F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Getting dealer to reprogram ASS
Studio RSR

08-14-2012, 06:27 AM   #1
TonyS
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

Getting dealer to reprogram ASS

Has anyone in the UK had experience of their dealer reprogramming the Auto Stop Start to remember the last setting used rather than defaulting to "on" every time you start up? I.E. as per the service bulletin mentioned here:
http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=729556

My dealer denies all knowledge of such service bulletin, which made me wonder if it's only valid for US cars.

I know I can code it myself but if I can get the dealer to do it for free and avoid having to buy a coding cable...

Anyone got any input I can take along to my dealer?
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2012, 09:15 AM   #2
cwhitehe
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW - G20 330e M Sport Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyS View Post
Has anyone in the UK had experience of their dealer reprogramming the Auto Stop Start to remember the last setting used rather than defaulting to "on" every time you start up? I.E. as per the service bulletin mentioned here:
http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=729556

My dealer denies all knowledge of such service bulletin, which made me wonder if it's only valid for US cars.

I know I can code it myself but if I can get the dealer to do it for free and avoid having to buy a coding cable...

Anyone got any input I can take along to my dealer?
I just asked my local dealer and gave them the service bulletin and they also could not find anything about this.

Has anyone had any success from a UK dealer?
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2012, 12:46 PM   #3
NISFAN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

I might be totally wrong here, but imagine there could be ( at least in europe) a requirement to keep ASS enabled. The car CO2 output is homologated with the ASS in operation. If you could by-pass that it might be seen as cheating the test.

Of course in the US CO2 is less of a big deal.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2012, 01:26 PM   #4
TonyS
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by NISFAN View Post
I might be totally wrong here, but imagine there could be ( at least in europe) a requirement to keep ASS enabled. The car CO2 output is homologated with the ASS in operation. If you could by-pass that it might be seen as cheating the test.
I would doubt that, as I can bypass ASS by just manually turning it off each time. If it was "cheating" to bypass it then I suspect that they wouldn't give you the option of turning it off in the first place.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2012, 02:01 PM   #5
NISFAN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

There are occasions when you would want to switch it off, but the default will still be on....pretty much like sport mode.
Appreciate 0