F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > M Sport Finance deal?
ARMA SPEED

08-24-2012, 02:16 AM   #1
penguin_of_death
Often described as A Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: f30, e87, e60

M Sport Finance deal?

In the beginning BMW created 'The Car'. It was a front mounted petrol engine (preferably straight 6) RWD Manual. I bought one, and decreed that anything contrary to this golden formula was an abomination and would be discredited for eternity................

..why oh why am I now considering a 4 pot diesel auto???

Anyway, I see that BMW are advertising 3.9% APR on some f30 finance offers. Has anybody been able to get this rate for the 320d or 330d M sport models?

I'm going into my local dealership this weekend to see what i can get.

Last edited by penguin_of_death; 08-24-2012 at 03:24 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2012, 02:26 AM   #2
ScotX5
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5

Yes got the 3.9% on a 320d. Was expecting September delivery however its been pushed back to October due to availability of the wheels I have spec'd.

Anyway nice saving on the apr compared to the 9.9% i am paying on a f25 x3.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2012, 03:12 AM   #3
rjberry
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 340i Ruby Red II

Yes, I've also got the 3.9% on my 320d M Sport.

When the promotional rate came out I was told it was for standard cars not factory builds but my dealer was some how able to reduce my quoted APR to the lower rate. Amazing what they can do when pushed a bit
      08-24-2012, 03:27 AM   #4
Sparkyq
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport

I was offered 3.9% deal on the 330d M Sport a factory order, however the actual price was a bit high compared to the discount I would expect so the APR becomes immaterial.. I went with PCH in the end anyway.. there were some amazing deals in the last few weeks
      08-24-2012, 03:47 AM   #5
penguin_of_death
United Kingdom
Rep

Thanks,

looks like there are some deals to be had. Would prefer not to go down the hire route though as knowing me i'll want to keep it at the end. (i'm right in thinking there is no purchase option with PCH?)

I'm hoping I can afford the 330 as the figures are incredible and would prefer to maintain some creditibilty following my opening rant!

I've got the 525i as deposit (hopeful at £4,500) and don't really want to go much above £400/month.

Am I being optimistic?
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2012, 04:18 AM   #6
MaestroAl
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkyq View Post
I was offered 3.9% deal on the 330d M Sport a factory order, however the actual price was a bit high compared to the discount I would expect so the APR becomes immaterial.. I went with PCH in the end anyway.. there were some amazing deals in the last few weeks
Yup and the base rate went up by £30 a month in the last few days for a 330D
      08-24-2012, 07:33 AM   #7
dopper99
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Golf R Mk8

I'm still waiting for an email or contact from the dealer where I brought mine from (about 1 hour away from where I live). This is for a decent deal and part ex on a 330d M Sport. Still waiting.

Well, fed up with waiting I've just been down down my local dealer for a chat. Because I've told them I'm waiting for figures from the other place, they were not prepared to give me any figures until I had something back from the first place. How hard can this be?

They also said it was unlikely I'd get any serious kind of discount as this model is not out yet.
They also told me if I ordered it today, I would not see it until early Feb next year.
I mentioned the prices at Broadspeed and he insisted that no-one would get that kind of money off (£4K+ for 330d) buying at Broadspeed. And you guys recon you've been offered 8-10% off from a dealer?

It just gets hard work.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2012, 07:38 AM   #8
dopper99
Lieutenant General
Rep

One thing he did tell me is that the headlamp assist is much improved. He said if you are following a car it creates like a "box" so the guy in front doesnt get dazzled. This means there is still full beam either side of the car in front, just not directly on him. Sounds neat.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2012, 07:50 AM   #9
MaestroAl
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopper99 View Post
One thing he did tell me is that the headlamp assist is much improved. He said if you are following a car it creates like a "box" so the guy in front doesnt get dazzled. This means there is still full beam either side of the car in front, just not directly on him. Sounds neat.
Never heard that before - can't wait to see a vid or something of that in action
      08-24-2012, 08:00 AM   #10
dopper99
Lieutenant General
Rep

He actually showed me a You Tube vid of it. But it wasnt an official BMW vid, but he said it worked the same way. I'll have to see if I can find it.....

Another thing I asked him is how come the 330d 0-62 is less than the E90 335d. He couldnt answer and kept going on about how engines had improved etc.... twin scroll turbos....etc... In all fairness I dont think they know a lot about it as its so new.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2012, 09:04 AM   #11
MaestroAl
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

8 Speed Auto is the answer The power and torque are very, very close to the old 335D and the new auto box is infinitely better
      08-24-2012, 10:36 AM   #12
penguin_of_death
United Kingdom
Rep

Just been into the local dealer to do a quick check on financials.

you can get 3.9%apr on any F30 diesel until at least the end of the month, although he thought this would probaly run into next month.

Most I could talk him down from list price on a fairly low spec 330d M Sport was 4%. Which would give me a deal on 48mnths of ~£550pcm based on deposit, mileage, etc.

