F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Classifieds > 2011 Blue 5 Door Ford Fiesta Titanium Petrol 1.4L Petrol Automatic Gearbox
Extreme Powerhouse

02-17-2018, 11:36 AM   #1
vadimo
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 F30 320D X-Drive

Garage List
2020 M340i  [0.00]
2011 Blue 5 Door Ford Fiesta Titanium Petrol 1.4L Petrol Automatic Gearbox

Due to new car on order, from Sunday 25th of February this car will become available for sale.

Sale information:

Build Date 23.07.2011
Date of Registration 16.08.2011

-2011 model, 5 door, 1.4 litre petrol automatic, Blue, Titanium trim, 16" 15 Spoke Aluminium Alloys, lady owner, 2 former owners (original owner + dealership), current mileage 66000 (will go up by approx. 250 miles), 2 keys, recent new battery (July 2017), full ford service history and various repair receipts, 2 free services left (next in July 2018), economical to run, comes with Ford tyre inflation kit, aftermarket full size spare tyre and the car is Category D - please read on.

-The car is registered as Category D. We purchased it on 06.07.2013 from an independent dealer with manufacture warranty remaining. After our purchase taking the car to Ford in November 2013, unfortunately i learned that not everything was ok with the car, the major issue was that it was not fully repaired. I then ended up spending January and February 2014 putting things right (as you will see below i have listed all history of service, repairs and its all backed up by invoices and etc). Since we have covered approx. 50k miles on it. We have never spared any expense on the car as it was family use including little baby, so safety is important, and the car has been always serviced by Ford and any repairs carried out either by Ford or an independent VAT registered garage of my choice.

-Includes Service and Roadside Assistance Pack 12 information: The car comes with full ford dealer service history and still has active owner transferable Ford Service and Roadside Assistance Pack 12 which we paid for in advance that expires Sept 2019, this means you get 2 free services (July 2018 and July 2019)! This pack includes: MOT, Service (all), Visual Health Check, UK and European Roadside Assistance and 10% discount on Ford parts and labour!

Trim and car features information:

-Engine immobiliser with vehicle perimeter anti-theft, power steering, electronic stability system with traction control and IVD, ISO fix rear seats, Sony multi-speaker sound system with Bluetooth, audio jack and usb, multi-functional display, cruise control, voice commands, automatic air con climate control, ambient lighting interior, rear parking sensors, tinted rear windows, heated windscreen glass, engine immobiliser & vehicle perimeter anti-theft, power windows with one touch up/down, power fold wing mirrors, anti-glare/dimming rear view mirror, folding rear seats, rain sensing automatic windscreen wipers, automatic lights, adjustable steering column and locking wheel nut.

Condition:
  • 3 tyres are approximately 4-5mm wear on them, 4th just been replaced.
  • Scratches on all alloys as per pictures
  • Front & rear bumpers, one door does have some scratches as per pictures
  • There is stone chip on front window glass that was repaired by insurance as per picture
  • On request I can provide my www.hpicheck.com 2013 report.

Asking price: £5,800, Service and Roadside Assistance Pack included! Payments either online bank transfere*or cash (we both go to bank), once payment is clear car is*yours. Test drive is welcome of course.

Repair and Service History in Excel and All Image here
Current Ride: 2020 G20 M340i in Metallic Black Sapphire with Individual Full Merino Ivory White and Piano Black Trim Previous Ride1: 2014 F30 M Sport 320D X-Drive Auto, Dakota Beige Leather, M Sport Brakes, Adaptive M Suspension, Paddle Shifters, 19" 403 Alloys, Folding Mirrors, Pro Sat Nav & Harman Kardon Surround Sound. Previous Ride2: 2004 E46 M Sport 320CI Auto, Montana Beige Leather & 18" 135M Alloys.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2018, 06:21 PM   #2
shej
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: bmw 330d

jus did a quick we buy any car valuation hoping it will be less than that, given the category d status..

come out as £4640..

you are asking £5800 and its a category d?

can you explain please as was potentially interested,,is it a typo

thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2018, 07:36 PM   #3
vadimo
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2020 M340i  [0.00]
hi, paragraph explaining the category d status is not a typo.

