F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > LED Fogs + 50w Brake LEDs
Studio RSR

05-11-2015, 04:40 PM   #1
963mw
BMW Fanatic
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2

LED Fogs + 50w Brake LEDs

Hey guys,

Long story short, I really need my "pot-hole vision" lights to be strong (Already changed 2 sets of tires; pot-holes are the real deal here). Everything I say is of my own opinion. I occasionally update the thread with pictures, and always update it whenever I change something out. I've also included all the coding necessary to switch the lights to LED in this thread. Feel free to ask me any questions, I am glad to help.

Turn signals:

Rear LED's overview:

------------------------------ Brake Lights------------------------------

Since I am going to slightly tint my tail lights, I decided that I will not compromise the lighting output with the tint, even though I am planning on getting the lightest tint option. That left with me the only option of upgrading the brake light bulbs. I first went with HorizonLED's 25W brake lights as the 50W ones were not available yet. The 25W brake lights provided a small increase in light strength, and also gave off a more reddish hue than the stock ones. However, it wasn't enough. Once HorizonLED announced that 50W brake lights are out, I instantly ordered them. They have a much more noticeable light output than both the 25W LED brake lights, and the stock incandescent brake lights. Furthermore, they have more red hue than both bulbs, which is what I need since I darkened my taillights.

50w vs. 25w:

25w:

50w:

Direct Comparison 25w vs 50w:

------------------------------ Fog Lights ------------------------------

Old Fog Lights: Stock H8 Bulbs (Previously Installed)

Stock H8 light beam:

------------------------------

Old Fog Lights: Xenesis (Previously Installed)

Xenesis H8 light beam:

Old Fog Lights: H8 HorizonLED CREE 3200lm (Previously Installed)

Today I installed the 3200lm H8 kit from HorizonLED in my fog-lights. Anyways I had some Xenesis bulbs from Bimmian too from a previous purchase, as well as the stock H8's that the car came with. Objectively speaking, the Xenesis are trash; put them on for a week then took them out ASAP. No lighting quality whatsoever. Stock > Xenesis. H8 from Horizon > Stock. Again, given that I am speaking subjectively, the H8's from Horizon were pretty easy to install but the real PITA was re-adjusting their positioning to give off as little glare as possible, and the constant unplugging and replugging to figure out polarity. The H8's came with a LED Driver that has space to be bolted /held in. I ended up removing these lights too due to the immense amount of glare they gave out.

3200lm H8 (Adjusted fitment/rotation of bulb to reduce glare):

3200lm H8 vs Stock:

3200lm H8 vs Stock 2:

3200lm H8:

3200lm H8 (After rotating/adjusting bulbs):

3200lm H8 (Previous) + Parking Lights:

Old Fog Lights: H8 HorizonLED Philips Lumileds 2500lm (Previously installed)

I chose these over the previously installed H8 HorizonLED Cree 3200lm due to the significant amount of glare that the 3200lm's used to give off. The new 2500lm's I'm using barely glare in the fog light housing, and they fill the housing more efficiently (2 LEDs = 1 LED on each side of bulb, whereas 3200lm was 1 bulb on 1 side). Lastly, I previously reduced glare on the 3200lm by adjusting their rotation. That was wrong, for the fog light wasn't completely sealed (Bulb pins weren't fully aligned with housing, this left a gap between the housing and the bulb) which would expose the fog lights to the extreme humidity here, so that's when I decided to get new LEDs for my fog lights.

H8 2500lm Light Beam::

With Xenons on:

With Xenons off:

New Fog Lights: H8 HorizonLED 4th Generation LED 3000lm (Currently installed)

I chose these over the previously installed H8 HorizonLED Philips Lumileds 2500lm due to the reduction in amount of glare that the fog lights used to give off. The 2500lm's I had installed barely glared in the fog light housing but after I found out that HorizonLED had rolled out new generation LEDs with even less glare, I felt compelled to get them, as less glare = everyone happy. These new bulbs don't glare at all, even less than the stock Halogen H8. Furthermore, their strength is equivalent if not more than that of the previously installed H8 HorizonLED Philips Lumileds 2500lm. The new lights also came with light filters, in order to match the color tone of the headlights, which will come in handy, as I will install them later on, granted that they don't weaken the light output. So overall, a tiny change in the fog lights, will lead to much better results.

