F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Photo, Video, Media Gallery, Journals > 335i Performance Center Delivery
proTUNING Freaks

02-09-2014, 07:16 AM   #1
cashpayme
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: e90

Hi Everyone,

On Friday Feb 7th, I took delivery of my 2014 335i at the Performance Center in Spartanburg SC. From start to finish the experience was top notch.

I have to give a big thanks to David from Steve Thomas BMW.

After a few frustrating attempts to order a car with the half @ss dealers in my area, I decided to jump on the forums and get some help. I found David and shot him an email, received a prompt response and within an hour had my car squared away. He beat everyone's price and made the whole process painless. I would HIGHLY recommend David and Steve Thomas BMW for any of your future purchases. My experience with them was A+.

I stayed at the Marriot, which was nice and only a few minutes from BMW. Everyone at the hotel was super friendly and attentive. BMW covered the dinner and breakfast which were both very good.

Once we arrived at BMW they introduced us to the instructors and sat for a quick classroom session on basic driving, abs braking, etc.

Then we jumped in our cars, my group was a combination of 335's and an M3. My only disappointment was that all the cars were automatic, but I was actually impressed with the capabilities of the 8speed auto.

First we did a braking exercise, hard stopping from different speeds.

Next was to demonstrate the traction control on the wet skid pad. Spinning out without traction on, then applying and letting the car control.

The last and best part was the autocross. They had a slalom and some good turns, I could have drove this part for hours.

But the track would not have been complete without a hot lap. We went out in an M3 and had a blast. Those instructors have a rough job.

Once the track stuff was done, we all hopped in brand new X5's and drove over to the Zentrum museum. The museum is smaller a but very nice. There were a few m racing cars, motorcycles and the Z3 from James Bond to name a few. Outside the Zentrum makes for a great picture with your car.

After Zentrum we hit the off road coarse in the X5's. There we climbed a few hills and uneven terrain to demonstrate the xdrive and hill descend. At one point you have the rear wheel a few feet off the ground to which looked worse than it was. BMW also makes very capable trucks.

After the off road was lunch, once again I was pleased with the food.

After lunch was the whole reason for my visit...delivery of my car!!!

I met with my advisor Nick, who walked me to my car in its own private garage. He was knowledgable and friendly. We went over some basics and I was ready to hit the road.

I would highly recommend this experience to anyone picking up a new BMW. The instructors were great, facility impressive and it's a great way to take delivery of your new car.

My car is a:

2014 335i
M Sport
Manual
Premium

Here are a few pics
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-09-2014, 07:38 PM   #2
dday
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 Alpine White 335 M-Sport

Nice! You picked up the near twin of my car (in sedan form)

http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=942016
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2014, 08:31 AM   #3
prestonf30
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 m3

Nice
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2014, 02:49 AM   #4
.BMW.
Major General
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMW F11/F31

Congrats on your new car.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2014, 08:04 PM   #5
cashpayme
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: e90

thanks guys, nice write up dday...I see I wasn't the only one disappointed about getting the automatic. lol
Appreciate 0