F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes > Ohio Dealer Experiences
ARMA SPEED

06-11-2012, 12:10 PM   #1
ohio_mt
MY13 328i Shopping
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 Tahoe LTZ

Ohio Dealer Experiences

Looking at ordering a MY13 F30. Anyone out there with experiences they would like to share on specific dealers/CAs in Ohio? I am willing to drive for a solid deal.

It seems even with how new the F30 is, a deal within $1000 of invoice (I am also seeing close to invoice) is reasonable.

A newbie to the brand and process, so any insight on experiences in Ohio much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2013, 05:48 PM   #2
pallymore
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335xi M Sport

Garage List
I'm in Ohio as well...which part of Ohio are you in?

I'm talking to a few dealers and am about to place the order for my first 335xi m sports...the lowest price I got is $800 over invoice...
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2013, 07:50 AM   #3
Blk135
Rep
Drives: 135

Contact David B. Theado from Dave Walter BMW, the dealership is located in Akron Ohio. I have purchased my last four BMWs from here and each time has been a great and easy experience. I just ordered an f30 335i this past weekend. David's number is (330) 643-5604 tell him Donny Albrecht recommended him, he will get you into your new BMW.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2013, 12:13 PM   #4
spe1996
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i

I am picking up my new 328ix tomorrow from Cleveland BMW in Solon. I had a very favorable experience with a SC named Avery. Avery was very easy to work with and gave me a good deal with out all the BS you sometimes get when buying/leasing a car.

Avery is worth speaking to before you make your decision.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2013, 01:10 PM   #5
ssedha
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Uber / Lyft / CTA

I have been talking to two dealers for my ED F30 335i. Bill Reifsteck from Kelly BMW & Preston BMW here in Youngstown (Boardman area). I have found that Preston was very transparent up front with all the information (so was Bill, but I really had to ask numerous times). I ended up finalizing a price of $500 over ED Invoice. Kelly BMW wanted $800 over. Initially Bill had told me that if I'm looking for a $500 over invoice type of a deal, he wouldn't be interested at all. But after numerous e-mail exchanges, he says he didn't want to lose the deal so he would still do it. I would recommend both, but being the proximity of Preston (plus their service dept. is AMAZING) I went with them. Contact Scott (Sales Manager) at Preston and talk to him. He's very patient and will give you ALL the information you want.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2013, 06:57 PM   #6
pallymore
First Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssedha View Post
I have been talking to two dealers for my ED F30 335i. Bill Reifsteck from Kelly BMW & Preston BMW here in Youngstown (Boardman area). I have found that Preston was very transparent up front with all the information (so was Bill, but I really had to ask numerous times). I ended up finalizing a price of $500 over ED Invoice. Kelly BMW wanted $800 over. Initially Bill had told me that if I'm looking for a $500 over invoice type of a deal, he wouldn't be interested at all. But after numerous e-mail exchanges, he says he didn't want to lose the deal so he would still do it. I would recommend both, but being the proximity of Preston (plus their service dept. is AMAZING) I went with them. Contact Scott (Sales Manager) at Preston and talk to him. He's very patient and will give you ALL the information you want.
wow that's a great deal :O

I bought mine much more than that :/
well I wasn't doing ED though.

Congratulations on your new car

Appreciate 0
      02-26-2013, 07:04 PM   #7
pallymore
First Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by pallymore View Post
wow that's a great deal :O

I bought mine much more than that :/
well I wasn't doing ED though.

Congratulations on your new car
By the way, I feel it's really hard to find a honest dealer in the southwest area.

I talked to a salesperson from Jake Sweeney BMW, they have really good reviews on the internet (comparing to others in this area). At first he was asking for $2000 over invoice and refuse to move the price. I had a really bad shopping experiences with him. (He just stopped replying my email after only a few email exchanges)
BMW of Dayton, not recommended. The salesperson lied about their allocation. Their offer was OK, but something smells odd in the air, but I don't feel anyone from their dealership is honest.
Voss Village BMW, they gave me really good impressions. The CA was really helpful and honest. He provided a lot of information, and was very helpful through the whole process. I'm kinda regret of that I didn't order from them.
BMW Store of Cincinnati, salesperson said they don't have any allocation and probably will not have any in the next few months. So I didn't talk to them too much. Well at least they are very honest.

Appreciate 0
      02-27-2013, 08:14 AM   #8
ssedha
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pallymore View Post
By the way, I feel it's really hard to find a honest dealer in the southwest area.

I talked to a salesperson from Jake Sweeney BMW, they have really good reviews on the internet (comparing to others in this area). At first he was asking for $2000 over invoice and refuse to move the price. I had a really bad shopping experiences with him. (He just stopped replying my email after only a few email exchanges)
BMW of Dayton, not recommended. The salesperson lied about their allocation. Their offer was OK, but something smells odd in the air, but I don't feel anyone from their dealership is honest.
Voss Village BMW, they gave me really good impressions. The CA was really helpful and honest. He provided a lot of information, and was very helpful through the whole process. I'm kinda regret of that I didn't order from them.
BMW Store of Cincinnati, salesperson said they don't have any allocation and probably will not have any in the next few months. So I didn't talk to them too much. Well at least they are very honest.
Funny that you mention that. I was talking to one of the members here, who happens to work at Jake Sweeney. Him & I exchanged a few PMs and then I told him the build I was looking at for the ED. He asked me to e-mail him so he could get back to me with numbers. I e-mailed him, and then sent him a PM to let him know I had done so. NO RESPONSE! Needless to say, I quickly decided not to waste more time there.

