F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > 2 part front lip doesnt join together well
GetBMWParts

11-15-2023, 11:05 AM   #1
thedarthluda
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 440i F32

2 part front lip doesnt join together well

So i purchased a gloss back front lip on amazon and its one of the ones that the base has 2 parts that join together. The join is terrible and doesnt even fit together very well so the bottom of the spoiler wouldnt be flush.

Will be sending this one back but are all the lips where the base comes in 2 parts like this? looking on ebay i see some that look to be one piece so will go with that if thats the case, i'm a little bit OCD about these things and dont want a visible line in the middle where the parts dont join well .

Also does anyone know what size self tapping screws i'll need to fit? no hardware store near me so would be easier to order them in advance.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2023, 10:32 AM   #2
MooLard
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335d touring

I replaced my front lower tip spoiler with a two piece one on eBay, I picked one that has some discreet extra securing points. The fit was alright, I used masking tape to line it up temporarily.
I used a combination of double sided foam tape and self tappers that came with the kit. It feels secure, I think it will last until the first floor or snow that I drive through, like the last one.

2016 435xd GC, MTC intercooler, centre and back box deletes, GKR stage 2 remap, methanol injection, H&R lowering springs. To do: wash it.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2023, 11:48 AM   #3
thedarthluda
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooLard View Post
I replaced my front lower tip spoiler with a two piece one on eBay, I picked one that has some discreet extra securing points. The fit was alright, I used masking tape to line it up temporarily.
I used a combination of double sided foam tape and self tappers that came with the kit. It feels secure, I think it will last until the first floor or snow that I drive through, like the last one.
did you use any of the OEM screws? i saw a video that says they aren't long enough with the splittler in place, and of course if you use self tappers in them you'll break the clips
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2023, 10:35 PM   #4
greyf36
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Grey F36

Trust me i went through 4 different front lip and strongly against the 2-3pieces version
It's alot cheaper but you are paying for what you like...the 2pcs version is definitely an eyesore
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2023, 03:30 AM   #5
thedarthluda
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyf36 View Post
Trust me i went through 4 different front lip and strongly against the 2-3pieces version
It's alot cheaper but you are paying for what you like...the 2pcs version is definitely an eyesore
yeh i've just bought another one where the bottom is all one piece and then you have the 2 cover bits each end.
Looking at it i assume it would be easier to put the 2 covers on with tape, and then line up the bottom piece and start attatching screws?
Appreciate 0