Packaging:

Stock H8 vs. H8 HorizonLED 4th Generation LED 3000lm :

Hope this is helpful to anyone looking to change to LED fogs. More pictures of the lights will follow very soon.

------------------------------ Coding ------------------------------

Coding used with no errors(Copied from MoneyFor, Thanks btw!):

Generic Fog Light Coding:
This coding is required with any LED bulb change onto any BMW. This prevents the frequent flickering of LEDs and prevents any false bulb error messages from showing up. All of the codes listed can be found under the FEM_BODY module.

3061 NSW_R_KALTUEBERWACHUNG -> nicht_aktiv : Disabling cold check for Front Right Fog Light.
3061 NSW_R_WARMUEBERWACHUNG -> nicht_aktiv : Disabling warm check for Front Right Fog Light.
3061 NSW_R_IS_LED -> aktiv : Setting Front Right Fog type to LED.

3061 NSW_L_KALTUEBERWACHUNG -> nicht_aktiv : Disabling cold check for Front Left Fog Light.
3061 NSW_L_WARMUEBERWACHUNG -> nicht_aktiv : Disabling warm check for Front Left Fog Light.
3061 NSW_L_IS_LED -> aktiv : Setting Front Left Fog type to LED.

Advanced Fog Light Coding:
If the LED bulbs ghost/flicker despite coding then these options also need to be coded. If you purchase a Headlight LED kit that comes with a LED driver, then this coding is unnecessary, for the LED driver takes care of adjusting the voltage and prevents ghosting.

3061 NSW_L_UE_SPG_SCHUTZ -> Dimmed
3061 NSW_R_UE_SPG_SCHUTZ -> Dimmed

3062 MAPPING_ABBIEGEL_R_PWM_LEVEL_1 -> 100% : Adjusting voltage output for Front Right LED Fog light.
3063 MAPPING_NEBELSCHW_R_PWM_LEVEL_1 -> 100% : Adjusting voltage output for Front Right LED Fog light.

3062 MAPPING_ABBIEGEL_L_PWM_LEVEL_1 -> 100% : Adjusting voltage output for Front Left LED Fog light.
3063 MAPPING_NEBELSCHW_L_PWM_LEVEL_1 -> 100% : Adjusting voltage output for Front Left LED Fog light.

*** If your bulbs are turning on and off despite coding, in which one bulb wouldn't turn on whilst the other bulb is up and running, then it comes on shortly, then you need to buy CanBus connectors for your fog lights, for the CanBus system in the car is messing around with the voltage, which ends up disabling either one of the bulbs and sometimes both.

Front Turn Signals:
All of the codes listed can be found under the FEM_BODY module.

3061 FRA_V_R_KALTUEBERWACHUNG -> nicht_aktiv : Disabling cold check for Front Right Turn Signal.
3061 FRA_V_R_WARMUEBERWACHUNG -> nicht_aktiv : Disabling warm check for Front Right Turn Signal.
3061 FRA_V_R_IS_LED -> aktiv : Setting Front Right Turn Signal type to LED.

3061 FRA_V_L_KALTUEBERWACHUNG -> nicht_aktiv : Disabling cold check for Front Left Turn Signal.
3061 FRA_V_L_WARMUEBERWACHUNG -> nicht_aktiv : Disabling warm check for Front LeftTurn Signal.
3061 FRA_V_L_IS_LED -> aktiv : Setting Front Left Turn Signal type to LED.

Rear Turn Signals:
All of the codes listed can be found under the REM module.

3061 FRA_H_L_KALTUEBERWACHUNG -> nicht_aktiv : Disabling cold bulb checks for Rear Left Turn Signal.
3061 FRA_H_L_WARMUEBERWACHUNG -> nicht_aktiv : Disabling warm bulb checks for Rear Left Turn Signal.
3061 FRA_H_L_IS_LED -> aktiv : Setting Rear Left Turn Signal type to LED.

3061 FRA_H_R_KALTUEBERWACHUNG -> nicht_aktiv : Disabling cold bulb checks for Rear Right Turn Signal.
3061 FRA_H_R_WARMUEBERWACHUNG -> nicht_aktiv : Disabling warm bulb checks for Rear Right Turn Signal.
3061 FRA_H_R_IS_LED -> aktiv : Setting Rear Right Turn Signal type to LED.

