F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > Anyone tried these halogen -> Xenon+led aftermarket kit?
ARMA SPEED

05-04-2015, 03:42 PM   #353
martsro
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 EBII F31 M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithf32 View Post
I hope this looks better in person because this literally looks like you took a picture and hit it with white dots in MS paint.
LOL! It kinda does. It doesn't look like that in person. They blend together much better than how it looks in the pic.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2015, 08:33 AM   #354
RarScaryFrosty
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i xDrive

Using the stock bulbs that came with the headlight, I'm now getting a constant "right high beam malfunction" even though it works. Unlike the LED, it doesn't shut off the headlight.

Has anyone experienced this? I may need to find someone to code out the headlight checks completely.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2015, 12:41 PM   #355
macrossVFX222
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RarScaryFrosty View Post
Using the stock bulbs that came with the headlight, I'm now getting a constant "right high beam malfunction" even though it works. Unlike the LED, it doesn't shut off the headlight.

Has anyone experienced this? I may need to find someone to code out the headlight checks completely.

I don't think others are seeing this. In fact I am in the process of placing my order... after seeing your note I messaged the seller to ask... I was told he has never sen this, and if you bought it from them you should get the unit exchanged.

hopefully that helps you somewhat.... I am going to be extra careful with my lights when they arrive as well.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2015, 12:54 PM   #356
goon
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i AW

Garage List
2014 BMW 328i  [10.00]
If anyone is looking for a smoked pair of eagle eyes, please PM me for a good discount, Mine work 100% with no errors, selling these to upgrade to extreme powerhouse xenon retrofit. I have posted how they look on my car in this thread a few pages back. They are on my car until I get my new ones in a week or two. Thanks
      05-05-2015, 06:36 PM   #357
RarScaryFrosty
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by macrossVFX222 View Post
I don't think others are seeing this. In fact I am in the process of placing my order... after seeing your note I messaged the seller to ask... I was told he has never sen this, and if you bought it from them you should get the unit exchanged.

hopefully that helps you somewhat.... I am going to be extra careful with my lights when they arrive as well.
I contacted the seller I bought from on ebay and he's already mailed me out a replacement passenger side unit via UPS. He's allowing me to install the new headlight and test it before I return the "broken" one. It's nice to see such good customer service on this product. I'm not looking forward to ripping apart my wheel wells and bumpers again though.

I'm quite happy with the looks of the lights over all, and it definitely improves the look of the car. I still need to find a pair of LEDS or Xenons though.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2015, 08:36 PM   #358
martsro
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
I contacted the seller I bought from on ebay and he's already mailed me out a replacement passenger side unit via UPS. He's allowing me to install the new headlight and test it before I return the "broken" one. It's nice to see such good customer service on this product. I'm not looking forward to ripping apart my wheel wells and bumpers again though.

I'm quite happy with the looks of the lights over all, and it definitely improves the look of the car. I still need to find a pair of LEDS or Xenons though.
I'm glad you're getting a replacement. I've had zero issues with mine so far.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2015, 09:06 PM   #359
RarScaryFrosty
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by martsro View Post
I'm glad you're getting a replacement. I've had zero issues with mine so far.
Martsro did you have to "push" the housings upward when tightening the torx screws and 10mm bolt for the headlight? I had to do this the second time ripping apart my front end since my bumper drooped too low. I'm hoping the torx screws and clips hold their place long term since I drive on a bumpy road daily to work.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2015, 10:00 PM   #360
martsro
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Martsro did you have to "push" the housings upward when tightening the torx screws and 10mm bolt for the headlight? I had to do this the second time ripping apart my front end since my bumper drooped too low. I'm hoping the torx screws and clips hold their place long term since I drive on a bumpy road daily to work.
I did have to manipulate the housing around a little to get it just right. Did you set the bottom adjustable mounting screw gaps to the same position they were in for the original housings? I found this helped when doing mine.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2015, 10:19 AM   #361
mkcpu
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i sedan

If anyone is looking to sell their old headlights (halogen), please PM me. I need a pair.
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2015, 08:40 PM   #362
serbdogg
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 328i sport

I have a mineral gray f30 should I go with a chrome housing???
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2015, 06:55 AM   #363
ATL0501
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '21 540 Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by martsro
Quote:
Originally Posted by bossf30 View Post
That looks really good on the EBII. Is your car on and running in this pic? Or is this what it looks like when you press the unlock button on your keyfob? Also, what lowbeam bulbs are you using? It looks very Oem. And great job on the super clear pics!
Thanks! I'm very happy with them so far. The car is running in the first and third pics. I ended up using Philips Diamond Vision 5K bulbs. The color matches the LEDs pretty well. I still need to aim them properly. Was planning to do it this weekend but I got lazy. As for the gap between the lights and bodywork, there seems to be a little more gap along the top of the edge of the light, but I never really noticed how it looked there before so I can't be 100% sure. The gaps around the bumper to the hood all stayed the same (I marked the positions before I removed the bumper to be sure).
Any pictures with the diamond vision installed? Preferably at night. How is the actual light output?

