F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Slight Vibration at 43-48mph then again above ~65, peaks at about 85mph
ARMA SPEED

01-05-2020, 06:02 PM   #45
floridaorange
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 bmw 320i xdrive

Don't underestimate how easily the balance can be thrown off. Especially with low profile tires and big wheels.

I took mine to a reputable shop recently and they were all amazed how off the rear tire balance was off.

I've got a staggered setup. Anyway, the balance made things very smooth again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Sounds pizzagatey.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2020, 12:36 AM   #46
Setright
Car Enthusiast
Denmark
Rep
Drives: 120i M-Sport 2022

It's scary to read through the different threads on vibrations.

So many good suggestions, so many things found slightly out-of-round or balance, but the vibration always returns

My 2nd BMW started on these vibes a few months ago. Two wheels were a little out of balance....and the brakes have been replaced all round.

No change in vibrations
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2020, 03:08 PM   #47
Setright
Car Enthusiast
Denmark
Rep
Drives: 120i M-Sport 2022

As can be read in the other thread about this, I am feeling more and more confident that the root of my problem was alignment.

From the factory, the front total toe was almost double the spec. I had one alignment done which improved things, then I borrowed some aligning equipment and let my perfectionism take over. The toe settings are now bang on spec and my steering wheel is centered. The vibrations have calmed down significantly. In fact, I think the residuals are due to the tyres having some uneven wear from the bad factory alignment. Well, that, and the large Diesel engine rumbling away in front of me...
Appreciate 0