F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > 2013 F30 320D ED + BimmerCode
GetBMWParts

08-22-2017, 06:57 AM   #1
BimmerStrutt
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 F21 125d M Sport

2013 F30 320D ED + BimmerCode

I know there is a large thread in the main forum but i want to see how people over here in the UK got on with the app and Vgate iCar 2 adapter

Also i have a F30 2013 320D ED has anyone made changes/coded to one of these as i want to see what the main changes can be made before i buy the adapter required as id hate to have little changes to make after buying

Appreciated in advance guys
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2017, 09:51 AM   #2
t5pilot
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 CP & S1000 XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strutt320D View Post
I know there is a large thread in the main forum but i want to see how people over here in the UK got on with the app and Vgate iCar 2 adapter

Also i have a F30 2013 320D ED has anyone made changes/coded to one of these as i want to see what the main changes can be made before i buy the adapter required as id hate to have little changes to make after buying

Appreciated in advance guys
I've just gone down this route. It makes coding a doddle. You can do just about anything in all F & G series models.
Once connected, the app reads all relevant modules & lists what can be changed. Select what you want, click on "code" button & move on to the next. It really is that easy.
      09-01-2017, 01:33 PM   #3
BimmerStrutt
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by t5pilot View Post
I've just gone down this route. It makes coding a doddle. You can do just about anything in all F & G series models.
Once connected, the app reads all relevant modules & lists what can be changed. Select what you want, click on "code" button & move on to the next. It really is that easy.
OK soooo i now have my Vgate iCar 2 WiFi adaptor, i downloaded the app and sat in my car ignition running plugged in and connected

ECU read and not the biggest list of options but a few i wanted so not all bad

I tunr from NOT ACTIVE to ACTIVE and press CODE i then get met with in-app purchases spinning indicator and nothing?

is the £24.99 a must purchase before you can change anything? From what i read it seemed like it wasn't unless you wanted to code loads of cars?

Also when i do get this working and done i must be able to remove the adaptor once ive pressed disconnect?

Little stumped
      09-05-2017, 04:27 PM   #4
t5pilot
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strutt320D View Post
Quote:
OK soooo i now have my Vgate iCar 2 WiFi adaptor, i downloaded the app and sat in my car ignition running plugged in and connected

ECU read and not the biggest list of options but a few i wanted so not all bad

I tunr from NOT ACTIVE to ACTIVE and press CODE i then get met with in-app purchases spinning indicator and nothing?

is the £24.99 a must purchase before you can change anything? From what i read it seemed like it wasn't unless you wanted to code loads of cars?

Also when i do get this working and done i must be able to remove the adaptor once ive pressed disconnect?

Little stumped
Yes, you have to pay for app in order to code. And I believe until bought, the reading of modules etc. may just be in demo mode. And yes, when you're done just pull the adapter out.
      09-05-2017, 05:30 PM   #5
Flyboy777
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2015 F31 320D LCI

How does this compare to the Carly app & adaptor?
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2017, 03:38 AM   #6
BimmerStrutt
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Yes, you have to pay for app in order to code. And I believe until bought, the reading of modules etc. may just be in demo mode. And yes, when you're done just pull the adapter out.
Cool kinda thought as much after trying a few times, will get the app purchased and get some coding done

Thanks for the confirmation, must admit the Vgate Icar 2 adapter is a cool bit of kit, for some reason i thought it would be bigger than it is but ist very small and compact
      09-06-2017, 03:40 AM   #7
t5pilot
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Yep, enjoy