F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > Sport+ Coding
Extreme Powerhouse

06-09-2014, 10:22 PM   #133
marcoac14
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TractionControl=OFF View Post
So it is bad for transmission or injectors?? I had injector problems after installing sport plus And sat.
What injector? You mean fuel injector? Don't think this is related to SAT.
Transmission issues? Read the following post.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2014, 10:33 PM   #134
marcoac14
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timur View Post
Kicks are normal for SAT, you will get uset to it
Hey Timur,

I know a guy who coded 2TB and tried to use the launch control.
Something went terribly bad. He heard a loud noise coming from the rear as something had cracked.

He sent the car to the dealership and this guy has not confirmed yet but they suspect it's one of the rear shafts. Sad

I'm not saying that launch control will ALWAYS cause this kind of issue as this may have been caused by bad batch.

You guys who use the launch control frequently should be careful.
Actually I don't see any reason to use the launch control because it puts too much stress on the drivetrain due to high low end torque figures and heavy weight.

We have an automatic gearbox and no matter what it'll always launch like a fat turtle.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2014, 08:10 AM   #135
kobebrain
Enlisted Member
Italy
Rep
Drives: F31 Sport Line

Hi
I've a F31 316d Sport Line bul date 12/2013. I already have sport, and sport +. So i already have the SAT and lunch control?
If not what i've to code?
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2014, 07:36 AM   #136
The Nerd
Major
Rep
Drives: 22 M3 Comp xDrive

This is the one area that still irks me because my CA lead me astray when I ordered my car....telling me the Sport Auto was simply the "gimmick" of paddles and that was all it was. It was almost as if he was telling me it was a waste....I didn't realize the part about faster (or snappier) shifts!

Anyway....I have a 2013 Sportline 335i with the MPPK. I already have Sport+ and the ability for the gear selection to show up on the dash (M1, M2, etc) when I'm shifting manually with the stick to the left. It sounds like most people writing on here DON'T have these things and want them coded....does my car already have the Sport Auto? More importantly....if I try to have the Sport Auto coded (assuming I don't have it), I have a few questions:

1) It seems the coding suggested on this thread provides Sport+ as part of the Sport Auto upgrade....would the fact that I already have Sport+ goof something up with the coding (trying to add something I already have)? Same question can be asked about the manual shift notations that already show up on my dash (M1, M2, etc.).

2) Would coding the Sport Auto jeopardize or affect my MPPK? Is it possible the MPPK already offers some options from the Sport Auto....thus the reason I'm seeing the manual designations on my dash when stick is to the left?

3) If I were to have the Sport Auto coded, is it the type of thing that could be erased every time my car is in for service and the dealer does any type of DME work or gives me a software update? If so....if I pay to have Sport Auto coded once, I guess I pay a coder again over and over every time this happens if I want Sport Auto back on my car.

I do not care about the paddles themselves (just the faster, snappier shifts) and I know absolutely nothing about coding or the mechanics of my car. Also, I have no idea what software version is on my car or even where to find that info. Any help to my above concerns would be much appreciated.....thanks in advance!

The Nerd
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2014, 10:00 AM   #137
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nerd View Post
...I already have Sport+ and the ability for the gear selection to show up on the dash (M1, M2, etc) when I'm shifting manually with the stick to the left. It sounds like most people writing on here DON'T have these things and want them coded....does my car already have the Sport Auto? ...
Sport Auto shows S1-S7, not M1 -M8.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2014, 11:58 AM   #138
The Nerd
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
Thanks for clearing that up regarding the S1, S2, S3 vs. M1, M2, M3, etc....

Now....anyone have feedback on the other bits I brought up? Again, I appreciate the help as I know some of you are very much in the know regarding coding. I know absolutely nothing.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2014, 10:41 PM   #139
marcoac14
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
It'll actually show M if he manually up/downshifts.

The Nerd,

What shows on the dash once you pull the stick to the left?

As far as I remember, if you don't have SAT, it'll show DS. Right Shawn?

Another way to know is how smooth the gears engage.
In comfort mode it should be smooth while in manual or sport it should be harsh like an actual clutch. Don't know if harsh is a proper word to describe how it shifts.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2014, 05:49 AM   #140
The Nerd
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcoac14
Quote:

The Nerd,

In comfort mode it should be smooth while in manual or sport it should be harsh like an actual clutch. Don't know if harsh is a proper word to describe how it shifts.
Ok....so I think the one question is answered....I don't have the Sport Auto (due to stick showing DS and M1, M2, etc). I really didn't think it had it, but I was just checking.

I DO have Sport+ because my car is a Sportline. So I'm still very interested in the other questions I asked if anyone can help (how will it effect MPPK? how will it effect already having Sport+? will it get erased every time BMW does a routine software update or DME work? do people pay to have recoded over and over and over when it gets erased?)
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2014, 06:08 AM   #141
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcoac14 View Post

The Nerd,

In SAT mode, you get S1-S7. When you are in SAT, and then manually up/downshift with the Gear Shift or Paddles, it switches to Manual Mode and you get non-SAT M1-M8. And yes, non-SAT Sport Mode shows just DS.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2014, 10:01 PM   #142
The Nerd
Major
Rep

Ok....would coding this into a car that already has Sport+ negatively affect anything (trying to code in something that's already there)?