Reverse Lights:
All of the codes listed can be found under the REM module.

3061 RFS_L_KALTUEBERWACHUNG -> nicht_aktiv : Disabling cold bulb checks for Rear Left Reverse Light.
3061 RFS_L_WARMUEBERWACHUNG -> nicht_aktiv : Disabling warm bulb checks for Rear Left Reverse Light.
3061 RFS_L_IS_LED -> aktiv : Setting Rear Left Reverse Light Type to LED.

3061 RFS_R_KALTUEBERWACHUNG -> nicht_aktiv : Disabling cold bulb checks for Rear Right Reverse Light.
3061 RFS_R_WARMUEBERWACHUNG -> nicht_aktiv : Disabling warm bulb checks for Rear Right Reverse Light.
3061 RFS_R_IS_LED -> aktiv : Setting Rear Right Reverse Light Type to LED.

------------------------------ Updates ------------------------------

Update: Going to list all of the current bulbs on the car, in case anyone wants similar ones.

Reverse: HorizonLED PW24W 50W
Brake Lights: H21W HorizonLED 50W
Fog Lights: H8 HorizonLED 4th Generation LED 3000lm (Current), H8 HorizonLED Philips Lumileds 2500lm (Previous), H8 HorizonLED CREE 3200lm (Previous), Xensis TruMatch H8 (Previous)
Turn Signals: Weisslicht

------------------------------ Installation Guide ------------------------------

Thought I'd post this in case anyone needs help tackling the light upgrading process. I'll try being as descriptive as possible.

Rear Turn Signals / Brake Lights

1) Open trunk (obviously)

2) Remove plastic cover near the rear taillights. Using a Flathead screwdriver, remove the one screw holding the trim in, and then pull the trim up and out.

3) Using a 10mm wrench, remove the two nuts holding the taillights in.

4) Hold taillight near the two nuts you just removed, and hold it firmly! I can't stress this enough. Start pulling/wiggling taillight out gently until it comes out. Make sure you hold it tight, as it comes out pretty suddenly sometimes.

5) Unclip the three clips holding the bulb housing, replace bulbs and insert housing back and make sure everything clips on properly.

6) Re-install taillight.

** The one bolt holding the plastic trim can be pressed in when reinstalling rather than screwing it in. Same outcome.

Reverse Lights / Rear Fog Lights

1) Open trunk

2) If you have the emergency triangle mounted in the car, then you need to remove it and its holder. Unscrew the two bolts holding it in. (In my case, its two Phillips screws.) If you don't, there should be two T25 screws holding where the emergency triangle holder goes.

3) There are ~ 8 (forgot exact number) T25 screws to be removed (I'm 90% sure it's T25, working off of memory here). Unscrew them all and then pull them out. Some of them are a PIA to remove, as they get stuck. If that's the case, you can use a Flathead screwdriver to either pry them out, or hold them so that you can unscrew them.

4) Remove the trunk hinges, I used a Flathead screwdriver to just unclip them. After you do, you have to pull them out.

5) Remove the trunk lid. Pull it down and out. BE CAREFUL NOT TO RIP IT WHERE THE POCKETS/HANDLES FOR YOU TO CLOSE IT ARE. I HAVE RIPPED BOTH SIDES.

6) Unclip and pullout bulb housing. Swap bulbs and reinstall.

7) Reinstall everything in the reverse order of this list.

** I will try updating this section with photos soon in order to make it easier, in case some of the writing is hard to understand. I will also add the front turn signals / fog lights as well.

Last edited by 963mw; 12-20-2016 at 10:30 AM..
Appreciate 9
      05-16-2015, 05:45 PM   #2
rustyminded
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i

very very nice. I got myself front and rear turn signals and rear brakes LED but honest they aren't brighter than stock.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2015, 07:55 PM   #3
963mw
BMW Fanatic
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyminded View Post
very very nice. I got myself front and rear turn signals and rear brakes LED but honest they aren't brighter than stock.
eBay? Horizon's lights have been really consistent so far, plus the 2 year warranty really helps ease your mind off of any future expenses.
      05-31-2015, 11:27 PM   #4
bimmerdavid
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M3

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [0.00]
2017 BMW M3  [0.00]
Do you have links to the fog bulbs you purchased?
      06-01-2015, 09:07 AM   #5
bmw_fascinated
Private
Rep
Drives: F22 228i

