F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > New 330D M Sport Touring Spec
proTUNING Freaks

02-14-2013, 09:42 AM   #1
derekh929
Major
Scotland
Rep
Drives: AMG C63s Coupe & F56 JCW

New 330D M Sport Touring Spec

Ok nearly there thanks to all on here, well this id what i,m planning

EBII
19" 403's
Adaptive M Sport Dampers
Visability Pack
M Sport Braking ?
5 Year service Pack
Black leather hex trim with blue incert

Not into nav out in Aberdeenshire and also used to cold so no heated seats and pondered the VSS stering but had 320i with standard m sport steering and it was ok, Hifi found the standard adequate to do my needs as getting deaf

One think on back of my mind ditching M sport brakes and going X Drive, what are other's thought's i keep my cars 4 to 5 years, worried about not having the sport suspension on x drive and higher stance and had one out yesterday and it was good but just confused me how much grip it had was inbetween driving A4 Quattro and RWD e90 just was not sue if fun or maybee could not judge as to little power to exploit the the xrive, it was slushy and floored it on e few round abouts and it just did very little good for most but not sure it is me
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2013, 10:07 AM   #2
sunscreemer
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320i xDrive M Sport Saloon

I'd deffo go for xDrive as i've loved the extra confidence of a quattro over the last three years and it's the introduction of xDrive that brought the 3 series into my thinking. Especially with being up in Scotland i'd think it's a bonus and with a 330d you'll not be penalised much in terms of economy for having the awd. Not sure m sport brakes are worth it, which unless you're taking it to the track is what most reviews i read stated. The dealer also told me though that the motoring press who insist on m sport dampers are unnecessary, especially if you've the m sport suspension anyway. I guess others will disagree, especially if they like the option of a softer ride with 19" rims.

I chose EBII too, changed my mind from black to be a bit different, thought EB looked great and like fact it's M Sport exclusive and the matching with EB insert in dash was good. I went for 18" though as I prefer the 5 multi-spoke and i've seen a few threads about problems with the finish and corrosion on the 19"s.

Quick question - how much for the 5 year service pack? I thought was £350 (when I agreed to buy the car) but it seems it may now be £440 (which am expecting they'll tell me when i come to pick it up)?

Whatever you go for sounds like a great spec and sure you'll be very happy.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2013, 10:47 AM   #3
davyk31
Major General
Rep
Drives: Macan GTS :-) & F40 M135i

Xdrive would be a no brainer default choice for me, especially if you live anywhere that can get a bit of snow.

I would also predict that residuals could be considerably better and probably even more than the initial additional cost.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2013, 01:27 PM   #4
derekh929
Major
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunscreemer View Post
I'd deffo go for xDrive as i've loved the extra confidence of a quattro over the last three years and it's the introduction of xDrive that brought the 3 series into my thinking. Especially with being up in Scotland i'd think it's a bonus and with a 330d you'll not be penalised much in terms of economy for having the awd. Not sure m sport brakes are worth it, which unless you're taking it to the track is what most reviews i read stated. The dealer also told me though that the motoring press who insist on m sport dampers are unnecessary, especially if you've the m sport suspension anyway. I guess others will disagree, especially if they like the option of a softer ride with 19" rims.

I chose EBII too, changed my mind from black to be a bit different, thought EB looked great and like fact it's M Sport exclusive and the matching with EB insert in dash was good. I went for 18" though as I prefer the 5 multi-spoke and i've seen a few threads about problems with the finish and corrosion on the 19"s.

Quick question - how much for the 5 year service pack? I thought was £350 (when I agreed to buy the car) but it seems it may now be £440 (which am expecting they'll tell me when i come to pick it up)?

Whatever you go for sounds like a great spec and sure you'll be very happy.
Just told yesterday service pack £425 know but got a deal with this thrown in trying to get the deal down by another 2% but will have to watch I don't blow it as can get slot for end April or told may be brought forward if I go with it
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2013, 03:43 PM   #5
zorroone
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Dravit Grey G21 M340d

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekh929 View Post
Just told yesterday service pack £425 know but got a deal with this thrown in trying to get the deal down by another 2% but will have to watch I don't blow it as can get slot for end April or told may be brought forward if I go with it
Can you devulge what the deal is?
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2013, 03:51 PM   #6
derekh929
Major
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorroone View Post
Can you devulge what the deal is?
Will do after secure the deal but broad speed got £3800 of 330d m sport x drive so you should be looking above that to start
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2013, 05:16 PM   #7
derekh929
Major
Scotland
Rep

So is it worth trying to get a great price on set of winters when get the car do they do any deals
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2013, 03:23 AM   #8
sunscreemer
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by davyk31 View Post
Xdrive would be a no brainer default choice for me, especially if you live anywhere that can get a bit of snow.

