F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Service Bulletin 4 Series Coupe
ARMA SPEED

01-01-2015, 03:26 PM   #1
Mauricio Palacios. MD
Stark und Frei
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW F32 435i M Sport

Service Bulletin 4 Series Coupe

Hello friends! Does this service bulletin apply to F32 435i Coupes?

SI B61 24 14 September 2014 General Electrical Systems Technical Service
PERFORM THE PROCEDURE OUTLINED IN THIS SERVICE INFORMATION ON ALL AFFECTED VEHICLES BEFORE CUSTOMER DELIVERY OR THE NEXT TIME THEY ARE IN THE SHOP FOR MAINTENANCE OR REPAIRS.
SUBJECT
Service Action: Install Missing CAN Terminating Resistor
MODEL
F82 (M4 Coupe)
SITUATION
The general electrical system functions fail to operate properly. Various erroneous fault codes are stored throughout the vehicle.
CAUSE
The CAN (Controller Area Network) terminating resistor is missing from the vehicle wiring harness near the EKPS (Electric Fuel Pump Control) module.
CORRECTION
Install the missing CAN terminating resistor.
AFFECTED VEHICLES
This Service Action involves 4 Series Coupes produced from March 2014 to July 2014.

First check if a Service Action label with a code number 703 is already attached to the B-pillar.
If a code number 703 has been punched out, the Campaign has already been performed and no further action is necessary.
Vehicles which require this Service Action to be completed will show it as “Open” when checked either in the "Service Menu" of DCSnet (Dealer Communication System) or with the Key Reader.

Thank you and Happy New Year!

Here is the link:

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/att...3&d=1413256991
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2015, 03:36 PM   #2
Pauleebe
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Inbetween BMW's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauricio Palacios. MD View Post
Hello friends! Does this service bulletin apply to F32 435i Coupes?

SI B61 24 14 September 2014 General Electrical Systems Technical Service
PERFORM THE PROCEDURE OUTLINED IN THIS SERVICE INFORMATION ON ALL AFFECTED VEHICLES BEFORE CUSTOMER DELIVERY OR THE NEXT TIME THEY ARE IN THE SHOP FOR MAINTENANCE OR REPAIRS.
SUBJECT
Service Action: Install Missing CAN Terminating Resistor
MODEL
F82 (M4 Coupe)
SITUATION
The general electrical system functions fail to operate properly. Various erroneous fault codes are stored throughout the vehicle.
CAUSE
The CAN (Controller Area Network) terminating resistor is missing from the vehicle wiring harness near the EKPS (Electric Fuel Pump Control) module.
CORRECTION
Install the missing CAN terminating resistor.
AFFECTED VEHICLES
This Service Action involves 4 Series Coupes produced from March 2014 to July 2014.

First check if a Service Action label with a code number 703 is already attached to the B-pillar.
If a code number 703 has been punched out, the Campaign has already been performed and no further action is necessary.
Vehicles which require this Service Action to be completed will show it as “Open” when checked either in the "Service Menu" of DCSnet (Dealer Communication System) or with the Key Reader.

Thank you and Happy New Year!

Here is the link:

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/att...3&d=1413256991
I'm probably not qualified to say yes or no, but based on the fact that only the M4 COUPE is the F82, where as the 4 series is the F32, I would say no.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2015, 03:45 PM   #3
Mauricio Palacios. MD
Stark und Frei
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW F32 435i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwalls90 View Post
I'm probably not qualified to say yes or no, but based on the fact that only the M4 COUPE is the F82, where as the 4 series is the F32, I would say no.
Hello! I'd like to believe that too but, since in the bulletin appears "Vehicles affected: 4 series Coupes", I am a little worried about it. Thank you for your answer. Good day and happy new year!
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2015, 03:59 PM   #4
snowghost
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 335i M-Sport 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauricio Palacios. MD View Post
Hello! I'd like to believe that too but, since in the bulletin appears "Vehicles affected: 4 series Coupes", I am a little worried about it. Thank you for your answer. Good day and happy new year!
Put your VIN in at the BMW Recall page.