F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Urgent technical advice needed please.
Studio RSR

07-21-2016, 09:43 AM   #111
k44ENT
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2 LCI DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by NISFAN View Post
Perhaps the thousands of oil pump drive customers were the exception then? Or was it the DSG guys? Or maybe the manual 6 speed, synchromesh issues? I forget.

Yes I know other manufacturers have also had mass reliability issues, like Mercedes Benz with the Delphi piezo injector failures and BMW's swirl flap issues, but they seem to have helped the customer more than VAG.

Also, I'm sure a company forced to be paying out billions in compensation will be really eager to sort out 'within tolerance' type warranty problems, like the OP has had

Maybe they have improved since I had one.....with technical faults.....who knows? All I know is, I certainly wouldn't take that gamble again.
Fully appreciate where you are coming from, on the other hand would another manufacturer deem a vehicle that has a significant hesitation flat-spot that was confirmed by a dealer workshop manager as in tolerance OR would they admit it was faulty and attempt a fix
I honestly think buying any new car is a gamble as is selecting a dealer that will support you. I have just picked up a brand new 5 series touring with my father that he factory ordered a few months back from the same dealer. Even after my little episode they still handed it over to him with a parking dent in the rear wing. When pointed out to them they said it must have happened this morning as they don't get damaged in transit sir!! Two of the other new vehicles near it had similar parking dents as well!! Anyway a dent man is visiting his home to sort it out, when, I don't know.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2016, 10:25 AM   #112
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: iPace / Mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by NISFAN View Post
Perhaps the thousands of oil pump drive customers were the exception then? Or was it the DSG guys? Or maybe the manual 6 speed, synchromesh issues? I forget.

Yes I know other manufacturers have also had mass reliability issues, like Mercedes Benz with the Delphi piezo injector failures and BMW's swirl flap issues, but they seem to have helped the customer more than VAG.

Also, I'm sure a company forced to be paying out billions in compensation will be really eager to sort out 'within tolerance' type warranty problems, like the OP has had.

Maybe they have improved since I had one.....with technical faults.....who knows? All I know is, I certainly wouldn't take that gamble again.
I think a company who has had its name dragged through the dirt will be doing everything it can to show customers who have stuck with it they made the right choice.

Incidentally, my car was booked in before the dieselgate saga was public but seen after - I put their generosity down to the bad publicity!

Best not buy a Merc, they had trouble with rust a few years ago.

Or Jag - so did they a few years before that.

Not many brands left for you to choose from - and unfortunately my BMW dealer was useless and insulting when I had issues with my 330d. Given my brother is a Service Manager and qualified mechanic, telling me I didnt know how cars worked wasnt the sign of great customer service.

Fortunately the Mini dealer next door is a whole different attitude - but despite asking they wont sell me a BMW, not even a used one.....
Appreciate 1
      07-21-2016, 10:56 AM   #113
NISFAN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by isleaiw1
I think a company who has had its name dragged through the dirt will be doing everything it can to show customers who have stuck with it they made the right choice.
Hmmmm, perhaps.

They certainly didn't help me with a car that needed oil every 2000 miles and had a gearbox that felt like it was out of a Scammell, circa 1930.

They had the cheek to say my "high performance" 2.0Tdi was going to use oil as it was the latest high economy, high power engine. Yeah right it was about 30hp down on the equivalent BMW engine and struggled to get into the 40's mpg wise. Vorsprung durch technik
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2016, 03:27 PM   #114
HB14
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F31 330d 2015

K44ENT - Great result and I am not surprised by the comments BMW FS made.

I am in the same situation now that when I rejected my 330D after that saga they said they didn't want to supply me a new car and refunded me to walk away. Long behold I requested further information as to how that matter would effect me in the future, and well they replied 'You're expectations are that of a too high quality of BMW and therefore we are unable to support you as a finance company'. I appreciate they don't want customers returning cars but we have acts of Parliament for a reason to protect consumers.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2016, 03:30 PM   #115
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Have to say reading this thread is an eye opener.

