F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > Lane departure sense grass and curbs?
GetBMWParts

09-02-2017, 06:17 PM   #1
440GCSTL
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 440 Gran Coupe

Lane departure sense grass and curbs?

Anyone code for this? How do you like it?

On a related note is there an easy way to turn on overhead view when backing up to parallel park? I've been bumping idrive controller to left and then scrolling down to turn off rear view but that seems a little cumbersome to make those changes while parking.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2017, 02:45 AM   #2
Almaretto
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Coded '16 F10/F15 MSport

You code DA+ camera ECU to add additional markers.

Unfortunately, you have to end up getting really close to curb, risking curbing rims, to test.

View is software locked. Some chassis/firmware will remember last view while others do not.
Appreciate 1
      09-03-2017, 11:56 AM   #3
440GCSTL
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Too bad you can't code turning off rear view camera with a memory location so that it could be a one button change.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2017, 12:52 AM   #4
Almaretto
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 440GCSTL View Post
Too bad you can't code turning off rear view camera with a memory location so that it could be a one button change.
That is a G30 function.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2017, 02:03 PM   #5
Almaretto
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Cameras turn off on their own unless coded for any speed/distance.

You do not have to use a memory button. You just pick any other screen (eg Nav) and CID will switch to that display.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2017, 06:48 PM   #6
440GCSTL
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almaretto View Post
Cameras turn off on their own unless coded for any speed/distance.

You do not have to use a memory button. You just pick any other screen (eg Nav) and CID will switch to that display.
When I go into reverse I see rear view and if I hit any other screen like Nav I get Nav and split screen with a compass as I have turning directions turned on in Nav. If I turn off split screen I purely have all Nav in reverse.

Just to clarify what I'm looking to get is overhead view in one button when backing up instead of rear view. Love the rear view for general backing up but I like the overhead for parallel parking.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2017, 06:57 PM   #7
Almaretto
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
When I go into reverse I see rear view and if I hit any other screen like Nav I get Nav and split screen with a compass as I have turning directions turned on in Nav. If I turn off split screen I purely have all Nav in reverse.

Just to clarify what I'm looking to get is overhead view in one button when backing up instead of rear view. Love the rear view for general backing up but I like the overhead for parallel parking.
My cars default to last view (top or rearview) when I go into reverse. I keep mine in topview for parallel parking.

There is no coding, of which I am aware, that will force this functionality.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2017, 07:14 PM   #8
440GCSTL
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Did some additional digging and it looks like I'm not the only one this annoys. Sounds like you used to be able to purely click the top of the iDrive controller and toggle back and forth between top and rear view. Why in the world someone changed that is beyond me. Just makes no sense when using that to parallel park that you have to left click and then uncheck a box. To me there should be a setting to split screen rear and top views.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2017, 07:18 PM   #9
Almaretto
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Did some additional digging and it looks like I'm not the only one this annoys. Sounds like you used to be able to purely click the top of the iDrive controller and toggle back and forth between top and rear view. Why in the world someone changed that is beyond me. Just makes no sense when using that to parallel park that you have to left click and then uncheck a box. To me there should be a setting to split screen rear and top views.
With IDrive 4 it is simple toggle. Newer systems it unfortunately is not.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2017, 01:19 PM   #10
440GCSTL
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

After needing to park a several times in the last few days it's just crazy how nice that top view is. I've always considered myself about as good as it gets on parallel parking but this just takes the cake on being able to see exactly where the curb is at.

Now if i can just get my wife on board with how to work the iDrive controller to get to the top view I'll have it made.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2017, 01:30 PM   #11
Almaretto
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
After needing to park a several times in the last few days it's just crazy how nice that top view is. I've always considered myself about as good as it gets on parallel parking but this just takes the cake on being able to see exactly where the curb is at.

Now if i can just get my wife on board with how to work the iDrive controller to get to the top view I'll have it made.
Agreed. No excuse for curbing tires with surround view and passenger tilting mirrors.
Appreciate 0