F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > "Egg Yolk" delete confusion
ARMA SPEED

10-05-2013, 11:31 AM   #1
mcalc55
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 F30 328xi BSM M Sport

"Egg Yolk" delete confusion

I ordered and just installed the stealth bulbs from a reputable site but was under the impression that they should light up white when my lights are on, but blink orange when I turn. Now upon thinking about it a little more, it seems unrealistic to expect two distinct colors to come out of one bulb, but is there a way to achieve what is shown in the two pictures below? I don't want to sacrifice the orange blink when I'm turning because I think that would be too dangerous in an intersection, but if I could get rid of the 'always on' functionality when i'm not turning, how would that be achieved?

http://www.f30post.com/forums/attach...8&d=1365302442

http://www.f30post.com/forums/attach...9&d=1365302442

Black Sapphire Metallic, M Sport, Technology, Lighting Package, DHP, Harmon Kardon, Sport Auto, Heated Front Seats
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2013, 11:52 AM   #2
JN1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: S211 AMG E63

I had my side markers coded off. They only turn on with blinkers.
      10-08-2013, 02:48 PM   #3
v1k1ng01
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i M-sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcalc55 View Post
I ordered and just installed the stealth bulbs from a reputable site but was under the impression that they should light up white when my lights are on, but blink orange when I turn. Now upon thinking about it a little more, it seems unrealistic to expect two distinct colors to come out of one bulb, but is there a way to achieve what is shown in the two pictures below? I don't want to sacrifice the orange blink when I'm turning because I think that would be too dangerous in an intersection, but if I could get rid of the 'always on' functionality when i'm not turning, how would that be achieved?
What you're talking about are called switchback led's, and sadly there is no option out there like that for the F30. Swithbacks are double filament bulbs and would only work with on F30 only by modifying the housing and recoding the ECM.
Appreciate 0