F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > HOW TO/DIY: Enable Driving Mode Configuration/Sport Steering w/ Comfort Throttle!
European Auto Source
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-20-2015, 12:37 AM   #45
rustyminded
Major
rustyminded's Avatar
113
Rep
1,466
Posts

Drives: BMW 328i
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: C

iTrader: (0)

yup Ican confirm as well coded "macro_fds" & three modes are working. mine is European as well !
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2015, 05:21 PM   #46
robg
New Member
2
Rep
29
Posts

Drives: bmw 335i
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: new york

iTrader: (0)

Just tried this on my 2014 F10 that had been flashed w/ the latest software i-level (2.55.1). Didn't work unfortunately. I knew it didn't bode well when FA coding the NBT with zeitcriterium of 0714 didn't automatically enable MACRO_FDS. Manually enabled it via FDL coding and also FA coded the ICM module but same old thing: menu appears but i can't select the other options.

Guess they didn't make this change on the F10. Haven't actually had a chance to try out a 2015 F10 to see if that's indeed the case. And I don't think FA coding NBT to make it think its in an f30 would be a good idea.

I am half tempted to FA code in one of the dynamic suspension options to see what happens, but I'm sure that would unleash all sorts of nasty errors.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2015, 10:22 PM   #47
smithf80
Brigadier General
smithf80's Avatar
United_States
930
Rep
4,162
Posts

Drives: '16 F80 M3 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Long Island, NY

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to smithf80
Quote:
Originally Posted by robg View Post
Just tried this on my 2014 F10 that had been flashed w/ the latest software i-level (2.55.1). Didn't work unfortunately. I knew it didn't bode well when FA coding the NBT with zeitcriterium of 0714 didn't automatically enable MACRO_FDS. Manually enabled it via FDL coding and also FA coded the ICM module but same old thing: menu appears but i can't select the other options.

Guess they didn't make this change on the F10. Haven't actually had a chance to try out a 2015 F10 to see if that's indeed the case. And I don't think FA coding NBT to make it think its in an f30 would be a good idea.

I am half tempted to FA code in one of the dynamic suspension options to see what happens, but I'm sure that would unleash all sorts of nasty errors.
The NBT wouldn't think that it is an F30 if you FA code it lol.

Do you not have FEM_BODY? You need to do that too. I just honestly forget whether or not the 5er's still have the FRM and CAS or if they have FEM.
__________________

2017 6MT F80 M3 - Mineral Grey over Sakhir - Executive & Lighting Packages, 19" Wheels
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2015, 10:22 PM   #48
robg
New Member
2
Rep
29
Posts

Drives: bmw 335i
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: new york

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithf32 View Post
The NBT wouldn't think that it is an F30 if you FA code it lol.

Do you not have FEM_BODY? You need to do that too. I just honestly forget whether or not the 5er's still have the FRM and CAS or if they have FEM.
THey have FRM and CAS; no FEM_BODY.

I can give it a shot, but I'm not too hopeful. If it was going to work, I would think that coding the NBT should've automatically enabled the driving mode menu (MACRO_FDS), but it did not; I had to do that manually via FDL coding. Thinking they didn't make this change for 2015 F10s as they did for F30s.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2015, 01:06 PM   #49
Halsifer
Captain
Halsifer's Avatar
Germany
142
Rep
640
Posts

Drives: 2014 335i xDrive M-Sport
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Nürnberg, Bavaria

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by robg View Post
THey have FRM and CAS; no FEM_BODY.

I can give it a shot, but I'm not too hopeful. If it was going to work, I would think that coding the NBT should've automatically enabled the driving mode menu (MACRO_FDS), but it did not; I had to do that manually via FDL coding. Thinking they didn't make this change for 2015 F10s as they did for F30s.
Well, I'm not sure about if they added it to the F10's or not. However if they did, you may need to use a later production code. Just because 0714 works for F30 making it think it's a 2015, it doesn't mean that's the same code to use for the F10. Find a 2015 F10, see if it has it, and if it does, code FRM, CAS, ICM, and HU_NBT using that production date.
__________________
2014 BMW 335i xDrive Alpine White ---- M-Sport/Premium/Cold Weather/Technology/HK/Driver Assist+/Active High Beam/8AT Sport
2010 Audi A6 3.0T [Sold]
2011 Ford Mustang 3.7L V6 [Sold]
2003 BMW e46 325i [Sold]
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2015, 10:43 PM   #50
robg
New Member
2
Rep
29
Posts

Drives: bmw 335i
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: new york

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsifer
Quote:
Originally Posted by robg View Post
THey have FRM and CAS; no FEM_BODY.