The 50W brake lights look great. Just wondering, if and how fast they will fade over time. Can't imagine the small heatsink will handle the heat of 9? Cree Chips for a long time.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2015, 11:46 AM   #6
963mw
BMW Fanatic
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw_fascinated View Post
The 50W brake lights look great. Just wondering, if and how fast they will fade over time. Can't imagine the small heatsink will handle the heat of 9? Cree Chips for a long time.
Hey, I've had the 25w's for ~5 months and no problem, no fade whatsoever. The 50w ones have been on for ~ 2 weeks. I had a problem with one of the bulbs though, but I believe it's a faulty one. Zain from HorizonLED instantly sent me another and all is good now. Same as the 25w's no color fade whatsoever. Plus the additional brightness & red'ish hue would come in handy when I want to put a Lamin X tint on my tail lights.
      06-01-2015, 02:02 PM   #7
bmw_fascinated
Private
Rep

actually I meant fade out in terms of dimming. I once had some very bright LEDs but they heated up very fast and current and brightness decreased after few seconds.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-01-2015, 02:43 PM   #8
963mw
BMW Fanatic
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw_fascinated View Post
actually I meant fade out in terms of dimming. I once had some very bright LEDs but they heated up very fast and current and brightness decreased after few seconds.
Oh I understand. That is currently happening in my friend's 987.2 Boxster S, he swapped the Halogen license plate lights to LEDs, and they start off really bright but have gotten weaker, but have now stabilized at a certain strength. That isn't the case here, the housing for the light is huge, with heat being the last thing to worry about, given that LEDs remain cooler than any halogen bulb.
      06-01-2015, 03:52 PM   #9
bmw_fascinated
Private
Rep

That's great, thanks a lot for this information. I planed fitting some Philips P21W LEDs into the rear lights, but with those 50W Cree bulbs it will be much easier.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2015, 01:22 PM   #10
Blackpearll
Rep
Drives: BMW 335D XDrive

Do these LED lights fit in the original sockets?
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2015, 12:50 AM   #11
963mw
BMW Fanatic
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackpearll View Post
Do these LED lights fit in the original sockets?
Yupp, all of them. However if you opt for the same H8's I got for the fog lights just know that there is an accompanying LED driver that comes with them to cancel out all the errors (It's 100% waterproof), so all you need is a cable tie or 2 to tie them into place around some of the bumper parts and you're done.
      06-07-2015, 03:16 PM   #12
Blackpearll
Rep
Drives: BMW 335D XDrive

Thanks for the information Nickhelou!!
Appreciate 1
      06-07-2015, 05:09 PM   #13
963mw
BMW Fanatic
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackpearll View Post
Thanks for the information Nickhelou!!
Anytime man
      06-09-2015, 01:22 AM   #14
slimf30
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2015 328i White

Looks nice these will be on my list when I take delivery of my 328 next week.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2015, 05:08 AM   #15
Liamcs
Spain
Rep
Drives: F30 318d Automatic

Hello to all Led Lovers!

I am starting with coding and improving some details of the car that I don't like.

My next point to improve is the horrible yellow color of my FOG ligths.

I'd like to know where to buy BEST quality/price LEDs for my F30 Fog Ligths.

What is the refference?

In the other hand is to question you all if it's a good point to change also , brake, and direcction ligths (RED and ORANGE). Is it a real UPGRADE?

THANX!
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2015, 08:45 AM   #16
963mw
BMW Fanatic
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liamcs View Post
Hello to all Led Lovers!

I am starting with coding and improving some details of the car that I don't like.

My next point to improve is the horrible yellow color of my FOG ligths.

I'd like to know where to buy BEST quality/price LEDs for my F30 Fog Ligths.

What is the refference?

In the other hand is to question you all if it's a good point to change also , brake, and direcction ligths (RED and ORANGE). Is it a real UPGRADE?

