F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > How Much Does A Pizza Shop Make?
GetBMWParts

05-11-2010, 08:17 AM   #23
Peanuto
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 335i Lemans Blue M-sport

Brb, banging everyones wives because they are out at their pizza shops.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2010, 10:42 AM   #24
JayKay335i
Banned
Egypt
Rep
Drives: ///M323 DCT

I wish I was at a pizza shop. I miss NY pizza.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2010, 11:34 AM   #25
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

It is well known that most franchise operations do not make much money unless you own multiply stores. Owning one, you barely break even and you have to put lots of your own time into the place. Now if you able to own more than one you can start making some money.

A buddy of mine bought a Mom & Pop Pizza shop when he was younger worked it for a number of years and made some okay money, he was taking home about $30K to $40K a year. He soon learn you cap out on how much you can make with one shop since you're quickly limited on how many pies you can make in a day. So I laugh at those who claim some shop made $100K in a week at a pizza shop. Do the math, how many Pizza would that have to be, and most shops are not 27/7

This is the problem most Pizza shops run into, people begin to like the pie, and more and more people show up and before you know you can not get the pizza through the oven fast enough, so customers get upset and do not come back or owner starts cutting corners and the quality goes down and people stop coming back. This is why NYC pizza pre-make them and you can get them by the slice, that is fine if you like cool reheated pizza. But it gives a few extra hours a day to crank pies through your oven.

If you see an owner of Pizza shop doing really well, they usually doing something else, some resort to not reporting income since it a cash business and you can hide some of that income, but these people usually get greedy and get caught.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2010, 11:58 AM   #26
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
i used to work for a very popular local chain and the profits are out of this world

the cost for making 1 pizza was somewhere btwn $1-1.50 and they would sell it for $18-20, depending on toppings. There are a lot of other things to take into account, but it can be very profitable business
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2010, 12:18 PM   #27
iBoost
Retired e90post Member
Rep
Drives: real slow

A far away uncle of mine owns 2 pizza shops. He makes a shit load of money.

For a business like this to succeed, there will be a lot of factors. Like everyone else stated.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2010, 12:32 PM   #28
antongk
Private
Rep
Drives: '08 328xi e92

Here's a useful article. Lengthy, but I think it has info you might find interesting.

http://www.inc.com/magazine/20100201...llionaire.html
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2010, 01:03 PM   #29
Nezo86
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 X6 50i

My place is only about 2000 sqft and I did over 800K in sales in 2009. Profit margin is about 30%.... not a bad living but it's not easy.
2010 BMW X6 50i, Black Sapphire Metallic, Chateau Nevada Leather - 20" Light-alloy wheels Star Spoke (style259) with mixed run-flat perf. tires - Space-saver spare - Soft-close automatic doors - Heated front seats - Dark Bamboo wood trim - Performance Upgrade - Premium Package - Rear Climate Package - Sport Package - Rearview Camera with Top View
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2010, 01:12 PM   #30
whyrms
Private
Rep
Drives: foot mobile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ililillilillilil View Post
one thing is for shore.... they make that dough
nice pun?!?!
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2010, 02:22 PM   #31
JayKay335i
Banned
Egypt
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
It is well known that most franchise operations do not make much money unless you own multiply stores. Owning one, you barely break even and you have to put lots of your own time into the place. Now if you able to own more than one you can start making some money.

A buddy of mine bought a Mom & Pop Pizza shop when he was younger worked it for a number of years and made some okay money, he was taking home about $30K to $40K a year. He soon learn you cap out on how much you can make with one shop since you're quickly limited on how many pies you can make in a day. So I laugh at those who claim some shop made $100K in a week at a pizza shop. Do the math, how many Pizza would that have to be, and most shops are not 27/7

This is the problem most Pizza shops run into, people begin to like the pie, and more and more people show up and before you know you can not get the pizza through the oven fast enough, so customers get upset and do not come back or owner starts cutting corners and the quality goes down and people stop coming back. This is why NYC pizza pre-make them and you can get them by the slice, that is fine if you like cool reheated pizza. But it gives a few extra hours a day to crank pies through your oven.

If you see an owner of Pizza shop doing really well, they usually doing something else, some resort to not reporting income since it a cash business and you can hide some of that income, but these people usually get greedy and get caught.
Don't know what kind of shit they serve over in PA, but you are incorrect when it comes to NY.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2010, 02:26 PM   #32
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: A///MERICAN!!!

