F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Intermittent loss of dashboard
proTUNING Freaks

04-23-2024, 04:23 PM   #1
deanerino54@gmail.com
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 328ix Wagon

Intermittent loss of dashboard

Hi, I know this is similar to other posts, but my issue is that I occasionally lose all dash function including radio, all gauges and all warning lights. Other times all are functioning perfectly. Doesn't seem to affect driving. Although I cannot hear turn indicators, they still function (just not visible on dash). Function (or lack thereof) occurs at startup. Never changes once driving. Seems totally random
Thanks, any thoughts appreciated
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2024, 06:44 AM   #2
NxTH
AH3 Owner
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i ActiveHybrid 3

Garage List
Take out the speedo (two screws on top) and carefully slide it out by pressing it down and out. Note that there are small clips where the screws go, so don't lose them. They should be stuck to the ceiling of the dash. They easily fall off and go right into the abyss. When you push the speedo back, slide it back the same way you got it out so the clips don't push off.

Check that all the connections are tight. I left mine loose after installing a speed limit emulator and occasionally I would get an empty dash with no indicator sounds as well. I could bring the dash back to life by hitting the top of the dashboard after starting.
Appreciate 0