Also Ro_f30 any updates on the HID or bulbs you tried with pictures?
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2015, 05:40 AM   #364
a803sgo
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW 320D M-SPORT (F30)

For everyone in the UK struggling to find some decent aftermarket lights I may of found a solution other than Eagle Eyes, there's a company over in Holland that will take apart the lights fit some projectors and rings and send the lights back for 440 euros (315ish GBP) the guys called Wouter.

The company is www.retrofitlab.com and Wouters email address is info@retrofitlab.com, ive got everything i need to send him except a headlight and as soon as i have this off they'll go.

Appreciate 0
      06-01-2015, 02:03 PM   #365
macrossVFX222
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ro_f30 View Post
Pictures as promised. Night time pictures coming up.
  • LED flickers at start
  • GP thunder lights @ 5700 used as Philips Crystal Vision are not white at all. They're very Yellow.
  • Night Pictures coming up
Reviving the post since I promised to share my experience with EE light. Finally installed my set of EE over the weekend. I took it to the shop for installation and took them 2.5 hours to complete. I also put in a set of morimoto HB35. So far I like the light.... Its not OEM, but its still pretty and doesn't look anything like a rice rocket. <-- I was worried about that.

Some issues:
LED definitely flickers at start. but it doesn't flicker again during the drive and no hyper flash of any kind. I can live with that until I have a chance to code it out I also dislike the fact that the inner project is just an LED DRL instead of high beam, but these are things I can live with.

Nothing again custom projects, but I just don't trust folks taking apart headlights and putting them back in afterward...

Some pics:
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      06-01-2015, 04:34 PM   #366
ATL0501
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '21 540 Msport

They look great but reason I ended up not pulling trigger on them is cause of the halogen projectors. Unless you find exact match to the LED rings it doesn't look right.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2015, 04:53 PM   #367
smithf80
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 6MT

Garage List
2022 G20 330i  [9.00]
2018 F80 M3  [9.75]
Honestly these look terrible. I'm glad I didn't get them when I had my f30.
      06-01-2015, 05:17 PM   #368
macrossVFX222
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL0501 View Post
They look great but reason I ended up not pulling trigger on them is cause of the halogen projectors. Unless you find exact match to the LED rings it doesn't look right.
I ended up being evil () and got Morimoto HID... it matched up fine with the LED ring, but need to make sure I don't blind oncoming traffics (and a small DIY work is needed to place the ballast). I like the light cut off, but certainly not as nice as having the lighting package.

smithf32: IMHO, I don't think they look terrible per se, but definitely doesn't compare to the factory lighting package.... Won't make that mistake on the 2016 5 series when it comes out later this year
Appreciate 1
      06-01-2015, 05:39 PM   #369
ji99lypuff
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 bmw 328xi

That second pic makes these headlights look great. I dont think these look bad at all! If it werent for Mike at xph i wouldve prolly pulled the trigger on these and a nice hid kit to put in the projectors. The price of the eagle eyes and hid kit are a bargain and would still have these over halogen anyday.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2015, 05:52 PM   #370
macrossVFX222
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ji99lypuff View Post
That second pic makes these headlights look great. I dont think these look bad at all! If it werent for Mike at xph i wouldve prolly pulled the trigger on these and a nice hid kit to put in the projectors. The price of the eagle eyes and hid kit are a bargain and would still have these over halogen anyday.
Now that I have my factory light out... I am thinking about xph as well.
Generally I don't like custom projects where folks yank out my headlight to mod and glue it back. But i heard from many different source that xph is reputable... I am not sure about their halo ring, but maybe they look different in person than via picture...

But regardless I will keep these EE for a while before deciding on what to do next...

Did you get yours Headlights done from xph? If so what do you think?
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2015, 06:25 PM   #371
ji99lypuff
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 bmw 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by macrossVFX222 View Post

Did you get yours Headlights done from xph? If so what do you think?
I think they were shipped out today. Ill post some pics of the kit and install and final product installed.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2015, 08:52 PM   #372
martsro
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ji99lypuff View Post
I am very pleased with mine and they are much better looking than the factory halogens. Just couldn't justify paying $1K for the others. I had a hard enough time convincing the wife that these were "necessary". LOL
Appreciate 1
      06-09-2015, 03:18 AM   #373
A'PEXi
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: M3

just wondering if anyone has put a HID kit in these yet?
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2015, 12:46 PM   #374
macrossVFX222
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by A'PEXi View Post
just wondering if anyone has put a HID kit in these yet?
I did.... 4th picture is lowbeam projector with Morimoto XB35. I think the shop tech took this picture right when he turn on the HID so you see the greenish tint. I actually got the 5000k version so its WHITE.. similiar in color as the U shape LED 'ring'.
Appreciate 1