F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > New Owner....with Questions.
proTUNING Freaks

05-17-2011, 11:39 AM   #1
SOURBIMMA
GRINDIN.....
United_States
Rep
Drives: WHITE 2000 328i

Exclamation New Owner....with Questions.

Wassup to everyone,i was given a 2000 bmw 328i as a gift from my father.
This is my first bmw and i love it,the handling is sick.Its nice to join the bmw world.I got a few questions thou...when i got the car the heated seats
didnt work,i was ok with that.Then all of a sudden this morning the buttons on my steering wheel dosent wrk.They were working fine last night now nothing?hope it isnt electrical,its crazy cause when i try to use my signals
the lights blink outside but not inside.could be a fuse?anyway thanx for any info you could provide.Btw im a newbie to bmw's i dont really know nothing about them so i decided to join this forum to learn everything i can.thanx
again.......
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2011, 12:28 PM   #2
SOURBIMMA
GRINDIN.....
United_States
Rep
Drives: WHITE 2000 328i

WOW,i guess this forum isnt newbie friendly...
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2011, 03:32 PM   #3
Mark
Administrator
Rep
Drives: 1M

Garage List
Well first i'll say with that kinda attitude, you probably wont get too many responses....

Second, this forum isn't specifically geared towards the 2000 328i, so another reason not to get too many takers.

As for your question, its difficult to diagnose electrical issues over the forum, but i've owned that car and a problem like that sounds like something electrical for sure. I know i've had my turn signal fuses go out, but when theyve gone out for me the outside bulb wouldnt keep working. If the bulb goes out, then the blinker will go real fast. Sounds like you have something inbetween, maybee a fuse, maybee faulty wiring.

The best way to find out and get it all fixed is honestly to just goto the dealer. They will plug the car into the computer and have some answers instantly.
      05-17-2011, 09:09 PM   #4
pmeloche
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 F25 X3 xDrive35i

Welcome to the BMW world and to this forum in particular. Visit the OT section, it's often hilarious. The general section is going down IMO but it's only my opinion.

Patrice
2013 F25 X3 xDrive35i Vermillion Red
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2011, 12:07 AM   #5
JayKay335i
Banned
Egypt
Rep
Drives: ///M323 DCT

a) wrong forum
b) could you make that paragraph, if you can call it that, any more difficult to read?
c) go get your car fixed
Appreciate 0