Garage List
If you launder money through it, a lot
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2010, 02:32 PM   #33
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKay335i View Post
Don't know what kind of shit they serve over in PA, but you are incorrect when it comes to NY.
I am talking about NYC, you walk in they have the pre-made stuff sitting there and you tell them what you want and they pull a slice and pop it in the oven for 5 minutes or so. I see this all over NYC. But this what they call NYC pizza. Not a personal favorite of mine, I like pizza made to order, fresh and hot out of the oven
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2010, 03:20 PM   #34
dr.jay
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 135

My family owns a pizza shop, been there since 1962, great grandfather started it. Only one restaurant very well known. They charge $15 for a large tray of red(square pizza), friday and saturday nights we sell over 300 trays per night and thats not during Lent, I cant even get a tray without a 45minute wait during that time. A pizza restaurant that makes a good product can be VERY lucrative.
      05-11-2010, 03:36 PM   #35
GGreek5
Olimpiakos
Greece
Rep
Drives: M3

26-30% of total sales is what you want to shoot for in a Pizza Place. Thats what goes in your pocket. I have many family members that own them. One is doing over 65k a week!! Do the math.
Lot of work though. I was putting in 70-80 hours a week back in the day. No more Pizza Places for me.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2010, 03:40 PM   #36
GGreek5
Olimpiakos
Greece
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:

If you have a busy place, and cant keep up with the pizzas your doing something wrong. We have two- 3 decker conveyor ovens that crank the pizzas out constantly. Your entire statement doesnt make sense bro. If you have a system in place, a busy store should operate without a hitch like a factory. Its all about the setup in shop when your busy.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2010, 06:05 PM   #37
ililillilillilil
Banned
Rep
Drives: e92 TT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ililillilillilil View Post
one thing is for shore.... they make that dough
Quote:
Originally Posted by whyrms View Post
nice pun?!?!
yes...and i just noticed my retarded typo

this place by me in Long Island makes the best pizza

they only do pizza.. no chicken rolls, appetizers or heros

the guys there work 12 hours per day and get paid about $15/hr but it is hard work
and the boss is on top of everything in that place
this place is so busy and they are open until 2am on weekdays, 4am on weekends

they just make awesome pizzas fresh all day long.
it takes them 10 mins to make a pie and its fast money
sure there's a lot of overhead but they make about $12 profit on each pie.
no credit cards accepted, its all cash business

Last edited by ililillilillilil; 05-11-2010 at 06:16 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2010, 07:17 PM   #38
Dan in PA
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Garage List
Quote:

This poster does not own a pizza shop and is talking about second hand experiences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGreek5 View Post
If you have a busy place, and cant keep up with the pizzas your doing something wrong. We have two- 3 decker conveyor ovens that crank the pizzas out constantly. Your entire statement doesnt make sense bro. If you have a system in place, a busy store should operate without a hitch like a factory. Its all about the setup in shop when your busy.

This poster does own a pizza shop and is talking about his first hand real-life experiences.
      05-11-2010, 08:16 PM   #39
JayKay335i
Banned
Egypt
Rep

Appreciate 0
      05-11-2010, 08:29 PM   #40
AW335TT
Major
Armenia
Rep
Drives: a car

Quote:

well if you did some research you will find that there is dominos that averages 100k a week, if they have the staff, food, and equipment they can make a lot more pizzas than you think. The store that does 100k a week gets over 1000 orders on a friday, most dominos around the LA area do about 500-700 orders a week so you do the math and see how much busier that store is than other stores. Dominos at palm springs did 100+k a week during spring break and dominos at Canoga Park used to do 45k a week. Funny how you talk when you dont know shit.

A friend of mine baught a dominos, when he took over the store it was only doing 7k a week, 2 years later his averaging 16k and his hit 19k week of halloween. 16k a week is 64k a month, you really think his not putting minimum 15k into hs pocket a month??

Your buddy probably had no idea how to run a business and was running his food and labor cost up the roof. orrrr he had crappy pizzas.
      05-11-2010, 09:46 PM   #41
Peanuto
Private First Class
Rep

The abuse of the English language and grammar in this thread is killing me.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2010, 09:52 PM   #42
JayKay335i
Banned
Egypt
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanuto View Post
The abuse of the English language and grammar in this thread is killing me.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2010, 09:55 PM   #43
Peanuto
Private First Class
Rep

Appreciate 0
      05-11-2010, 09:57 PM   #44
JayKay335i
Banned
Egypt
Rep