Maybe I've been lucky
Maybe I've been ignorant of problems
Maybe I've never had a car long enough (I have made 36m and 47m)

But.....there is a reason I'm pretty die hard BMW . Over 17 years, avg 20,000 miles, 10 cars. Mine have not skipped a single beat. I'm deadly serious. Starting the car is not even in question. No mechanical problem, nothing, and I can barely be arsed to check oil. IMO phenomenal over engineering, exactly what I am looking for, reliability has not even come into the conversation.

I really think that the OP has been dreadfully unlucky. If I'd had that experience, of course I would also be off!

Good luck to us all, cars are getting damn expensive and our expectations should be sky high.

Enjoy your motoring and keep your family safe on the roads. there is better choice than ever out there and the second BMW does not give what you want you would be a fool to stay. For me though my faith remains very strong.

Chris.
      07-21-2016, 03:51 PM   #116
k44ENT
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB14 View Post
K44ENT - Great result and I am not surprised by the comments BMW FS made.

I am in the same situation now that when I rejected my 330D after that saga they said they didn't want to supply me a new car and refunded me to walk away. Long behold I requested further information as to how that matter would effect me in the future, and well they replied 'You're expectations are that of a too high quality of BMW and therefore we are unable to support you as a finance company'. I appreciate they don't want customers returning cars but we have acts of Parliament for a reason to protect consumers.
Pretty much what I was told word for word, I thought I was the only one!! I actually asked about purchasing the 435d I was using which was fault free and they wouldn't sell it to me.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2016, 04:10 PM   #117
EvilDrPorkChop
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Porsche Cayman

Should of kept the Red 328i touring, there was nothing wrong with that?
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2016, 05:45 PM   #118
dopper99
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Golf R Mk8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustChris View Post
Have to say reading this thread is an eye opener.

Maybe I've been lucky
Maybe I've been ignorant of problems
Maybe I've never had a car long enough (I have made 36m and 47m)

But.....there is a reason I'm pretty die hard BMW . Over 17 years, avg 20,000 miles, 10 cars. Mine have not skipped a single beat. I'm deadly serious. Starting the car is not even in question. No mechanical problem, nothing, and I can barely be arsed to check oil. IMO phenomenal over engineering, exactly what I am looking for, reliability has not even come into the conversation.

I really think that the OP has been dreadfully unlucky. If I'd had that experience, of course I would also be off!

Good luck to us all, cars are getting damn expensive and our expectations should be sky high.

Enjoy your motoring and keep your family safe on the roads. there is better choice than ever out there and the second BMW does not give what you want you would be a fool to stay. For me though my faith remains very strong.

Chris.
I'd agree, for me also in 7 years of BMW's I've not had any mechanical failure. But ..... IMO BMW's are a rattly bag of sh!te!!!!! Every BMW I've owned or driven has rattles. So although I've not had mechanical issues, I've had other rattle related issues and some that the dealer could not sort out.

Current:
Golf R Mk8
Previous:
Golf R Mk7.5
Mercedes AMG C63 S Coupe
F80 M3 Competition Pack
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2016, 05:58 AM   #119
asif03
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2016 430d Coupe

Wow! Does this mean you can't ever order a new BMW again? Or........?

Glad it was resolved without financial loss. Would be good to hear your thoughts on the Audi once you have it too.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2016, 06:01 AM   #120
k44ENT
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by asif03 View Post
Wow! Does this mean you can't ever order a new BMW again? Or........?

Glad it was resolved without financial loss. Would be good to hear your thoughts on the Audi once you have it too.
Yes, both new and used. It's a shame as I ran BMW's from 2005 to 2014 without any issues. It has just been the last few cars that have been below par and I dared to complain.
I'll certainly post my thoughts on the Audi, both good and bad.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2016, 06:32 AM   #121
Mattyk
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 M340i

How can they say you can't buy another car?

