F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > BMW Mobility System
Studio RSR

12-22-2013, 09:47 AM   #1
Jools-Devon
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 320d Touring

BMW Mobility System

Anyone else had to use the "Mobility System"?

My ED does not have Run Flats - so you have a compressor and a bottle of tyre sealant in the boot.

Last weekend I was unlucky enough to get a large piece of metal stuck in the tyre - what I can only describe as a wire coat hanger.

About 2 inches were inside the tyre - and about 5 inches outside - I first stopped because it was banging against the wheel arch. I could also hear the puncture.

Obviously I couldn't continue to drive with the metal still hanging out of the tyre so I had to pull it out.

I used the sealant and compressor - The tyre did inflate - and then it tells you to drive for 10 mins then stop and check.

Well I did that - the problem was that when I stopped I found that all the sealant was coming out of the hole and not doing what its supposed to do.

It was then a question of a call to the AA, the first patrol came out said that he would tow me to a kwik fit - he then realised it was an automatic - so had to call fro a flat bed truck

So - 5 hours after I got the puncture, I finally had a new tyre and was on the road again.

Th dealer had to order in a replacement can of sealant - so I can only assume that they are not in frequent use.

Anyway - went to pick it up yesterday and had an interesting look at the i3

Anyone else had to use the "Mobility System" - and did it work?

Jools
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2013, 10:06 AM   #2
NISFAN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Interested in this as I might want to go NFT for future tyre replacements.
Appreciate 0