THANX!
Hey man,

For the fog lights, I would buy BMW's LED fogs, which replace the whole housing, but offer the perfect balance in a technology oriented look as well as performance. If I was you I'd do what I did, change out every single bulb. The Turn signal LED upgrade on my car was amazing. In the front, the headlights looked extremely clean with no orange disturbing the white space in it. In the back, they were much stronger than the original ones and had a quicker ON/OFF time than the stock bulbs, which to me is an amazing easter egg, given that I also plan to slightly tint the tail lights, so making every light stronger was a no brainer for me. The brake lights stock were strong enough, but I just changed them to get more of a red tint coming out, and again, make them stronger for any future tint. The reverse lights however, are a must change if you are considering this. They completely transform the rear of your car, the pure white > yellowish halogen light on any day. In the end, it's a list of simple mods & tweaks that people may argue over (Is it worth all that money?), but it's all up to the owner.
      06-09-2015, 10:44 AM   #17
Liamcs
Spain
Rep
Drives: F30 318d Automatic

Parts References? Stores?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickhelou View Post
Hey man,

For the fog lights, I would buy BMW's LED fogs, which replace the whole housing, but offer the perfect balance in a technology oriented look as well as performance. If I was you I'd do what I did, change out every single bulb. The Turn signal LED upgrade on my car was amazing. In the front, the headlights looked extremely clean with no orange disturbing the white space in it. In the back, they were much stronger than the original ones and had a quicker ON/OFF time than the stock bulbs, which to me is an amazing easter egg, given that I also plan to slightly tint the tail lights, so making every light stronger was a no brainer for me. The brake lights stock were strong enough, but I just changed them to get more of a red tint coming out, and again, make them stronger for any future tint. The reverse lights however, are a must change if you are considering this. They completely transform the rear of your car, the pure white > yellowish halogen light on any day. In the end, it's a list of simple mods & tweaks that people may argue over (Is it worth all that money?), but it's all up to the owner.
Thank you, so, could you tell me where to buy (for my 2015 320 F30 ):

LED FOG Ligths ................................???
Front Orange LEDs............................???
Rear Orange LEDs.............................???
Rear Red Brake LEDS..........................???

Do I need to code anything?(what lines)?

Thank you in advance!
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2015, 12:21 PM   #18
963mw
BMW Fanatic
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liamcs View Post
Thank you, so, could you tell me where to buy (for my 2015 320 F30 ):

LED FOG Ligths ................................???
Front Orange LEDs............................???
Rear Orange LEDs.............................???
Rear Red Brake LEDS..........................???

Do I need to code anything?(what lines)?

Thank you in advance!
Alright, so I really trust HorizonLED, after buying some LEDs from Bimmian, I felt that they are a bit too overpriced, so I went with Horizon, and they are of the same quality if not better.

If you want to get the BMW LED Fog lights (I am attaching what works for my 435i, Not sure if it's the same on your car; double check the types & sizes) :

Left:
http://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-F32-435...hts/ES2711818/

Right:
http://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-F32-435...hts/ES2711497/

If you want to simply replace the bulb (Again, check if you have the H8 or H11):

http://www.horizonleds.co.uk/cree-le...og-light-bulbs

or

http://www.horizonleds.co.uk/exterio...-led-headlight

Front Turn Signals (Information from Osram's Vehicle Finder, so double check the information again):

http://am-application.osram.info/en

http://www.horizonleds.co.uk/cree-le...ee-bulbs-amber

Rear Turn Signals / Brake Lights / Reverse Lights:

http://www.horizonleds.co.uk/cree-le...cree-led-bulbs

As for the coding, some might give an error, some might not. Both ways you have to code them.

Reverse Lights:
REM / 3061 / RFS_L_KALTUEBERWACHUNG from aktiv to nicht_aktiv
REM / 3061 / RFS_L_WARMUERBERWACHUNG from aktiv to nicht_aktiv
REM / 3061 / RFS_L_IS_LED from nicht_aktiv to aktiv
REM / 3061 / RFS_R_KALTUEBERWACHUNG from aktiv to nicht_aktiv
REM / 3061 / RFS_R_WARMUERBERWACHUNG from aktiv to nicht_aktiv
REM / 3061 / RFS_R_IS_LED from nicht_aktiv to aktiv

Turn Signals:
FEM_BODY / 3061 / FRA_L_KALTUEBERWACHUNG from aktiv to nicht_aktiv
FEM_BODY / 3061 / FRA_L_WARMUERBERWACHUNG from aktiv to nicht_aktiv
FEM_BODY / 3061 / FRA_L_IS_LED from nicht_aktiv to aktiv
FEM_BODY / 3061 / FRA_R_KALTUEBERWACHUNG from aktiv to nicht_aktiv
FEM_BODY / 3061 / FRA_R_WARMUERBERWACHUNG from aktiv to nicht_aktiv
FEM_BODY / 3061 / FRA_R_IS_LED from nicht_aktiv to aktiv

