F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Screen upgrade help
ARMA SPEED

05-14-2017, 08:35 AM   #1
awmenard
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 320i

Screen upgrade help

Hello to all,

1st thread here. I've been reading this forum for for a couple of months now gathering as much info as possible.

I put a deposit on a used 328i that I should be getting shortly. I couldn't stand the idea of using that 6 inch screen so I purchased the f15 10inch screen.

After more research I realized this screen will not work, the car is not equipped with Navigation.

I need some advice on what to do now.

Here are my 3 options:

1- Sell the f15 screen and purchase a Avin style 10inch screen that will have all the integrated features.

2- Look into getting a retrofit, cost varies but I'd really like to get Apple Car play, however that would involve getting an expensive unit plus coding.

3- change my purchase in order to get a car that comes equipped with Navigation, I will get some money back when selling the 8 inch.

If it matters I live in Canada, not sure what system (CIC, NBT) our cars use.

Thanks in advance for your input.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2017, 02:10 PM   #2
lesnica
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M4

I would say get the Avin unit, sure theres some bugs that need to be worked out but so far it seems like the best screen on the market. And for 700$ it seems like a good price for what you pay for.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2017, 05:48 PM   #3
awmenard
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 320i

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesnica View Post
I would say get the Avin unit, sure theres some bugs that need to be worked out but so far it seems like the best screen on the market. And for 700$ it seems like a good price for what you pay for.
Thanks for the reply, I noticed they go way cheaper if you order directly from China, and I found someone in Canada selling it for 650$ think I'm gonna go with that.
Appreciate 0