I can give it a shot, but I'm not too hopeful. If it was going to work, I would think that coding the NBT should've automatically enabled the driving mode menu (MACRO_FDS), but it did not; I had to do that manually via FDL coding. Thinking they didn't make this change for 2015 F10s as they did for F30s.
Well, I'm not sure about if they added it to the F10's or not. However if they did, you may need to use a later production code. Just because 0714 works for F30 making it think it's a 2015, it doesn't mean that's the same code to use for the F10. Find a 2015 F10, see if it has it, and if it does, code FRM, CAS, ICM, and HU_NBT using that production date.
Yeah I will try to do that. Was at the dealer the other day but of course the cars in the showroom dont have the keys in them.

I did notice that my idrive displays tire pressures after changing the date. That's a 2015 feature...
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2015, 06:19 AM   #51
SonnyBBQ
New Member
SonnyBBQ's Avatar
0
Rep
15
Posts

Drives: Mineral Grey F31 Sport Line
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by beppeM3+123d View Post
@Terabyte can you share your build date, chassis, and what have you coded to make it work? I am european too with f32 3/14. Actually i have the setup possibility screen enabled but i cant move the flag.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robg View Post
Just tried this on my 2014 F10 that had been flashed w/ the latest software i-level (2.55.1). Didn't work unfortunately. I knew it didn't bode well when FA coding the NBT with zeitcriterium of 0714 didn't automatically enable MACRO_FDS. Manually enabled it via FDL coding and also FA coded the ICM module but same old thing: menu appears but i can't select the other options.
I have a 04/14 built F31. Followed all the steps from the OP to change date to 07/14, but didn't do anything. I then FDL coded in the MACRO_FDS. This gave me the menu, with all options in white, but I cannot select any.

Any other ideas guys?
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2015, 09:06 PM   #52
robg
New Member
2
Rep
29
Posts

Drives: bmw 335i
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: new york

iTrader: (0)

Great news, I finally got this working on my 2014 528 through FDL coding!

I FDL coded the ICM module and changed Icmkod_b_sportsindividualisierbar to ein (werte 01). Lo and behold, the menu now works! (I had already coded MACRO_FDS in HU_NBT to "popup_and_configure" previously). Now I can enjoy sport steering without the touchy throttle just like you guys.

I suspect this is all that you need to do on any NBT equipped car to get it working (though FA coding the build date sounds like it works nicely for the F30). And the setting name (in English) makes sense: "Sport Personalization" (or something like that).

Sonny- try it and see if it works for you too...
Appreciate 1
      04-08-2015, 10:11 AM   #53
smithf80
Brigadier General
smithf80's Avatar
United_States
930
Rep
4,162
Posts

Drives: '16 F80 M3 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Long Island, NY

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to smithf80
Quote:
Originally Posted by robg View Post
Great news, I finally got this working on my 2014 528 through FDL coding!

I FDL coded the ICM module and changed Icmkod_b_sportsindividualisierbar to ein (werte 01). Lo and behold, the menu now works! (I had already coded MACRO_FDS in HU_NBT to "popup_and_configure" previously). Now I can enjoy sport steering without the touchy throttle just like you guys.

I suspect this is all that you need to do on any NBT equipped car to get it working (though FA coding the build date sounds like it works nicely for the F30). And the setting name (in English) makes sense: "Sport Personalization" (or something like that).

Sonny- try it and see if it works for you too...
That's awesome!! I knew it had to be something, I just really didn't have the time to get out there and figure it out with work and all.

Glad you were able to find the FDL code that the FA coding was doing.

I'm shocked I didn't see that in there and try it, I've been thru all of the modules several times lol.
__________________

2017 6MT F80 M3 - Mineral Grey over Sakhir - Executive & Lighting Packages, 19" Wheels
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2015, 10:22 AM   #54
williammm
Private First Class
2
Rep
110
Posts

Drives: F30 328i
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Singapore

iTrader: (1)

For CIC, its also done the same way?
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2015, 10:52 AM   #55
robg
New Member
2
Rep
29
Posts

Drives: bmw 335i
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: new york

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by williammm
For CIC, its also done the same way?
No - for cic you only need to code the macro_fds parameter on hu_cic. No need for these shenanigans
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2015, 10:56 AM   #56
smithf80
Brigadier General
smithf80's Avatar
United_States
930
Rep
4,162
Posts

Drives: '16 F80 M3 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Long Island, NY

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to smithf80
Quote:
Originally Posted by robg View Post
No need for these shenanigans
__________________

2017 6MT F80 M3 - Mineral Grey over Sakhir - Executive & Lighting Packages, 19" Wheels
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2015, 11:06 AM   #57
chalooch101
Registered
0
Rep
4
Posts

Drives: 428
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: pa

iTrader: (0)

after performing the VO code will this reset other fdl coding changes to their default values?
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2015, 11:12 AM   #58
smithf80
Brigadier General
smithf80's Avatar
United_States
930
Rep
4,162
Posts

Drives: '16 F80 M3 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Long Island, NY

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to smithf80
Quote:
Originally Posted by chalooch101 View Post
after performing the VO code will this reset other fdl coding changes to their default values?
Yes
__________________