I have all invoices and repairs and as stated car comes with service pack and more for next two years
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2018, 03:10 AM   #4
RustyBitz
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by vadimo View Post
Due to new car on order, from Sunday 25th of February this car will become available for sale.

Sale information:

Build Date 23.07.2011
Date of Registration 16.08.2011

-2011 model, 5 door, 1.4 litre petrol automatic, Blue, Titanium trim, 16" 15 Spoke Aluminium Alloys, lady owner, 2 former owners (original owner + dealership), current mileage 66000 (will go up by approx. 250 miles), 2 keys, recent new battery (July 2017), full ford service history and various repair receipts, 2 free services left (next in July 2018), economical to run, comes with Ford tyre inflation kit, aftermarket full size spare tyre and the car is Category D - please read on.

-The car is registered as Category D. We purchased it on 06.07.2013 from an independent dealer with manufacture warranty remaining. After our purchase taking the car to Ford in November 2013, unfortunately i learned that not everything was ok with the car, the major issue was that it was not fully repaired. I then ended up spending January and February 2014 putting things right (as you will see below i have listed all history of service, repairs and its all backed up by invoices and etc). Since we have covered approx. 50k miles on it. We have never spared any expense on the car as it was family use including little baby, so safety is important, and the car has been always serviced by Ford and any repairs carried out either by Ford or an independent VAT registered garage of my choice.

-Includes Service and Roadside Assistance Pack 12 information: The car comes with full ford dealer service history and still has active owner transferable Ford Service and Roadside Assistance Pack 12 which we paid for in advance that expires Sept 2019, this means you get 2 free services (July 2018 and July 2019)! This pack includes: MOT, Service (all), Visual Health Check, UK and European Roadside Assistance and 10% discount on Ford parts and labour!

Trim and car features information:

-Engine immobiliser with vehicle perimeter anti-theft, power steering, electronic stability system with traction control and IVD, ISO fix rear seats, Sony multi-speaker sound system with Bluetooth, audio jack and usb, multi-functional display, cruise control, voice commands, automatic air con climate control, ambient lighting interior, rear parking sensors, tinted rear windows, heated windscreen glass, engine immobiliser & vehicle perimeter anti-theft, power windows with one touch up/down, power fold wing mirrors, anti-glare/dimming rear view mirror, folding rear seats, rain sensing automatic windscreen wipers, automatic lights, adjustable steering column and locking wheel nut.

Condition:
  • 3 tyres are approximately 4-5mm wear on them, 4th just been replaced.
  • Scratches on all alloys as per pictures
  • Front & rear bumpers, one door does have some scratches as per pictures
  • There is stone chip on front window glass that was repaired by insurance as per picture
  • On request I can provide my www.hpicheck.com 2013 report.

Asking price: £5,800, Service and Roadside Assistance Pack included! Payments either online bank transfere*or cash (we both go to bank), once payment is clear car is*yours. Test drive is welcome of course.

Repair and Service History in Excel and All Image here
Hey bud, could you explain further on the cat D? What was damaged? Might help with more interest bud.

[url=https://www.deutschespeed.com/threads/the-bimmerpost-refugee-thread.561/]Car[/url]
Appreciate 1
vadimo310.00
      02-18-2018, 06:11 AM   #5
shej
Private First Class
Rep

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201801293214287?advertising-location=at_cars&advertising-location=at_cars&year-from=2011&price-to=6500&postcode=b203bd&model=FIESTA&seller-type=private&page=1&make=FORD&onesearchad=Used&one searchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=New

2011 fiesta 1.4 with less miles £2600?

Sorry but looking at autotrader they are going clean with no accident damage for 3-4K.

Not spiking your ad but genuinely surprised that you think a cat d accident damaged car is worth more than an accident free one.

Shame
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2018, 06:28 AM   #6
davyk31
Major General
Rep
Drives: Macan GTS :-) & F40 M135i

I have been actively looking for a decent Fiesta to replace my elderly runaround Polo. Your asking price buys a facelift 1.25 Zetec 2013 car with lowish miles from a dealer.