Could negotiate more off a 320d M Sport, about 7-8% which may be workable for me. Even so, you can see why people are attracted to 3rd party lease deals when you can get a basic 330d M Sport on a 2yr deal for under £350pcm.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2012, 10:38 AM   #13
rjberry
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 340i Ruby Red II

Quote:
They also said it was unlikely I'd get any serious kind of discount as this model is not out yet.
I'm not sure if that isn't just a bit of dealer speak. When I ordered my 320 M Sport they weren't out until the July but I still managed to get a good discount. New models may reduce the amount of discount and I'm sure if I ordered the same car now I could have got more discount but at the time I ordered I was very happy with the deal I got.

It's strange that the second dealership won't give you any figures yet. Maybe they don't want to give too much off and want to see how far the other dealership is prepared to go first.

Keep going, the wait is worth it
      08-24-2012, 11:01 AM   #14
MaestroAl
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin_of_death View Post
Even so, you can see why people are attracted to 3rd party lease deals when you can get a basic 330d M Sport on a 2yr deal for under £350pcm.
Don't be fooled by "headlines figures" Once you get to a sensible package, it's lots more. I managed to get a base model 330D M Sport to £460pcm for a fully maintained lease with all the trimmings (and let's face it, you want all the trimmings or you're not a lease person) lease deal with 15kmpa allowance.

Yes, leasing is waaaay better than purchase unless you actually want a depreciating asset, have the cash in hand or intend to keep the car for a very long time. This is mostly because the lease company is paying nothing like list price for your car. They're buying it almost at cost and so you "save" loads of money for doing nothing. From my best endeavours to find out from peopl int he industry, I figured my £42,480 car probably cost the lease company somewhere around 36/37k. That's basic model money.

I worked out what it would cost me in totality for my 2 yrs lease and then if I bought the car at the end of the deal for market price ... it was less than buying the car with cash.
      08-24-2012, 01:00 PM   #15
dopper99
Lieutenant General
Rep

I think you are right....leasing sounds the way to go. I rang up the lease company that TMP is getting his car from. They said they only had a couple of 330d's left. One at £339 a month but as standard spec and no options and another with 19" wheels and pro media for about £380 a month. Neither of these appeal to me but goes to show what deals you can get.

Can anyone recommend any other good lease deals at the mo for a 330d M Sport?

Anyway, so as mentioned above I finally got the figures through for a new 330d M Sport. Bit of a waste of time as there WAS NO money knocked off whatsoever off list price. The only good thing was the 3.9% APR but the monthly's are too steep for what I want to pay. They also said they have given me an "over allowance on your part exchange which has giving you an increased deposit". Still didnt look great to me.

Maybe a good lease deal is the way to go, however, I'd like around £5K's worth of options which will push it up considerably?
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2012, 03:45 PM   #16
derekh929
Major
Scotland
Rep
Drives: AMG C63s Coupe & F56 JCW

Quote:
I think you are right....leasing sounds the way to go. I rang up the lease company that TMP is getting his car from. They said they only had a couple of 330d's left. One at £339 a month but as standard spec and no options and another with 19" wheels and pro media for about £380 a month. Neither of these appeal to me but goes to show what deals you can get.

Anyway, so as mentioned above I finally got the figures through for a new 330d M Sport. Bit of a waste of time as there WAS NO money knocked off whatsoever off list price. The only good thing was the 3.9% APR but the monthly's are too steep for what I want to pay. They also said they have given me an "over allowance on your part exchange which has giving you an increased deposit". Still didnt look great to me.

Maybe a good lease deal is the way to go, however, I'd like around £5K's worth of options which will push it up considerably?
As said above as soon as they see you set to deal the price will tumble i got offered £3250 disc without asking on 328i M Sport with £3k extra's so likely alot more to be got
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2012, 03:47 PM   #17
TMP
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopper99

Yeah I spoke to my lee company yesterday to get an update on delivery. They said on Monday the rates had gone up £30 and now the deal is stopped (except for those two cars they have left).

Shame mate!
      08-24-2012, 04:05 PM   #18
dopper99
Lieutenant General
Rep

No worries. I would like visibility pack (or at least xenons), heated seats, folding mirrors, rear tinted windows and possibly adaptive suspension - but sadly they couldnt offer none of that.

Great deal though if you want a standard spec - which isnt at all shoddy with the new F30 330d. ie leather seats, bluetooth and USB as standard. Cost me well over £1500 as options on my current car.

Edit, just looked up my original order on my E90 and was precisely £1800 for them 3 alone. I think at the moment the F30 330d price is very good value for money, given the extras they have put on it and no dearer then the E90 330d, taking into account the above.

Last edited by dopper99; 08-24-2012 at 04:13 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2012, 05:48 PM   #19
andymj
Second Lieutenant
Wales
Rep
Drives: F31 340i

Folks, if you wanna feel better, feel for us company car drivers. My 330d Touring coming in Oct is in excess of £600 a month. OK that's got a few extras like e pro media pack, Xenons, parking and adaptive suspension. It also includes maintenance, insurance and tyres.

And that amount is only going to go up in the next couple of years. And the lease is only for 2 years.

I guess that's the price I pay for not having to put down any deposit and being able to really use the car and not have to worry about tyres
2012 BMW 330d .. gone
2009 MB C250 .. gone
Appreciate 0