F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Folding Mirrors
GetBMWParts

08-28-2012, 07:16 PM   #1
BimmerMad
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 3 wheeler

Folding Mirrors

My mum's 320d M Sport is being collected on Saturday. When we went to view it I noticed that the door mirrors don't fold when you lock and unlock the car. There is the button on the drivers door card to do it manually though.

I have read somewhere that when you lock the car pressing the lock button for a second or longer it folds the mirrors in. Can anyone confirm this?

Someone also said that pressing and holding the boot lid open button will close the boot but you have to keep it pressed until its fully closed. Again, can anyone confirm this?

Many thanks!
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2012, 01:31 AM   #2
Msporty
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDowson View Post
My mum's 320d M Sport is being collected on Saturday. When we went to view it I noticed that the door mirrors don't fold when you lock and unlock the car. There is the button on the drivers door card to do it manually though.

I have read somewhere that when you lock the car pressing the lock button for a second or longer it folds the mirrors in. Can anyone confirm this?

Someone also said that pressing and holding the boot lid open button will close the boot but you have to keep it pressed until its fully closed. Again, can anyone confirm this?

Many thanks!
Yep if you ticked the folding mirror option then they fold in when you lock the car and hold the lock button until they start to fold, they will then unfold when you unlock the car.

If you fold them in manually with the button on the drivers door then you have to unfold them manually, or if you forget and drive off then they unfold automatically at 20mph

Can't answer your boot question though I'm afraid
F30 320d M Sport, Alpine White, Black Dakota, 19" 403M Style Alloys, Adaptive M Sport Suspension, Xenons with Visibility Pack, Interior Comfort pack, Harman/Kardon, DAB, Servotronic Steering, Heated Steering Wheel, Folding and dimming Ext. Mirrors, Heated seats with Lumbar Support, Enhanced Bluetooth with voice control, Full black panel display
Appreciate 0