Again not wanting to ruin your party but your price is way out, maybe needs halved to be honest as most people have stopped reading after the Cat D mention. Anything with a Cat D history is pretty hard to shift.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2018, 09:17 AM   #7
vadimo
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2020 M340i  [0.00]
thanks for the feedback
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2018, 09:43 AM   #8
vadimo
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2020 M340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by shej View Post
https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201801293214287?advertising-location=at_cars&advertising-location=at_cars&year-from=2011&price-to=6500&postcode=b203bd&model=FIESTA&seller-type=private&page=1&make=FORD&onesearchad=Used&one searchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=New

2011 fiesta 1.4 with less miles £2600?

Sorry but looking at autotrader they are going clean with no accident damage for 3-4K.

Not spiking your ad but genuinely surprised that you think a cat d accident damaged car is worth more than an accident free one.

Shame
You are trying to spike me and posting unfair comparison, this is sort of buyer I hope to avoid to save time.

The car you posted is Category S vehicle suffered structural damage, where mine one is D suffered non-structural damage. The vehicle's structural frame or chassis did not suffer any damage.

Its manual, is lower spec car than mine.

I am selling car with full service history, all receipts and 2 years worth of service all ready paid.

To others, I was told it was front impact damage.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2018, 10:21 AM   #9
robbiep
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: VW e-Golf !

Quote:
Originally Posted by vadimo View Post
You are trying to spike me and posting unfair comparison, this is sort of buyer I hope to avoid to save time.

The car you posted is Category S vehicle suffered structural damage, where mine one is D suffered non-structural damage. The vehicle's structural frame or chassis did not suffer any damage.

Its manual, is lower spec car than mine.

I am selling car with full service history, all receipts and 2 years worth of service all ready paid.

To others, I was told it was front impact damage.
"You were told" it was front impact damage.
So you don't actually KNOW how bad the damage was ? Yet you then try to claim that your car did NOT suffer structural damage ?

As others have said, you can get a 'clean' car of a comparable age for similar (or less) money. The 2 pre-paid services aren't worth a huge amount either.

To accuse others of trying to 'spike you' is unfair. You could just as easily (and accurately) be accused of attempting to 'rip people off' with an overpriced accident-repaired car.

Here's a 'clean' (non cat-anything) comparable car, with similar mileage :
https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...=ch11ht&page=1

Similar price to yours, (ok, a bit cheaper, but lets allow for those 2 services being worth £300) but that car comes from a dealer, so the buyer gets CRA protection. And, most important of all, the car is not Cat D, which cuts about 25% off the value straight off.

Your car is probably worth £4k on a good day to a blind buyer.

Just because people tell you something you don't want to hear doesn't mean they have it in for you.
You getting all aggro isn't going to change the facts.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2018, 12:28 PM   #10
vadimo
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2020 M340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbiep View Post
"You were told" it was front impact damage.
So you don't actually KNOW how bad the damage was ? Yet you then try to claim that your car did NOT suffer structural damage ?

As others have said, you can get a 'clean' car of a comparable age for similar (or less) money. The 2 pre-paid services aren't worth a huge amount either.

To accuse others of trying to 'spike you' is unfair. You could just as easily (and accurately) be accused of attempting to 'rip people off' with an overpriced accident-repaired car.

Here's a 'clean' (non cat-anything) comparable car, with similar mileage :
https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...=ch11ht&page=1

Similar price to yours, (ok, a bit cheaper, but lets allow for those 2 services being worth £300) but that car comes from a dealer, so the buyer gets CRA protection. And, most important of all, the car is not Cat D, which cuts about 25% off the value straight off.

Your car is probably worth £4k on a good day to a blind buyer.

Just because people tell you something you don't want to hear doesn't mean they have it in for you.
You getting all aggro isn't going to change the facts.
thanks for the link, at least its on a par with my spec, i will probably reduce to 4.5-5k and then meet in a middle with a buyer.

amongst your rant something was useful
Current Ride: 2020 G20 M340i in Metallic Black Sapphire with Individual Full Merino Ivory White and Piano Black Trim Previous Ride1: 2014 F30 M Sport 320D X-Drive Auto, Dakota Beige Leather, M Sport Brakes, Adaptive M Suspension, Paddle Shifters, 19" 403 Alloys, Folding Mirrors, Pro Sat Nav & Harman Kardon Surround Sound. Previous Ride2: 2004 E46 M Sport 320CI Auto, Montana Beige Leather & 18" 135M Alloys.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2018, 01:16 PM   #11
davyk31
Major General
Rep

What is Category S? Have only heard of Cat C and D.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2018, 01:30 PM   #12
robbiep
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by davyk31 View Post
What is Category S? Have only heard of Cat C and D.
Categories got changed last year.

