F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > BMW 4 Series Gran Coupe revealed in patent drawings!
GetBMWParts

01-26-2014, 02:06 PM   #221
jasemsport
Private
Belgium
Rep
Drives: E46 touring M-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by insanediego
I don't get these 4 door coupes. If you want a coupe, buy one. If you want to seat 4, buy the sedan. If you want to smack your head getting in or out of the back seat and spend time with your head crammed up against the sloping roof, then get a pretend coupe with four doors.
Well i need 4 doors and like a sleekier car like an audi a5 sportback with frameless windows and i don't need a lot of space since the ppl in my family aren't that big.
Also i'm not buying a car for the odd person that has to drive along in the back seat for maybe a few times a year...
And it happens to be that bmw calls these sedans 'gran coupe'... It's a bad choice of name imho and just an evolution in the market and ppl sometimes want something special in stead of the normal choices.
And some ppl indeed won't understand this and should just buy a normal 'sedan' or 'coupe', and that's just what they'll do eventually.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2014, 02:25 PM   #222
Falafel Combo
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 xDrive50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by insanediego View Post
I don't get these 4 door coupes. If you want a coupe, buy one. If you want to seat 4, buy the sedan. If you want to smack your head getting in or out of the back seat and spend time with your head crammed up against the sloping roof, then get a pretend coupe with four doors.

This will happen regardless of whether its a coupe or gran coupe. The gran coupe just gives you 2 rear doors so as to make it easier to gain access to the rear bench, before you "smack your head getting in or out of the back seat and spend time with your head crammed up against the sloping roof".

Some people will get this design, others won't see the point of it. And that's the whole point. It appeals mostly to a niche market. Not for the masses. You won't see this as a euro cabbie or airport rental car. BOOM!
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2014, 11:30 PM   #223
stevehecht
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 328d

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M235i View Post
BMWs only focus now is volume, sales, numbers. In order to that, you must be everything to everyone while retaining a sense of exclusivity = more model designations. Make everyone feel like their car is unique. I have to say, on that front (sales/marketing) they are having great success. People like you and me know better than to believe this success will last.
I realize this doesn't apply to 98% of purchasers, but I'd rather make my car really unique by spending the ~$5K difference between the f30 sedan and the 4GC on personally selected engine/suspension/exterior mods, especially if the two vehicles are largely the same otherwise. I will admit that the 4GC has a better line in profile and is lower and wider in the frontal view. I can take care of the lowering with aftermarket springs. Thanks, BMW, but I'd rather do it myself!--and keep the diesel engine I want as well. I just wish I could get the Midnight Blue Metallic with the f30. I saw the 435 in the showroom in MBM and it is a winner.