F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > 3 and 4 series LCI digital dash
Extreme Powerhouse

08-17-2017, 04:19 PM   #89
torqueflite
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 428i xDrive Conv. (F33)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson@BimmerTech View Post
It does not require ID5/ID6.
Nelson, is this a "drop-in" retrofit, or is coding / emulator required?
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2017, 04:21 PM   #90
GCinFLA
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by torqueflite View Post
Nelson, is this a "drop-in" retrofit, or is coding / emulator required?
Coding is most definitely required.

There is no 6WB section in your car's code at this point.

Assume Bimmertech does it remotely.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2017, 07:08 PM   #91
Nelson@BimmerTech
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCinFLA View Post
Coding is most definitely required.

There is no 6WB section in your car's code at this point.

Assume Bimmertech does it remotely.
That's correct. Coding will be done remotely.
Appreciate 1
jeffc83725.00
      08-18-2017, 03:10 AM   #92
x328x
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i M Sport

Quote:
That's correct. Coding will be done remotely.
Guys with whatever you bring out will you accomadate rhd market and km/h speedos.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2017, 11:09 AM   #93
GCinFLA
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by x328x View Post
Guys with whatever you bring out will you accomadate rhd market and km/h speedos.
Hmmmm

You realize what digital means as opposed to analogue?
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2017, 06:40 AM   #94
GCinFLA
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yes there will be customs/duty fee. Ships from Poland. 2-5 %.
Are these in stock or on order?

How long does it take to ship when order is placed?
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2017, 07:17 AM   #95
x328x
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Hmmmm

I do realise what digital means. I dont think u understand what i am getting at. For all I know the cluster part may be rhd specific. I assume km/h may be a codeing thing but maybe its not.

Thats why ask to accomadate rhd and km/h as the steps will differ just a tad
Appreciate 1
      08-19-2017, 09:34 AM   #96
Nelson@BimmerTech
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Are these in stock or on order?

How long does it take to ship when order is placed?
They're on order, will be shipping next Friday.
Appreciate 3
GCinFLA284.00
jeffc83725.00
      08-19-2017, 09:38 AM   #97
Nelson@BimmerTech
Banned
Rep

Quote:
I do realise what digital means. I dont think u understand what i am getting at. For all I know the cluster part may be rhd specific. I assume km/h may be a codeing thing but maybe its not.

It does not matter. It works with RHD or LHD.

Regarding km/h, it's coding.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2017, 09:45 AM   #98
GCinFLA
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:

If you had checked realoem in the time it took you to post, you would have seen it was the same part number.

And just as cars have had the ability to display C or F for decades, its a simple line of code in a digital display.

The fact that it 6WB part is not available for order in USA and all units in USA are coming in from EU, noted in several threads, should have also given you the answer.
Attached Images

Last edited by GCinFLA; 08-19-2017 at 02:34 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2017, 09:53 AM   #99
Eternal
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i xDrive

Price includes the remote coding from you guys?
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2017, 10:01 AM   #100
Nelson@BimmerTech
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal View Post
Price includes the remote coding from you guys?
Yes it does.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2017, 06:41 PM   #101
x328x
Captain
Rep

Quote:
If you had checked realoem in the time it took you to post, you would have seen it was the same part number.

And just as cars have had the ability to display C or F for decades, its a simple line of code in a digital display.

The fact that it 6WB part is not available for order in USA and all units in USA are coming in from EU, noted in several threads, should have also given you the answer.
Are you the one thats going to supply this or bimmertech. My question was to bimmertech to accomadate rhd market and thats all. In this situation its the slight difference in codeing. I am sure this was never a problem to them but i just raised the question to be sure and try not to assume anything. I dont care what you say or what you know because your not the one trying to offer this retrofit

As you are such an expert on the matter i would have thought you would have already shown off your finished retrofit. Based on another thread your getting someone else to do it. Guess your not that awsome after all. However on the slight chance you think you are ill be waiting on your detailed diy tutorial on this
Appreciate 1
      08-19-2017, 06:42 PM   #102
x328x
Captain
Rep

Quote:
It does not matter. It works with RHD or LHD.

Regarding km/h, it's coding.
Thankyou thats good to know.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2017, 07:25 PM   #103
GCinFLA
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Are you the one thats going to supply this or bimmertech. My question was to bimmertech to accomadate rhd market and thats all. In this situation its the slight difference in codeing. I am sure this was never a problem to them but i just raised the question to be sure and try not to assume anything. I dont care what you say or what you know because your not the one trying to offer this retrofit

As you are such an expert on the matter i would have thought you would have already shown off your finished retrofit. Based on another thread your getting someone else to do it. Guess your not that awsome after all. However on the slight chance you think you are ill be waiting on your detailed diy tutorial on this
As the part is not available in North America, as far as I know, no one in North America has one to retrofit.

However, that does not mean not doing a large amount of research on other 6WBs and private conversations with those who have retrofitted this unit in Europe and Asia.

Again, the part is the same, unlike the 6WA and anyone that has been in a car this Century should know different measurements standards can be done with "the flick of a switch".