Just to give you a jist of what I look for in a dealership when I contact them:
- No Pressure sales
- Transparency upfront (I want to know where each & every number is coming from)
- No attitude (remember, they need our business, not the other way around)
- Building a rapport (It's not about selling the car, but giving the complete package. Some salesman will forget who you are the next day when you walk into a dealership)
- Of course price (but I'm willing to let go a few to get the above)

It was actually a very tough choice. I felt bad because Bill Reifsteck has been more than helpful (even when I got my 135i) and I didn't even get it from him. This time though, the proximity of my local dealership and the deal won out! In case I end up moving in the next month or so, I might just go with Bill because Columbus is where my parents live. So won't be too tough to pick up the car from there
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2013, 12:17 PM   #9
pallymore
First Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssedha View Post
Funny that you mention that. I was talking to one of the members here, who happens to work at Jake Sweeney. Him & I exchanged a few PMs and then I told him the build I was looking at for the ED. He asked me to e-mail him so he could get back to me with numbers. I e-mailed him, and then sent him a PM to let him know I had done so. NO RESPONSE! Needless to say, I quickly decided not to waste more time there.

Just to give you a jist of what I look for in a dealership when I contact them:
- No Pressure sales
- Transparency upfront (I want to know where each & every number is coming from)
- No attitude (remember, they need our business, not the other way around)
- Building a rapport (It's not about selling the car, but giving the complete package. Some salesman will forget who you are the next day when you walk into a dealership)
- Of course price (but I'm willing to let go a few to get the above)

It was actually a very tough choice. I felt bad because Bill Reifsteck has been more than helpful (even when I got my 135i) and I didn't even get it from him. This time though, the proximity of my local dealership and the deal won out! In case I end up moving in the next month or so, I might just go with Bill because Columbus is where my parents live. So won't be too tough to pick up the car from there
lol I hope he doesn't see this cuz he may come after me for saying bad things about his dealership

totally agree with you on the criterias.
I'd not mind paying a little more for a better shopping experience.

too bad there's not many choices around this area. Even though my car is arriving next month, I don't feel too happy about the purchase, just because all the bad experiences from those dealerships. (Except Voss, too bad I didn't order from them)

now I'm more worried than happy cuz I have a feeling that the dealership that I ordered my car from will play more shenanigans when deliver the car.

Appreciate 0
      02-27-2013, 12:46 PM   #10
ssedha
First Lieutenant
Rep

Congrats on the new car. And if everything has already been agreed upon, then you have nothing to worry about. If they play more shenanigans, tell them, "thanks but no thanks. you can keep the car". Will probably grind their gears a bit...
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2013, 09:19 PM   #11
The Nerd
Major
Rep
Drives: 22 M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by spe1996 View Post
I am picking up my new 328ix tomorrow from Cleveland BMW in Solon. I had a very favorable experience with a SC named Avery. Avery was very easy to work with and gave me a good deal with out all the BS you sometimes get when buying/leasing a car.

Avery is worth speaking to before you make your decision.
I also bought a new 335i through Avery a few weeks ago and agree....he did a fantastic job of answering all my questions and going above and beyond through the order and waiting process. Very low pressure when we were talking numbers....he just said it like it was and didn't beat around the bush. Highly recommend Avery if you're going through BMW Cleveland
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2013, 12:31 PM   #12
328iGurl
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328ix

I just ordered a 328ix from Midwest Auto Group in Columbus. I paid $740 over invoice. They were ok to work with. Not as good as the guy who worked with me on a test drive at Kelly BMW in Columbus, but MAG is closer to where I live and I have a pre-existing relationship with them.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2014, 01:14 PM   #13
munch520
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '14 328i M Sport

I know this is an old topic but recently went through the buying process and here's my thoughts after it all

Kelly BMW - ended up ordering from Bill R. there, really great guy to work with. Simple process. Got about 8% off MSRP. A buddy used to work there and a neighbor is the current head of the svc department. Both of them are huge enthusiasts and take their cars very seriously. Apparently Kelly has a reputation for having a great svc dept, we'll see.
Dave Walter BMW (Akron) - very attentive guys and very competitive. Didn't end up going with them just because of distance.
MAG - yikes. Very hard to work with on numbers and very slow to respond with requests. It took over a week to get pricing and they were completely unwilling to share detalis on the numbers (MF for instance). Even when asked. "There are too many variables when it comes to financing. It's hard to understand." HA!
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2014, 02:15 PM   #14
n55x3
Captain
Rep
Drives: n55 BMWs

Bought out last 2 cars from Voss Village BMW. They are really good to work with, Excellent Sales (Dave Lee manager) and Service. Never really had any issues with them and definitely plan on going back again when it's time to upgrade.

Sales I felt they were competitive compared to other local BMW dealers but their Service is awesome. They are really flexible, always provide great loaner, and are willing to work with me and actually discuss things when I bring in a list possible issues. They also have one of the best tire mounting machines and balancers in the SW Ohio area so I have them do all my tire work as well.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2014, 05:37 PM   #15
markbridge
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW; 2017 M-B SL450

Glad things worked out for you at Kelly's. I picked up a 335GT from Dave Walter two weeks ago. I'm in Marietta, so it was quite a drive, but worth it. Dave Theado is very easy to work with. I ordered what I wanted rather than choose a unit in stock. My only complaint is with my CA. She wasn't the best at keeping me informed as to what was going on. But, all in all, I am very pleased with the buying experience.

I will probably have mine serviced at Kelly's.
Appreciate 0