They are now : A, B, S, N

A : to be sent for scrap.
B : to be broken up
S : structurally damaged repairable
N : non-structurally damaged repairable.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2018, 03:05 PM   #13
davyk31
Major General
Rep

Didn't realise they had changed but obviously after this vehicles accident as its Cat D
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2018, 11:52 PM   #14
Healy
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW 640d GC

WOW, sorry OP but you are WAY off with your valuation
This is a £2K car absolute max.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2018, 02:09 AM   #15
ahmedb
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F80 Silverstone M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Healy View Post
WOW, sorry OP but you are WAY off with your valuation
This is a £2K car absolute max.
You are just as guilty of exaggerating the price but in the wrong direction! I would say somewhere in the region of £3,500 - £4,000. There is this one on Autotrader, from a trader, with low miles but I doubt it has the service pack
https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...ke=FORD&page=1

OP - Have you tried booking an appointment with Webuyanycar? I did a quick check and the valuation was £4,640 to my local WBAC (Nuneaton). As long as you realise that they will take admin fees from that as well as knocking down the price for any minor defects they find, it's worth a guide price for a no hassle sale and then fathom if it's worth the extra effort to advertise to people for the difference you think you can realistically sell for.
      02-19-2018, 02:37 AM   #16
vadimo
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2020 M340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmedb View Post
You are just as guilty of exaggerating the price but in the wrong direction! I would say somewhere in the region of £3,500 - £4,000. There is this one on Autotrader, from a trader, with low miles but I doubt it has the service pack
https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...ke=FORD&page=1

OP - Have you tried booking an appointment with Webuyanycar? I did a quick check and the valuation was £4,640 to my local WBAC (Nuneaton). As long as you realise that they will take admin fees from that as well as knocking down the price for any minor defects they find, it's worth a guide price for a no hassle sale and then fathom if it's worth the extra effort to advertise to people for the difference you think you can realistically sell for.

Thank you I will look at that option, I thought they come take the car away at quoted price then evaluate at their holding facility and then give you their new price and at that point you can't refuse it as car is gone and with them.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2018, 02:39 AM   #17
robbiep
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Healy price is stupid, to be blunt about it.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2018, 03:15 AM   #18
davyk31
Major General
Rep

Take the WBAC £4640 offer for sure, no hassle and given you have a Cat D rating it will be hard to get buyers to your door.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2018, 03:57 AM   #19
robbiep
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by davyk31 View Post
Take the WBAC £4640 offer for sure, no hassle and given you have a Cat D rating it will be hard to get buyers to your door.
The WBAC valuation will not take account of the car being a write-off.

From their website :

Please note that the price provided will be subject to an onsite inspection. The price we offer on site may differ from the online valuation if we consider your car’s value is affected by any aspect of its history or condition

Here are some of the assumptions made about your vehicle:

It has no damage, including interior or mechanical.
It isn't a non runner
It has 6+ months MOT left
It hasn't ever been subject to an insurance write off or been accident damaged
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2018, 07:12 AM   #20
shej
Private First Class
Rep

We buy any car won't buy a category d write off so not an option. £4640 is the valuation for clean car etc. Think you are looking at 3-3.5k. Half of what you thought it's worth.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2018, 10:35 AM   #21
davyk31
Major General
Rep

Ahhhh that explains a lot. I really struggled to believe WBAC would pay £4600 for it which is why I advised the seller to take it asap without further thought.

On the basis the £4600 does no longer apply then my original comment about needing to halve the asking price isn't far off.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2018, 11:05 AM   #22
ahmedb
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F80 Silverstone M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbiep View Post
The WBAC valuation will not take account of the car being a write-off.

From their website :

Please note that the price provided will be subject to an onsite inspection. The price we offer on site may differ from the online valuation if we consider your car’s value is affected by any aspect of its history or condition

Here are some of the assumptions made about your vehicle:

It has no damage, including interior or mechanical.
It isn't a non runner
It has 6+ months MOT left
It hasn't ever been subject to an insurance write off or been accident damaged

Ah well spotted, makes sense now...
Appreciate 0