F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > BMW F30 3 Series Coding DIY - Code Auto Start Stop, DVD, Folding Mirrors, Etc.
proTUNING Freaks

06-11-2012, 01:11 AM   #155
stevebmw3
soon E90 325i,auto,gray,terra,spor t pkg,NAV
Rep
Drives: was E46,fut. E90

Anybody in Calgary could do it?

Anybody could help out with my 2011 F25 X3 ii CALGARY?

Or do you have Raspartan any trip planned here?

Thanks Steve.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2012, 01:36 AM   #156
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 328i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspartan View Post
Drove to the bookstore and back this evening, but no traffic information. The only difference I can see is that the map has that blue-tinged monochromatic cast. From what I can see in E-Sys though, there is much more that might need changing for this to work here in Toronto.
Do you guys get traffic info from BMW with nav in Canada?

Either way, I'm supposed to have it (BMW even advertises that it works in Hawaii) but I have yet to see the first traffic information. It was standard on 'aktiv' with me, and the nav menu is all setup to display traffic info but, in reality, it's nowhere to be found lol

Note: Many PM me for links to the software needed to code. Please note that I do not have download links to this software. Your best bet is using the search function in the coding thread
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2012, 06:47 AM   #157
MikaelE
Denmark
Rep
Drives: BMW 320D EDE (F30)

This is a very interesting thread and I guess that I need to get a cable and get started

I can see that you have been able to modify the automatic start and stop, which from reading on the net, is a big wish for a lot of people. I like the feature however.

But, my car always starts up in "eco-pro" mode. Have you seen anywhere where that can be changed to either "comfort" or "sport"? I would love that.

The sport line cars, come with an "sport+" option as well. Is it possible to get that opened up for?

I'm also looking at adding USB/BT and Cruise Control to the car. I know I need to get the Hardware installed, but most likely I also need to get some things activated. Can I activate these options (when installed) using what you have here, or is that something completely different?
      06-11-2012, 07:21 AM   #158
Raspartan
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: F15 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by svache View Post
Do you guys get traffic info from BMW with nav in Canada?

Either way, I'm supposed to have it (BMW even advertises that it works in Hawaii) but I have yet to see the first traffic information. It was standard on 'aktiv' with me, and the nav menu is all setup to display traffic info but, in reality, it's nowhere to be found lol
There is FM RDS traffic info, but I don't think BMW actually advertises that it works here. However the provider only broadcasts weekdays during business hours I found. I'm off Tuesday so I'll test then.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2012, 07:25 AM   #159
Raspartan
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevebmw3 View Post
Anybody could help out with my 2011 F25 X3 ii CALGARY?

Or do you have Raspartan any trip planned here?

Thanks Steve.
Haven't tried on an X3 yet.

Calgary was a nice city when I was there many years ago but I haven't been back since. I'm sure someone local will turn up eventually. The only alternative would be a remote desktop type session.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2012, 12:05 PM   #160
HypoGXII
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

I can't wait to get into the coding world. Unfortunately, as Im a new member I can't quite PM IMSW1 yet. Hopefully once I fill up the post limits.

Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2012, 01:09 PM   #161
Raspartan
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikaelE View Post
But, my car always starts up in "eco-pro" mode. Have you seen anywhere where that can be changed to either "comfort" or "sport"? I would love that
That's the strongest evidence I've seen yet that it's a setting that we can probably change.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2012, 02:57 PM   #162
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
That's the strongest evidence I've seen yet that it's a setting that we can probably change.
It should be changeable but I haven't found it yet, it's quite hidden lol

I did find several things with the German abbreviation for 'driving experience switch', but those are no help in regards to setting it to certain setting or keeping memory (I would prefer the latter).

It's out there, I can feel it.. but we're just not quite there yet =)

Note: Many PM me for links to the software needed to code. Please note that I do not have download links to this software. Your best bet is using the search function in the coding thread
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2012, 02:57 PM   #163
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikaelE View Post
I'm also looking at adding USB/BT and Cruise Control to the car. I know I need to get the Hardware installed, but most likely I also need to get some things activated. Can I activate these options (when installed) using what you have here, or is that something completely different?
Yeah, normally that should be able to be coded once you have the hardware installed

Appreciate 0
      06-11-2012, 04:24 PM   #164
demge01
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F30 320ed

Garage List
Hi, I've taken the plunge and have an ENET cable on the way plus I have downloaded the E sys program successfully.
I've tried to start downloading the datafiles but the first one gets half way through and then fails?
I've followed the link in the text file and paid the extra for faster download times.
Any one else?
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2012, 04:27 PM   #165
MikaelE
Denmark
Rep
Drives: BMW 320D EDE (F30)

Quote:
Originally Posted by svache View Post
Yeah, normally that should be able to be coded once you have the hardware installed
Great, I'd better get moving then
      06-11-2012, 07:22 PM   #166
norinred
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 750LI

i also need a cable
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2012, 07:23 PM   #167
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by demge01 View Post
Hi, I've taken the plunge and have an ENET cable on the way plus I have downloaded the E sys program successfully.
I've tried to start downloading the datafiles but the first one gets half way through and then fails?
I've followed the link in the text file and paid the extra for faster download times.
Any one else?
Could be a glitch in Rapidshare.. I just tried the first file and it downloaded with no problem. Perhaps you could give it another try later today or see if any of the other files show the same problem?