I would also predict that residuals could be considerably better and probably even more than the initial additional cost.
Demand was very good for my A3 TDI quattro, which I was told was because there aren't too many good AWD versions around. Told not many people "ticked the £1,500 quattro box" and demand outstripping supply. I paid £28,000 for it almost 3 years ago (it had a list price of £30,000) and i've got £15,000 part-ex. despite expecting to get £14,000 if I was lucky.

Could well be the same with the 3 series xDrive. In 3 or 4 years time when I come to get rid you'd imagine that as it doesn't have the RWD that puts so many people off it could really enhance it's value.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2013, 05:09 AM   #9
zorroone
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Dravit Grey G21 M340d

Quote:
Demand was very good for my A3 TDI quattro, which I was told was because there aren't too many good AWD versions around. Told not many people "ticked the £1,500 quattro box" and demand outstripping supply. I paid £28,000 for it almost 3 years ago (it had a list price of £30,000) and i've got £15,000 part-ex. despite expecting to get £14,000 if I was lucky.

Could well be the same with the 3 series xDrive. In 3 or 4 years time when I come to get rid you'd imagine that as it doesn't have the RWD that puts so many people off it could really enhance it's value.
Would be nice to think that but I am a realist and I don't think it will keep its value more than other models. I intend not to worry too much about the Depreciation, accept it and just enjoy the car. Xdrive of course!
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2013, 05:16 AM   #10
sunscreemer
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

I'm not obsessed with depreciation either, although i'm happier to buy a VW, Audi, BMW etc as I know that unlike Ford, Vauxhall etc they'll be worth far more than about 30% after three years. Also, the MGFV in the PCP deal gives you an element of security. I also think that whereas a 320d is far more popular than 320i due to fleet purchases and low BIK when it comes to private second hand sale I don't think you'd have trouble shifting a petrol at all. Looking forward to a petrol again actually, although i'd have no hesitation switching back to a diesel next time. A 330d xDrive sounds very appealing if I can save my pennies over the next few years!
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2013, 08:35 AM   #11
derekh929
Major
Scotland
Rep

Just added VSS i could not miss out in more fun
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2013, 04:12 PM   #12
Irnbrukid
Major
Scotland
Rep
Drives: Imaginary M2

Id definitely go for xDrive over the uprated brakes if you stay in Aberdeen. I wouldnt buy a car with leather without heated seats. I also think Pro Media is a must on a 330d it will be a pig to sell without it, unless its cheap. It also makes the whole in-car integration far better. Saying that the Nav system (maps) isn't working correctly on the cars anyway... it will be dated in 4-5 yrs as well.

In the end you should just spec a car with what you want.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2013, 04:22 PM   #13
derekh929
Major
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irnbrukid View Post
Id definitely go for xDrive over the uprated brakes if you stay in Aberdeen. I wouldnt buy a car with leather without heated seats. I also think Pro Media is a must on a 330d it will be a pig to sell without it, unless its cheap. It also makes the whole in-car integration far better. Saying that the Nav system (maps) isn't working correctly on the cars anyway... it will be dated in 4-5 yrs as well.

