F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > Ever lived (or live) in a house where unexplained things occur?
Extreme Powerhouse

12-28-2015, 05:51 PM   #23
Watsey
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 330D sDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wills2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsey View Post
I'm use to it now. I'm not really into the paranormal, but if there's a spirit here it doesn't seem to be malicious.
No, just bloody clumsy!
Hah ! We've got a blind drunk ghost
Current : F31 330sD, remapped, Ohlins Road & Track, Millway camber plates, Quaife LSD, Stoptech brakes + Pagid RSL1 pads all round, Weichers front strut brace, Eibach front & rear anti-roll bars, Michelin MP4S.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2015, 06:42 PM   #24
73henny
Lieutenant Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: a lovely new G20 320dx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal001 View Post
Surprised at you no believing in ufo with your background !!! Apparently a fair no of aircrew spot things but many are afraid to speak up - according to discovery channel.

How many ufo sightings are down to classified military stuff

Imagine stealth aircraft would have caused a few as did the u90 spy planes in their day.

As regards sceptics on paranormal stuff etc who say science can't explain remember a relatively short time ago we were convinced the world was flat the sun orbited the Earth.
Why would the aircrew be afraid to speak up?
Theres a high probability that a large number of 'sightings' are military aircraft and the like. Its highly improbable that they're alien spacecraft that happen to be flying at similar altitudes and speed to civilian aircraft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigand View Post
Yeah there probably are aliens out there, some even likely capable of intergalactic travel.

However, if they are going to send out recce missions to Earth, you would think they would take something better than some banjo playing American?

Imagine travelling X number of light years and taking away a bunch of Chav's...
Similarly, they have the capability to fly across light years from further away than our satellites can see, yet in the case of Roswell, get here then crash

Gone; F30 335dx, F30 330dx, F21 LCI 125d, F48 X1 20dx, F10 520d
Appreciate 2
      12-29-2015, 12:01 PM   #25
Chris Peacock
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2020 330e M-Sport

Whilst we were in Edinburgh my wife's cousin and I did the MacKenzie Poltergeist tour, where you end up in one of the crypts in the church yard (basically like a stone cave).

Now I am a strict non believer and went out of curiosity, me and the cousin were stood right at the back of the crypt with the stone wall behind us and then approx 10-12 other tourists in front of us.

It was a bitterly cold Scottish evening, anyhows after about 3 mins the cousin says what was that as we both heard an indistinguishable noise behind us. Next I had a huge wave of nausea wave across me and I broke out in a sweat and the lady stood in front of me went down like a sack of potatoes as she passed out.

Now don't get me wrong I would still class myself as a non believer but if we are ever back in Edinburgh I will definitely do the tour again and its certainly left me curious as to the paranormal.

My biggest question is surely hospitals must be riddled with spirits/ghosts etc with all the human trauma etc they suffer but very few stories seem to revolve around this location.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2015, 01:05 PM   #26
Mark1966
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Z4, Lotus and Lancia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Peacock View Post
Whilst we were in Edinburgh my wife's cousin and I did the MacKenzie Poltergeist tour, where you end up in one of the crypts in the church yard (basically like a stone cave).

Now I am a strict non believer and went out of curiosity, me and the cousin were stood right at the back of the crypt with the stone wall behind us and then approx 10-12 other tourists in front of us.

It was a bitterly cold Scottish evening, anyhows after about 3 mins the cousin says what was that as we both heard an indistinguishable noise behind us. Next I had a huge wave of nausea wave across me and I broke out in a sweat and the lady stood in front of me went down like a sack of potatoes as she passed out.

Now don't get me wrong I would still class myself as a non believer but if we are ever back in Edinburgh I will definitely do the tour again and its certainly left me curious as to the paranormal.

My biggest question is surely hospitals must be riddled with spirits/ghosts etc with all the human trauma etc they suffer but very few stories seem to revolve around this location.
Did you have a bit of dodgy haggis for lunch beforehand?
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2015, 03:11 PM   #27
Kal101
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335xd Msport +

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 73henny View Post
Why would the aircrew be afraid to speak up?
Theres a high probability that a large number of 'sightings' are military aircraft and the like. Its highly improbable that they're alien spacecraft that happen to be flying at similar altitudes and speed to civilian aircraft.

There's a fear of being regarded as nutters or a bit odd !!!

Similarly, they have the capability to fly across light years from further away than our satellites can see, yet in the case of Roswell, get here then crash
It happens. There's been a few cases of crashes and the like. How much tech do we have and yet things still break down and crash.

To be fair I am a genuine certified 150% tin foil hat wearing conspiracy theorist who probably watches too much discovery channel

The truth is out there .........
      12-29-2015, 03:35 PM   #28
you've been farmed
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 435d

Every single day many unexplainable things happen in this house.

It used to be a fort and in 1745 a garrison of 30 men were stationed here, well the opposing forces barricaded them inside and set fire to the place.

Anyway, that's by the by really, the strange goings on here are perpetrated by the missus that even she is at a loss to explain!
Appreciate 0