If Bimmertech didn't know how to code this in C/KPH, then no one should allow them code their Car. Period. But of course they do know. So the answer to your question was obvious and essentially answered by pure logic before you posted.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2017, 08:47 PM   #104
jtskariah
Bud Light General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 CS Limerock Grey

08-20-2017, 02:44 AM   #105
x328x
Captain
Rep

Quote:
As the part is not available in North America, as far as I know, no one in North America has one to retrofit.

However, that does not mean not doing a large amount of research on other 6WBs and private conversations with those who have retrofitted this unit in Europe and Asia.

Again, the part is the same, unlike the 6WA and anyone that has been in a car this Century should know different measurements standards can be done with "the flick of a switch".

If Bimmertech didn't know how to code this in C/KPH, then no one should allow them code their Car. Period. But of course they do know. So the answer to your question was obvious and essentially answered by pure logic before you posted.

I dont need to waste my time doing large amounts of research and having private conversation when all i had to do was ask a simple question to the company that is actually planning on doing the retrofit which was accommodate rhd vehicles...whatever that entails.

I im not going to make assumptions no matter how logical or obvious u may think it is.

If you are going to respond to my question (even though it wasnt to you) at least make it useful like some of the comments you made further down the track.

When this is available in the usa i await your detailed step by step diy as you know so much
Appreciate 1
      08-20-2017, 11:51 AM   #106
GCinFLA
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I dont need to waste my time doing large amounts of research and having private conversation when all i had to do was ask a simple question to the company that is actually planning on doing the retrofit which was accommodate rhd vehicles...whatever that entails.

I im not going to make assumptions no matter how logical or obvious u may think it is.

If you are going to respond to my question (even though it wasnt to you) at least make it useful like some of the comments you made further down the track.

When this is available in the usa i await your detailed step by step diy as you know so much
With attitude like yours, when one cannot take less time to check part on realoem instead of time it took to post, I'd prefer you pay more to BimmerTech for step by step instruction instead of me wasting my time helping you.

As item is beginning to become available and BimmerTech does not have stock yet, I k ow which way I am going - and saving money in the process - as I did my homework.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2017, 12:18 PM   #107
LiquidMercury
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30

Quote:
Hmmmm

Quote:
Quote:
With attitude like yours, when one cannot take less time to check part on realoem instead of time it took to post, I'd prefer you pay more to BimmerTech for step by step instruction instead of me wasting my time helping you.
Quote:
So the answer to your question was obvious and essentially answered by pure logic before you posted.
Irony. You do realize what you think is helpful advice is to others, utterly condescending and pretentious replies, no? Well, now you do and you're welcome. It's obvious to others (you'll just have to trust me here ).

Didn't see any attitude that wasn't deserved outside of your initial shitty first reply that set the tone. Not the first time I've seen you act this way and I'm betting it won't be the last. You don't come across as a person that can take criticism and grow, only retort in a pissier and pissier way. Any pickle, happy to call you out so you're now at least aware quite a few here think the same. Keep on being you bud. Seems to be working. Irrelevant to me if you care or take any of this as a learning lesson for yourself.
Appreciate 1
smallba73.00
      08-20-2017, 12:43 PM   #108
GCinFLA
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidMercury View Post
Irony. You do realize what you think is helpful advice is to others, utterly condescending and pretentious replies, no? Well, now you do and you're welcome. It's obvious to others (you'll just have to trust me here ).

Didn't see any attitude that wasn't deserved outside of your initial shitty first reply that set the tone. Not the first time I've seen you act this way and I'm betting it won't be the last. You don't come across as a person that can take criticism and grow, only retort in a pissier and pissier way. Any pickle, happy to call you out so you're now at least aware quite a few here think the same. Keep on being you bud. Seems to be working. Irrelevant to me if you care or take any of this as a learning lesson for yourself.

Correct. I have little respect for those that can find answer via google in 30 seconds vs 3 minutes to type a question in forum and then wait hours or days for response...or better yet, use some common sense.

That goes for common sense as well.

BMW is not going to create a separate [B]digital[B] dash for EU/USA LH/RH cars as they are all for standardizing parts.

One simply needs to look at RHD Automatic Gear Shift to see button on wrong side to know BMW will try to keep parts to the minimum for RHD cars.

The forum is a great asset for beyond the basics. But one should use common sense (especially as many post are not correct).

In this case, a simple look at realoem and seeing the same part number would have told the tale faster than it took to post in forum.

Sorry if that insults you.

BTW, noticed no thanks from you when I posted about user @sungwyu who tried to rip you off.

http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...4#post22084154

Oh well.

Last edited by GCinFLA; 08-20-2017 at 12:48 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2017, 04:28 PM   #109
Icydubloon
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i

Quote:
Yes we do

Price is $1599 shipped.
Get your wallets ready gentlemen
Appreciate 1
vp59.00
      08-20-2017, 05:04 PM   #110
x328x
Captain
Rep

Quote:

As item is beginning to become available and BimmerTech does not have stock yet, I k ow which way I am going - and saving money in the process - as I did my homework.
Hahahaha ok
Appreciate 0