F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > Halogen to LED Upgrade H7
GetBMWParts

08-12-2022, 01:04 PM   #67
Blakkout
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2016 328i, 2014 X3

I've been reading threads on this for over an hour now, but this is the most recent on the subject. I'm a little surprised that there doesn't seem to be a consensus-best LED replacement H7 bulb for my stock halogen headlights. Lots of people trying/recommending fans, fanless, and even no heat sink models.

I'm going to give those Beamtech H7 fanless bulbs a try based on Billfitz's and others' suggestions. Can someone confirm whether those (or I guess any of these bulbs) need an adapter to snap into my the existing bulb housing? In reading through these threads, people seem to vaguely suggest that the base of the bulb might be too big and fits sort of loosely or needs to be reinforced somehow?

Any insight would be appreciated, thanks.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2022, 03:36 AM   #68
Krenforum
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW F31

Hey guys,

I found Osram Nightbreaker H7 LED. Which is a led bulb for H7. I am thinking of buying.
https://www.amazon.de/-/en/gp/aw/d/B...images_section

According to their website, F31 facelift, is supported and it does not need the special canbus. And everything is legal, this is what I like the most. I am from EU.

The question I have, do you think I would need to do the coding? If I understand the Osram. I think, it is not needed.

Though, I have veepek adapter and bimmercode app and I have done the basic coding myself.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2022, 07:16 AM   #69
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

Coding is always required.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2022, 01:45 PM   #70
Krenforum
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW F31

Thank you.

Will do the coding. I read few topics.
One question though.

If I change only the bulb low beam H7 to LED. Is it enough if I change only in Bimmercode: Led conversion low beam in normal user mode.

Or do I have to go to advanced user settings and change something there. I didnot find in normal mode:
change also position light warm monitoring, position light cold monitoring, position light lamp.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2022, 05:42 PM   #71
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

Each bulb set has it's own coding entry.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2022, 12:14 AM   #72
Beamerboy303
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by fki2000 View Post
That looks really good. I just ordered LED low beams from xenonhids.com. Pretty expensive but i hope they are worth it. May get high beans later if I like them. Will update when I install them.
Would you mind telling me how much you payed for them? As i just bought an Amazon HID kit and I’m having trouble with the code and flickering. I’m scared to ruin my wire harness so I took them off right away.
Appreciate 0