In the end you should just spec a car with what you want.
Thng is i have gone sking in the scottish mountians for years and always got there and back sometimes alot slower than would have liked but managed, just cant see the benefit of extra fuel and non m sport suspension that made me think again, as for Pro Nav never had this on any of my cars and always managed to put my car out to trade price and big discount like this time
I know a few that has pro media nav near me and sat navs mile out of date and google maps better and that was £44k Range Rover Evoque also Audi, i keep my car for 4 years plus and for me driving handling and drive train key thats why i buy BMW's
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2013, 04:32 PM   #14
stefan4
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 340i on order

If your looking for practicality in the mountains then I'd go with xdrive . I drove a 320i drive and I found that with traction control off, no matter how hard I tried, there was no slip what so ever and that kind of dulled the bmw experience for me. But as has already been said, no body can choose your options for you and I wouldnt choose any options based on a future resale ability.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2013, 04:32 PM   #15
f1swk
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: f31 330d

my missus got ours stuck in the snow today but don't think an x drive would have helped,2ft drift verus 3 series don't know why she didn't just go back rather than charge on,daft land rover defender is what she needs driving like lara croft
      03-22-2013, 04:51 PM   #16
NISFAN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:

Interesting, BMW themselves believe the xDrive depreciates more

.......although not a great deal in it.

As stefan4 has said, never buy options for resale, they almost never pay back, and no way in hell is a £2000 Nav option going to retain that value come sale time, lucky if it netts you £700 back.

Last edited by NISFAN; 03-22-2013 at 04:56 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2013, 05:07 PM   #17
derekh929
Major
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1swk View Post
my missus got ours stuck in the snow today but don't think an x drive would have helped,2ft drift verus 3 series don't know why she didn't just go back rather than charge on,daft land rover defender is what she needs driving like lara croft
Lara Croft LOL i only take the Cooper S out on days like that crazy in deed
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2013, 05:09 PM   #18
derekh929
Major
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NISFAN View Post

As stefan4 has said, never buy options for resale, they almost never pay back, and no way in hell is a £2000 Nav option going to retain that value come sale time, lucky if it netts you £700 back.
Yes 100% agree with that i always go with what i need and some driving toys like the little extra VSS i specced this week hope it's good
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2013, 05:35 PM   #19
Irnbrukid
Major
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Thng is i have gone sking in the scottish mountians for years and always got there and back sometimes alot slower than would have liked but managed, just cant see the benefit of extra fuel and non m sport suspension that made me think again, as for Pro Nav never had this on any of my cars and always managed to put my car out to trade price and big discount like this time
I know a few that has pro media nav near me and sat navs mile out of date and google maps better and that was £44k Range Rover Evoque also Audi, i keep my car for 4 years plus and for me driving handling and drive train key thats why i buy BMW's
It was just with you saying you were thinking about it and where you stay, that you thought it was beneficial. I dont think id have it just for the few weeks a year its needed. Though it does let you get the power down in bad conditions better than rwd.
Yes you got the trade figure for a car with no Nav! try selling it private against other cars with it has to priced right then.. i.e. less.
I did say that the maps in the Nav are full of problems just now.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2013, 05:36 PM   #20
Irnbrukid
Major
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NISFAN View Post

Think that depends on how long you keep the car. There's only 2 or 3 extras that will get you any money, plus make it much easier to sell a car.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2013, 06:14 PM   #21
derekh929
Major
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irnbrukid View Post
Think that depends on how long you keep the car. There's only 2 or 3 extras that will get you any money, plus make it much easier to sell a car.
I think it depends on where you stay in Scotland's lots in NE Scotland no media or Nav. I have a mate with glasses guide and after 4 years not many worth a fraction of what paid, my free app nav never let me down all over the south coast of England , dealers are good at saying a car won't sell without this and that. I never sold private and my last new e90 I got trade price but £6750 of new this one we bit shy but not to far
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2013, 06:39 PM   #22
Irnbrukid
Major
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
I think it depends on where you stay in Scotland's lots in NE Scotland no media or Nav. I have a mate with glasses guide and after 4 years not many worth a fraction of what paid, my free app nav never let me down all over the south coast of England , dealers are good at saying a car won't sell without this and that. I never sold private and my last new e90 I got trade price but £6750 of new this one we bit shy but not to far
I dont think id buy the xdrive personally though it wasnt an option when i had mines. I just presumed with you saying it about it you were thinking hard about it.
At that age id think Nav would add at least £500 none of the other options would add anything, though they would make the car far more desirable. And the Media does make a big Difference on cars like this especially newer ones getting 'traded' at early on. Certain options will be in the glasses book.. or to put it correctly the price will decrease if they arent on the car.
Yes you got the trade price for the car, one with Media etc would get a better value trade-in. Thats not a bad discount... but not that good either
Appreciate 0