Brake Lights:
REM / 3061 / BR_L_KALTUEBERWACHUNG from Aktiv to Nicht Aktiv
REM / 3061 / BR_L_WARMUEBERWACHUNG from Aktiv to Nicht Aktiv
REM / 3061 / BR_L_IS_LED from Nicht Aktiv to Aktiv
REM / 3061 / BR_R_KALTUEBERWACHUNG from Aktiv to Nicht Aktiv
REM / 3061 / BR_R_WARMUEBERWACHUNG from Aktiv to Nicht Aktiv
REM / 3061 / BR_R_IS_LED from Nicht Aktiv to Aktiv
      06-10-2015, 05:12 AM   #19
rustyminded
Major
Rep

great great info here my friend, I have question, recently I coded amber side markers as U.S looks amazing but with low quality LED signals I have they faded in 3 seconds and got hot that they almost melted, I am 100% certain that they are not even 15watt lol. I am changing whole front LED+ back+ brake to this Horizon ones.

first do you think our car can handle 60 watt or even 80 watt all around ?!
second Is there a place where I can buy Horizon LED or Cree whatever they are called in USA much easier to ship to Egypt.

greatly thanks !
      06-10-2015, 08:27 AM   #20
963mw
BMW Fanatic
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyminded View Post
great great info here my friend, I have question, recently I coded amber side markers as U.S looks amazing but with low quality LED signals I have they faded in 3 seconds and got hot that they almost melted, I am 100% certain that they are not even 15watt lol. I am changing whole front LED+ back+ brake to this Horizon ones.

first do you think our car can handle 60 watt or even 80 watt all around ?!
second Is there a place where I can buy Horizon LED or Cree whatever they are called in USA much easier to ship to Egypt.

greatly thanks !
Hey man,

The thing about Horizon's leds is that they market their lights according to their halogen equivalent. Hence a 80W bulb from Horizon isn't 80W's, but gives off as much light that an equivalent 80W Halogen one. So no matter how high you go, you'll either be drawing less current or somewhat close to stock, which is no problem. Regarding the heat, decent LEDs have metal heatsinks which would dissipate the heat, and allow you to run the lights for as long as you want. If you are shipping to the Middle East as I have, I'm sure Horizon would also be a better option since it takes less time to get there from the UK-Egypt rather than US-Europe then ME (ignoring custom processing times). One last thing, I really recommend going HorizonLED, their customer service is the best thing.

Last edited by 963mw; 06-10-2015 at 10:48 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2015, 01:53 PM   #21
rustyminded
Major
Rep

Quote:
Hey man,

The thing about Horizon's leds is that they market their lights according to their halogen equivalent. Hence a 80W bulb from Horizon isn't 80W's, but gives off as much light that an equivalent 80W Halogen one. So no matter how high you go, you'll either be drawing less current or somewhat close to stock, which is no problem. Regarding the heat, decent LEDs have metal heatsinks which would dissipate the heat, and allow you to run the lights for as long as you want. If you are shipping to the Middle East as I have, I'm sure Horizon would also be a better option since it takes less time to get there from the UK-Egypt rather than US-Europe then ME (ignoring custom processing times). One last thing, I really recommend going HorizonLED, their customer service is the best thing.
yes, I remember having Aramex acount much easier. I found on their site 50w is highest in rear but front can go as high as 80w, so I will pull trigger on 80 I just hope I don't get any errors.

what about fog light, I have this 5800k by gp thunder they look good but aren't brighter than stock should I go LED to get brighter or get more watt bulb ?!
      06-10-2015, 02:20 PM   #22
kitster
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G31 M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyminded
Quote:
Hey man,

yes, I remember having Aramex acount much easier. I found on their site 50w is highest in rear but front can go as high as 80w, so I will pull trigger on 80 I just hope I don't get any errors.

what about fog light, I have this 5800k by gp thunder they look good but aren't brighter than stock should I go LED to get brighter or get more watt bulb ?!
I've got the 50w front and rear indicators from horizon. IHMO they are bright and a great upgrade over stock. Unless you really need the 80w then the 50w are fine and very bright on sunny days.
Appreciate 0