F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > $1000 BMW Drive for Team USA Allowance
Studio RSR

08-20-2012, 03:11 PM   #111
bobert
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: manual shift cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerbs View Post
Yeah.. That would be nice, except most of reports on here say it is taken off AFTER tax is charged...

Hmm.... I don't know who to check this with - BMW? The state? An accountant?

But how many of these reports are from actual experience - folks who have taken delivery of their car already? No doubt some of them are, but I'd say the CA figured the tax incorrectly in those cases. I wasn't sure how it was going to work out for us until we got our car, but my expectation was that we would not be paying taxes on that $1k, and fortunately that was the case, no arguing necessary. No doubt if a CA figures the $1k as taxable, the state will gladly accept those calculations w/out question - in the end, it'd only have been $60 wasted.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2012, 03:24 PM   #112
gerbs
woof
United_States
Rep
Drives: M6

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobert View Post
But how many of these reports are from actual experience - folks who have taken delivery of their car already? No doubt some of them are, but I'd say the CA figured the tax incorrectly in those cases. I wasn't sure how it was going to work out for us until we got our car, but my expectation was that we would not be paying taxes on that $1k, and fortunately that was the case, no arguing necessary. No doubt if a CA figures the $1k as taxable, the state will gladly accept those calculations w/out question - in the end, it'd only have been $60 wasted.
In California, the $2750 in post-tax "rebates" is costing about $300 in tax alone at the time of purchase, as well as an increased title + registration fee at the time of purchase, PLUS an increased registration fee rate every year (we pay yearly registration based on the purchase price of the vehicle).

If it wasn't a triple-hit I would care much, much less. It is what it is though, I'll find out this weekend..

2013 F13 ///M6 Sakhir Orange
2013 F30 335i Estoril Blue II
2008 E92 ///M3 Interlagos Blue
2007 E92 335i Montego Blue
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2012, 03:33 PM   #113
bobert
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
In California, the $2750 in post-tax "rebates" is costing about $300 in tax alone at the time of purchase, as well as an increased title + registration fee at the time of purchase, PLUS an increased registration fee rate every year (we pay yearly registration based on the purchase price of the vehicle).

If it wasn't a triple-hit I would care much, much less. It is what it is though, I'll find out this weekend..
Best of luck - if necessary, I'd equate the "allowance" to a "discount", as it should be, & emphasize that it is NOT a rebate.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2012, 03:48 PM   #114
Hayir
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 328i modern line

Quote:

Good luck Gerbs. Hope you can make them deduct it before taxes. I used to live in Los Angeles too, with the California tax rates it is something to fight for. You pay high taxes but in return get nice weather
      08-20-2012, 03:52 PM   #115
Hayir
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 328i modern line

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobert View Post
Picked up our car on 8/9 and the $1000 allowance came off BEFORE taxes - you don't pay the state tax on money you didn't spend. Hope that helps!
Thanks. I will check again before paying it. As you stated it is $60 difference in total but I don`t want to pay it if I am not supposed to.
      08-20-2012, 04:19 PM   #116
SkaTeeB
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoa518 View Post
I called usaa about combining the BMW drive event and their discount. They say the only way they can't be combined is if you finance through BMWfs. Any other bank including usaa will let you combine the too rebates
I spoke with USAA as well and they said the same thing...but my BMW dealership is saying they can't do both because the program sheet for OL12068 says that Drive for Team USA discount can't be used with "Golf Cup Offer, USAA Military Program or any Event related or closing/conquest cash offers".

Since I had originally only gotten pricing involving the Drive for Team USA discount and the USAA discount is *more*...I don't have much of a leg to stand on since it wasn't ever written into my sales sheet. Your mileage may vary.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2012, 06:38 AM   #117
Bob Z.
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i Vert

Hello all. Is it too later to get in on this and/or get the voucher? I searched around but could not find any recent information.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2012, 11:33 AM   #118
bobert
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Z. View Post
Hello all. Is it too later to get in on this and/or get the voucher? I searched around but could not find any recent information.
The tour is likely over - not 100% sure, but I no longer see it on BMW USA website. Those that have a voucher have until end of Oct to take delivery.
Appreciate 0