F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Optometrists?
proTUNING Freaks

11-19-2016, 08:22 PM   #23
Needbmwpartzz
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 bmw 328i x-drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30lolz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Needbmwpartzz View Post
Any optometrists in here,
I was just diagnosed with astigmatism
And my prescription is OD-0.25-0.75
OS Plano-0.75x005
How is it that only now am I having Vision problems if this developed in childhood.
TIA
OP, my wife was an ophthalmic technician. Here is her reply:

Your dioptres do not seem to be that high to be required to wear a rx. Hence the reason as to why you have not needed and rx till now. Your OD rx is just to level out both eyes. Your OS is the weaker eye, which if anything would require the rx. What you could have is convergence insufficiency, which as a child you can accommodate. If you have seen an ophthalmologist and not an optician as a child, they would not prescribe an rx as this can weaken the muscle of the eye. The recommendation for that is "pencil pushups". However, in order to better assist I would need to know if your symptoms are only blurred vision, or somewhat more. Also, I would also need to know your age because after a certain age our lenses loses its flexibility and leads us getting blurred vision.
Thank you for your reply!
Yes I have been having blurred/fuzzy vision in my right eye mostly and the OD explained it exactly as mentioned with one eye compensates for another and now it seems to not compensate sometimes.
Im in late 30s now don't ever remember having vision problems except having light sensitivity and for that I always wore sunglasses.
The floaters thing is interesting to me but I'm torn about if that's the issue and not the eye compensating sporadically... but the Image of my retina taken by OD shows some concern to refer me to ophthalmologist and will just have to wait and see what his findings are.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2016, 10:12 PM   #24
eluded
2JZ-GTE
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: 340 6MT, 50e, others

Yes. Could be getting to that age. Your eye muscles start having more issues, it's one reason people can't read up close once they hit their 40s. There's a reason they say it's all downhill after 40.
Appreciate 0