2017 6MT F80 M3 - Mineral Grey over Sakhir - Executive & Lighting Packages, 19" Wheels
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2015, 11:18 AM   #59
chalooch101
Registered
0
Rep
4
Posts

Drives: 428
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: pa

iTrader: (0)

is there a quick way to restore the values i had made changes to without changing each one again individually
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2015, 01:00 PM   #60
SonnyBBQ
New Member
SonnyBBQ's Avatar
0
Rep
15
Posts

Drives: Mineral Grey F31 Sport Line
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by robg View Post

I FDL coded the ICM module and changed Icmkod_b_sportsindividualisierbar to ein (werte 01). Lo and behold, the menu now works! (I had already coded MACRO_FDS in HU_NBT to "popup_and_configure" previously). Now I can enjoy sport steering without the touchy throttle just like you guys.

Sonny- try it and see if it works for you too...
^^ This worked for me... Thanks man.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2015, 12:33 AM   #61
chalooch101
Registered
0
Rep
4
Posts

Drives: 428
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: pa

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by robg View Post
Great news, I finally got this working on my 2014 528 through FDL coding!

I FDL coded the ICM module and changed Icmkod_b_sportsindividualisierbar to ein (werte 01). Lo and behold, the menu now works! (I had already coded MACRO_FDS in HU_NBT to "popup_and_configure" previously). Now I can enjoy sport steering without the touchy throttle just like you guys.

I suspect this is all that you need to do on any NBT equipped car to get it working (though FA coding the build date sounds like it works nicely for the F30). And the setting name (in English) makes sense: "Sport Personalization" (or something like that).

Sonny- try it and see if it works for you too...

can this method be done instead of the VO coding method originally described for 2014 F32?
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2015, 01:27 AM   #62
fea30boy
Private
fea30boy's Avatar
1
Rep
55
Posts

Drives: F30 320i
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Brazil

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by robg
Great news, I finally got this working on my 2014 528 through FDL coding!

I FDL coded the ICM module and changed Icmkod_b_sportsindividualisierbar to ein (werte 01). Lo and behold, the menu now works! (I had already coded MACRO_FDS in HU_NBT to "popup_and_configure" previously). Now I can enjoy sport steering without the touchy throttle just like you guys.

I suspect this is all that you need to do on any NBT equipped car to get it working (though FA coding the build date sounds like it works nicely for the F30). And the setting name (in English) makes sense: "Sport Personalization" (or something like that).

Sonny- try it and see if it works for you too...
Worked here too! 2014 F30, without the VO coding
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2015, 05:24 PM   #63
tallshortguy
First Lieutenant
31
Rep
366
Posts

Drives: F30 328i
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: US

iTrader: (0)

I have followed the instructions and I initially got a chassis stabilization warning but no new menu option under settings has appeared. Do I need the newest iDrive update? I have a 2014 car and don't have the newest firmware either.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2015, 05:51 PM   #64
smithf80
Brigadier General
smithf80's Avatar
United_States
930
Rep
4,162
Posts

Drives: '16 F80 M3 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Long Island, NY

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to smithf80
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallshortguy View Post
I have followed the instructions and I initially got a chassis stabilization warning but no new menu option under settings has appeared. Do I need the newest iDrive update? I have a 2014 car and don't have the newest firmware either.
The newest update blocks coding.

Try coding Icmkod_b_sportsindividualisierbar to Ein in the ICM

and Macro_FDS in the HU_NBT to popup_and_configure

If you don't have the first code in your ICM I assume that might mean it was not included in your software version. Let us know what happens.
__________________

2017 6MT F80 M3 - Mineral Grey over Sakhir - Executive & Lighting Packages, 19" Wheels
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2015, 08:35 AM   #65
RSnic
Lieutenant
RSnic's Avatar
United_States
83
Rep
498
Posts

Drives: 2014 328i
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Virginia

iTrader: (0)

Hi,

I have a 2014 F30 (build date 7/13) with manual transmission, "standard" steering, suspension & brakes.

Am wondering if this great "find" will work on my car and if it will enable me to "adjust" steering & suspension?

BTW, have the cited functions in both ICM & HU_NBT

Appreciate your thoughts -- if it does, will definitely code this in.

Thank you very much
__________________
Al


2014 328i | Technology | Premium | Cold Weather | Harmon Kardon Audio | Manual|
Mods: Trunk spoiler| Rear & Side cameras| Both PDCs|
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2015, 05:35 PM   #66
tallshortguy
First Lieutenant
31
Rep
366
Posts

Drives: F30 328i
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: US

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithf32 View Post
The newest update blocks coding.

Try coding Icmkod_b_sportsindividualisierbar to Ein in the ICM

and Macro_FDS in the HU_NBT to popup_and_configure

If you don't have the first code in your ICM I assume that might mean it was not included in your software version. Let us know what happens.
This seems to have worked, thanks! Seems like the newer firmware is required for this to work.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:30 AM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST