weaker than my 7 year old 330i. 335i will have bigger, improved brakes.
  • The 4 cylinder engine does not sound nice at all. (performance exhaust will fix that)
  • The n20 is also not a well balanced engine. The whole care rocks back and forth a little bit when you rev it up, while parked.
  • The n20 is awesome, but still feels like it's overworked. When pressed hard, it feels like it's about to pop a vein or something.
  • The 335i is still a "cooler" car. Yes, I'm very immature like that.
  • The 335i has dual exhaust pipes. Yup.

Anyone have anything more substantial to make the 335i worth it?
Regarding the brakes, you can always choose the M Sport brakes when ordering (if you order M Sport). Much cheaper than M Performance Brakes and the only difference is slotted discs on the Perf.

Regarding the other points, if u don´t feel cool in the 328i then that would be really uncool. Get what makes you feel mushy and warm inside

Former: Glacier Ag. F31 328iA RWD M Sport oct. 2012, sold July 2022
| Sport Automatic | Adap. M Susp. | Pano. Moonroof | 20" ATS Racelight Grey w. Michelin PSS| M Sport brakes | Harman Kardon | Elec. Seats | PDC F&R | ACC Stop&Go | 335i MPE | Perf. Parts |
Appreciate 0