Also, if Sport Auto were coded in, what happens when the dealer does software updates or other DME work? Could it be erased? If so, would I have to pay again over and over to have the Sport Auto "recoded"?
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2014, 10:11 PM   #143
marcoac14
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nerd View Post
Ok....so I think the one question is answered....I don't have the Sport Auto (due to stick showing DS and M1, M2, etc). I really didn't think it had it, but I was just checking.

I DO have Sport+ because my car is a Sportline. So I'm still very interested in the other questions I asked if anyone can help (how will it effect MPPK? how will it effect already having Sport+? will it get erased every time BMW does a routine software update or DME work? do people pay to have recoded over and over and over when it gets erased?)
Don't know about MPPK. You'll have Sport+ and SAT.

I've serviced my car two times so far and the dealer's never updated my ECUs.
So it actually depends. I think that one day or the other you'll have to recode the ECUs so IMHO you should learn how to do it by yourself.

Shawn won't let me lie. I gotta say I learned the hard way and I almost bricked my father's car. Just don't click on Code default Values and you'll be fine.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2014, 10:54 PM   #144
Kafkaesque328
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 328i M Sport

I just had my car coded with Sport AT/Sport+ yesterday and it literally transforms the car It has really come alive. Mind blown.

Past: 2014 Black 320i | Sport Pkg | BMS Stage 1
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2014, 01:03 PM   #145
anotherguitarplayer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 M550

Garage List
2021 BMW M550  [0.00]
I have a MY14 m-sport w/o SAT. The car drives like a beast already when I switch over to M/S and let the car itself work through S1-S7 in Sports+. Are others using this as a comparison when coding SAT?

Last edited by anotherguitarplayer; 09-25-2014 at 01:37 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2014, 07:44 PM   #146
TractionControl=OFF
Banned
Rep
Drives: XP-38 (F30) Landspeeder

Hi guys me again. So I was wondering if the bms stage 1 was compatible with sport + and SAT ?? Also, I just updated my system at the dealership and its unable to code now.

Oh and 1 more thing, when you put it in sport plus and use the tiptronics manual mode, and it selects to S1 , does it auto shift??
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2014, 05:58 PM   #147
Sal335i
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: G30 M550

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcoac14 View Post
Does anyone know if it's possible to code Sport+?
I have a non-M Sport 320i and it only has three modes(sport, comfort and eco pro)
I don't want to sound like a douchebag but 320 has 180HP, whats the point of having the traction off.?
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2014, 05:59 PM   #148
Sal335i
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: G30 M550

Quote:
Hi guys me again. So I was wondering if the bms stage 1 was compatible with sport + and SAT ?? Also, I just updated my system at the dealership and its unable to code now.

Oh and 1 more thing, when you put it in sport plus and use the tiptronics manual mode, and it selects to S1 , does it auto shift??
Yes it does auto shift. S1 puts your transmission into sport mode. If you see M1 that means its in manual mode & you have to shift.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2014, 02:17 PM   #149
F30_Nav
Registered
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: F30 320i 2012 Alpine White

hey i am new to this also.

as above i dont have sport + on my 2012 320i modern

can someone repost the exact code i need for Sport + mode and for it to appear in the menu

plz
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2014, 03:25 PM   #150
Frogman
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30_Nav View Post
hey i am new to this also.

as above i dont have sport + on my 2012 320i modern

can someone repost the exact code i need for Sport + mode and for it to appear in the menu

plz
1. Change 205 to 2TB in the FA.
2. VO Code EGS, [B]KOMBI, and ICM.

You will get a Chassis Stabilization Error when you VO code the ICM. Turn the car off and back on again and the error should go away.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2014, 08:42 PM   #151
F30_Nav
Registered
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: F30 320i 2012 Alpine White

thnx
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2014, 05:18 AM   #152
beppeM3+123d
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: bmw m3 dct + 123d e81

From 2015 sport mode is configurable even if car is not equipped with edc. Also elebest from singapore sell this coding, seen on fb. Can anyone with new car share this coding setup??!
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2014, 09:31 PM   #153
TractionControl=OFF
Banned
Rep
Drives: XP-38 (F30) Landspeeder

Hi guys, I just updated my car, and I cannot put sport + back on properly even though I had it on perfectly installed before. The only thing wrong is that its not being displayed in the instrument cluster that it says sport +, it shows up on the GPS display when activated meaning i can still use it, but its not displaying inside the instrument cluster where the selection words come on. Is there an update or something?
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2014, 09:36 PM   #154
kapkanimd
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M8 Competition Gran Coupe

Quote:
Hi guys, I just updated my car, and I cannot put sport + back on properly even though I had it on perfectly installed before. The only thing wrong is that its not being displayed in the instrument cluster that it says sport +, it shows up on the GPS display when activated meaning i can still use it, but its not displaying inside the instrument cluster where the selection words come on. Is there an update or something?
Same thing happened on mine after dealer reprogrammed the car.. sold the car before I even tried to find a fix.
Appreciate 0