F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > F30 Coilovers Options - Comprehensive Overview
GTB Performance

04-03-2014, 08:44 PM   #133
328if30ri
Private

Drives: 328i red 2014 m sport

can some one pm some numbers for the best bang for you buck kit i am in the hunt and looking for best set up out 2014 f30 msport shipped to 02910 plzzzzzzzzzz
328if30ri is offline   United_States
      05-30-2014, 03:27 PM   #134
hotlikelavadan
Private First Class

Drives: 2014 Estoril Blue F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Presario View Post
Dang, if this really is the case, that is a horrible oversight. Can any recent owners of V2 confirm?

Also, I'm close to pulling the trigger on either the Bilstein PSS9 or CKS. If I go with the PSS9, I'll add my findings to this post.
My V1s have the hex hole, I love the suspension but it makes a bit of noise and I am not the only one who has this problem.
      06-26-2014, 02:42 PM   #135
MulattoMajor
Private

Drives: MG F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by chugster View Post
http://www.fortune-auto.net/fortune5...scoilovers.htm

Fortune auto has a set of coilovers for the f30! I am currently their beta car for the coilovers and I love these. For more info contact them directly.
Any more info on these? Where did you have the install done?
      09-20-2014, 03:10 PM   #136
NISFAN
Brigadier General

Drives: The best kind of F30 :)

Just chipping in to share my option.

I fitted Bilstein PSS10 B16 KOMFORT to my F30 (48-229012). These have a longer spring than the normal B16 PSS10. Lowering is in the -10-30mm range, not the -30-50mm range for the normal version. I didn't want to go that low.

I fitted them because I don't rate the standard M Sport suspension ( I've had both Adaptive and passive, both suck!!!). Verdict, wow what a transformation, the car now rides like an M3/M4, no jokes it really does stick to the road. It is also far less crashy when going over potholes, etc. An amazing transformation
Attached Images

10-14-2014, 03:37 AM   #137
fad
Enlisted Member

Drives: BMW F30 328

mine is KW V2 installed on my 328i.

after a while i notice the bump stop was destroyed. had my car jacked one time at the local tyre shop for tyre swap and noticed the bump stop is like shredded foam and the dust cover wasnt in tact anymore.

also the rear perch or height adjuster need longer threads, at the highest ride the clearance between fender and wheel is only one finger gap.

hate to drive the in laws in my car cos fender scrub and malaysian roads has lots of potholes.

emailed KW and asked if they have a longer perch than the one that came in the box, apparently they do but they dont post it under spare parts in their website had to order them and they came with coil spring as a set.

in all, i guess KW makes good suspension but really should consider on the options of height, i didnt look at this as a problem in the beginning, but when you are running on 19's with 30 series tyres, hits you like a bitch!