I would bubble them to the Sun or some other tabloid rag for badness tbh.

Btw, my Leon had the coil issue that affected all the VAG cars around a 52plate.

I asked for them to be replaced before they failed, they refused and said whilst they would fail, they would only replace the known faulty part upon failure. Not great when you drive all over the north with work tbh.

Plus I am certain they crashed the car pre delivery and said nothing. It was late, the front anti roll bar was disconnected at delivery, it had to have a door replaced because it was misshapen at the top which was a drawn out process, and when it was in for a front end repair after someone bumped it, the body shop told me it had been resprayed previously.

I had it from new but it was my first new car and was probably very naive in terms of checking the car out and appreciating what could have happened to it.

Not an aldi, but the same group. Just saying......

Gone
F36 435d
F30 335d
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2016, 07:58 AM   #122
HB14
Enlisted Member
Rep

Well BMW FS can choose who they want to provide finance too. I am currently fighting with them through the Ombudsman as when I rejected my car I wasn't told I couldn't purchase another BMW product. Thus, when I went to upgrade my motorbike I was declined finance due to the rejection case. Therefore, now leaving me with a negative impact.

I feel how they treat customers who reject cars over valid points is ridiculous. Even more so when they state 'expectations are to high' for last time I checked a 'premium brand'.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2016, 08:10 AM   #123
k44ENT
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB14 View Post
Well BMW FS can choose who they want to provide finance too. I am currently fighting with them through the Ombudsman as when I rejected my car I wasn't told I couldn't purchase another BMW product. Thus, when I went to upgrade my motorbike I was declined finance due to the rejection case. Therefore, now leaving me with a negative impact.

I feel how they treat customers who reject cars over valid points is ridiculous. Even more so when they state 'expectations are to high' for last time I checked a 'premium brand'.
Absolutely, I was thrilled to bits when they said they were clearing the finance. Only then to be told they felt they could not produce a car that would meet my high expectations and therefore would not be prepared to sell me one, not even a pre reg that I could 'try before I buy' so to speak. Luckily the Audi finance went through ok. I have rejected 3 out of four BMW's, first one needed a new steering rack after a few weeks, a replacement rear side window due to poor fitment, realigned drivers door to eliminate wind noise and the dash stripping down to find a bad rattle. Car was rejected and replaced but they screwed up the finance deal and did me out of a few grand. Move on to car 2, pretty good car but when I was promised and in effect paid for a 335i a 328i was never going to cut it so my choice to move on to car 3 a M135i after 6 months. It arrived in Jan this year and after 300 miles the gear box became noisy in reverse and 2nd so agreed it was to be rejected and replaced with a manual car. BMW looked after me but on collection day I noticed the M135i manual was not right with a hesitation and drive train thump. I reported it and lived with it for a 1000 miles to be told it was faulty then a complete u turn to its within tolerance and not even a fix was to be attempted. The rest is history and reading back what I've just written maybe BMW aren't able to meet my expectations. Saying that our F56 Mini Cooper S is spot on as were the 435i and 435d loan cars I had. I know i'm going to miss driving a new(ish) BMW
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2016, 03:24 PM   #124
HB14
Enlisted Member
Rep

K44ENT - You did two cars better than me. My first was a 520D that was nearly three years old and needed a new turbo two days after collection and gearbox. They refused rejection on that however supported me into a new car. My 330d which then had sticking brakes and squeaking for 7000 miles and after 3 new sets of brakes they accepted rejection. So in all to 'ban' me in my opinion is hugely discrediting and wrong.

Lobb - Well unfortunately they do as BMW FS are regulated and they had a duty to inform me that I was unable to get finance from them again. Which, if I had known I wouldn't of applied for finance and used Blackhorse who are always brilliant. Now the risk is too great after being declined.
Appreciate 0