F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Anybody with adaptive suspension and Dinan springs in the SF Bay Area
Extreme Powerhouse

08-23-2016, 01:04 PM   #1
radm
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 6MT ordered, AR 4C Spider

Anybody with adaptive suspension and Dinan springs in the SF Bay Area

Hi,

I am debating getting Dinan spring and shockware on my 340ix. I called Dinan but they were not helpful. I have (naively?) expected a friendly conversation two enthusiasts may have. This forum is way friendlier - most of the time ;-). They also don't have a test vehicle.

Is there anybody in the Bay Area who could let me drive their F30 with Dinan shocks and shockware? It doesn't have to be ix. My concern is that the back may be too jumpy over uneven surfaces when cornering like it was in my old E92 with sport suspension - well I don't want it to be worse than it was in the E92. With little twins it will be a while before I go to the track again so I am concerned about cornering on uneven roads.

Verbal experiences of people on regular roads, not on track, are welcome, too.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2016, 11:17 AM   #2
RM7
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Camaro SS 1LE

I have a F36 x-drive w/ adaptive suspension, ACS springs, shockware and Dinan anti sways. I'm much happier with the suspension, firm, but not harsh. Honestly, it matches up really well. I drove it hard on a mountain road a few weeks back and was super happy. It makes my car handle how I thought it should have from the beginning. It definitely isn't harsh, even the sways aren't super hard, just a good boost from stock. My last car was worlds better in terms of handling, which was painfully obvious with the stock setup. The stock setup was pretty floaty and under damped. Going to sport helped a bit, but the rigidity and mass of the run flats still made it pretty harsh. Like I said, it seems to match up very nice now, better than stock.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2016, 04:22 PM   #3
radm
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 6MT ordered, AR 4C Spider

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNoBrakes View Post
I have a F36 x-drive w/ adaptive suspension, ACS springs, shockware and Dinan anti sways. I'm much happier with the suspension, firm, but not harsh. Honestly, it matches up really well. I drove it hard on a mountain road a few weeks back and was super happy. It makes my car handle how I thought it should have from the beginning. It definitely isn't harsh, even the sways aren't super hard, just a good boost from stock. My last car was worlds better in terms of handling, which was painfully obvious with the stock setup. The stock setup was pretty floaty and under damped. Going to sport helped a bit, but the rigidity and mass of the run flats still made it pretty harsh. Like I said, it seems to match up very nice now, better than stock.
Thanks! BTW, I have non run flats (PS2s). They came inflated to 38psi when I bought the car and I like it that way.
Appreciate 0