Also, make sure you have enough free space on your hdd.. the total space needed is about 10gb for all files, each file is about 480mb.

Appreciate 0
      06-11-2012, 07:58 PM   #168
Raspartan
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Any one else?
You can also use their download manager if that helps. I didn't need it but if I'd had to retry several times then I'd have considered it.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2012, 08:03 PM   #169
johntchow
#beastmodeallday
Rep
Drives: 2024 iX M60

ok stupid question... just got my cable... but cant find the obd port on my 335. i remember on my e90 there was a cover labeled obd. but im looking all over under the driver side dash and even checked the manual. i dont see anything labeled obd. all i see is label for airbag.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2012, 08:09 PM   #170
johntchow
#beastmodeallday
Rep

nevermind found it... mine didnt have a cover
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2012, 08:12 PM   #171
Raspartan
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by johntchow View Post
nevermind found it... mine didnt have a cover
Manual doesn't mention a cover and mine doesn't have one either.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2012, 09:52 PM   #172
johntchow
#beastmodeallday
Rep

Quote:
Manual doesn't mention a cover and mine doesn't have one either.
yeah i just assumed there was a cover because on the previous e90 there was a cover. i figured there must be some sort of marking besides just an open gap.

but yeah, i was able to code the tpm settings and the open close of mirrors with comfort access. those were probably the 3 biggest things i wanted now its just all gravy.

thanks svache for this DIY

i did have an alert that popped up about a malfunction with my adaptive headlights extended display after i updated the code for the mirrors (i did the tpm first), but then the alert went away and i checked the system within idrive and it didnt report anything. so ill have to test it out when it gets dark tonight.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2012, 10:01 PM   #173
RASHID007
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 535d X-Drive

Can it be coded so that an iPod/iPhone in arm rest USB will work with standard apple cable even without extended Bluetooth/USB?
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2012, 01:32 AM   #174
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
yeah i just assumed there was a cover because on the previous e90 there was a cover. i figured there must be some sort of marking besides just an open gap.

but yeah, i was able to code the tpm settings and the open close of mirrors with comfort access. those were probably the 3 biggest things i wanted now its just all gravy.

i did have an alert that popped up about a malfunction with my adaptive headlights extended display after i updated the code for the mirrors (i did the tpm first), but then the alert went away and i checked the system within idrive and it didnt report anything. so ill have to test it out when it gets dark tonight.
You're welcome, I'm glad it all worked out.

The adaptive headlight error was probably after you coded the FEM_BODY module? I always get an error thrown there when I code that module but they still worked with me, no worries. I believe 'KOMBI' might even give a check engine message for a day (according to the F10 coders) but this should also go away after a day or so

Quote:
Originally Posted by RASHID007 View Post
Can it be coded so that an iPod/iPhone in arm rest USB will work with standard apple cable even without extended Bluetooth/USB?
I'm unsure but I believe I read somewhere that you need an additional piece of hardware equipped for the extended Bluetooth, if that is correct, then it wouldn't be possible without the hardware.

Appreciate 0
      06-12-2012, 06:51 AM   #175
RASHID007
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 535d X-Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by svache
Quote:

You're welcome, I'm glad it all worked out.

The adaptive headlight error was probably after you coded the FEM_BODY module? I always get an error thrown there when I code that module but they still worked with me, no worries. I believe 'KOMBI' might even give a check engine message for a day (according to the F10 coders) but this should also go away after a day or so

Quote:
Originally Posted by RASHID007 View Post
I'm unsure but I believe I read somewhere that you need an additional piece of hardware equipped for the extended Bluetooth, if that is correct, then it wouldn't be possible without the hardware.
I was hoping that to just be able to use the regular white apple cable wouldn't require extra hardware. I do expect that extended Bluetooth would require hardware.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2012, 03:07 PM   #176
demge01
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F30 320ed

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspartan
Quote:
Any one else?
You can also use their download manager if that helps. I didn't need it but if I'd had to retry several times then I'd have considered it.
Great tip thanks I've downloaded the manager and it's working so far. First two downloaded already.
Cheers.!
Appreciate 0