F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > So, I think today is the day.
GetBMWParts

01-26-2013, 11:03 AM   #1
bizzyqu
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 M240i xDrive

So, I think today is the day.

I think today I will be ordering my new F30! thoughts, opinions, tips on this build?

335i xDrive M-Sport
EBII
Black Leather
Sport Automatic with Paddles
M Performance: Carbon Fiber Interior, Shifter, and Black Grilles
Dynamic Handling Package
Premium Package
Technology Package
19' star-spoke 403M wheels w/ mixed summer tires
Heated Front Seats
Automatic High beams
Park Distance Control
Rear-view camera

(on the fence about HK audio and Driver Assistance Package probably not getting, thoughts?)

Update: Today was the day! Ordered above build plus HK Audio!

Last edited by bizzyqu; 01-26-2013 at 10:13 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2013, 11:08 AM   #2
Carnook
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: iX

If you like loud music get the HK. It goes really loud and doesn't distort.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2013, 11:34 AM   #3
bizzyqu
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnook View Post
If you like loud music get the HK. It goes really loud and doesn't distort.
Is it a lack of bass issue or a distortion issue because I listen to mostly country, classic rock, 80s metal, and talk radio. Where bass isn't that aggressive.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2013, 11:49 AM   #4
MadZarBMR
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Current: '18 M3 ZCP - 6MT

If you are planning on upgrades/mods later, I would reconsider the DHP and even x-Drive (unless you have a need for it). I did some research before I got into mine in December and found that these two options greatly limit your ability to mod the car. Even with BMW M Performance parts. Hope that helps.

EDIT: Forgot to mention the HK is definitely worth it and DAP is nice to have, but was not a deal breaker for me. I was lucky and found a car on the lot that had everything you list including HK and DAP with 6MT which was my first priority. Love the car.

Last edited by MadZarBMR; 01-26-2013 at 11:52 AM.. Reason: Added more
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2013, 12:02 PM   #5
bizzyqu
Captain
Rep

No plans on mods because I lease

my reasoning for DAP, and you can tell me if im correct, is that the advantages over my current build would be blind spot monitoring which I have no use for, and top view which I have used and is admittedly very cool, but at the same time I cant see myself switching between cameras and stuff just to park my car considering I get by already with just rear pdc.

HK I'm torn just because I don't know if the advantages reflect the price considering what I usually listen to in the car but I do like my some branded grey speaker grilles haha. Is the base system worse, better, or same then the base system in my e90?
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2013, 12:28 PM   #6
SamS
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tesla M3 Perf + '18 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizzyqu View Post

my reasoning for DAP, and you can tell me if im correct, is that the advantages over my current build would be blind spot monitoring which I have no use for, and top view which I have used and is admittedly very cool, but at the same time I cant see myself switching between cameras and stuff just to park my car considering I get by already with just rear pdc.

HK I'm torn just because I don't know if the advantages reflect the price considering what I usually listen to in the car but I do like my some branded grey speaker grilles haha. Is the base system worse, better, or same then the base system in my e90?
Top View is awesome, because one day it might save you from curbing a rim

I think HK is essential, but others do not. You'll have to go to your dealer to have a listen and decide for yourself.

DEFINITELY get the DHP. Put it in Sport/Sport+, and your car will drive and handle like a real BMW.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2013, 01:31 PM   #7
Carnook
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: iX

Quote:
Is it a lack of bass issue or a distortion issue because I listen to mostly country, classic rock, 80s metal, and talk radio. Where bass isn't that aggressive.
Its not just bass. The HK can go loud and the music stays clear and crisp in all ranges. Lower quality stereos will distort in more than just the lower range.

I love music, I listen to it constantly, and I often listen to it loud. For people like me I think HK is essential.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2013, 01:58 PM   #8
bizzyqu
Captain
Rep

And ... Ordered! Same as my op but you guys convinced me on the hk so I went for that. Now time for a looonnngggg 2 months!
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2013, 02:19 PM   #9
evkl
Private
Rep
Drives: '18 F82

Congrats on the order, you wont regret it! Looks like your car will almost be fully loaded with options, should be fun
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2013, 03:36 PM   #10
MadZarBMR
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Current: '18 M3 ZCP - 6MT

Quote:

Congrats - If no mod plans then definitely a good idea to get DHP. Good call on the HK. You won't regret it. Pretty much the only thing I like about he DAP is the blind spot monitor. It's just nice to have that extra help, especially at night when you have some idiot with low or no lights on.

BTW - leasing a car does not mean you can't mod it. In fact, with BMW, I've read that all M Performance parts can be residualized and are even covered by the 4 yr/50K warranty. It's in their marketing material. if you decide to go after-market, all that means is that you either need to put the car back as it was before turning it in OR you can just do a straight trade BEFORE your lease is due and you won't be penalized. Although - It might affect your trade-in value depending on what you do to it. Now - I'm speaking from experience with Infiniti and Acura. This is my first BMW and I've yet to finish reading all the fine print on my BMW lease. Personally I stick to OEM parts to not void warranty which can be more of an issue.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2013, 03:41 PM   #11
bizzyqu
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadZarBMR View Post

Congrats - If no mod plans then definitely a good idea to get DHP. Good call on the HK. You won't regret it. Pretty much the only thing I like about he DAP is the blind spot monitor. It's just nice to have that extra help, especially at night when you have some idiot with low or no lights on.

BTW - leasing a car does not mean you can't mod it. In fact, with BMW, I've read that all M Performance parts can be residualized and are even covered by the 4 yr/50K warranty. It's in their marketing material. if you decide to go after-market, all that means is that you either need to put the car back as it was before turning it in OR you can just do a straight trade BEFORE your lease is due and you won't be penalized. Although - It might affect your trade-in value depending on what you do to it. Now - I'm speaking from experience with Infiniti and Acura. This is my first BMW and I've yet to finish reading all the fine print on my BMW lease. Personally I stick to OEM parts to not void warranty which can be more of an issue.
M performance parts can only be residualized apparently if you buy 4 interior of 6 exterior parts. I'm paying for the carbon fiber trim and black grille over the course of the lease so I wont feel it too bad. I'm excited about the upcoming power pack maybe I'll spring for that. I'm not into the aftermarket look anyway so its not a big problem.

Can't wait to get behind the wheel of this thing, but the next 2 months will be e90 appreciation month haha.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2013, 04:12 PM   #12
CHCCubs
Colonel
Latvia
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 328i xDrive Sport

Quote:
With the exception of country music, my musical tastes are basically the same as yours. I have the HK sound in my car and it's definitely worth it in my opinion, great clear and powerful sound.

2013 BMW 328i xDrive Sport Line
Mineral Grey on Everest Grey
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2013, 05:58 PM   #13
DarkTrigger
Professional
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i MPPK

Good choice in options. Not a single bad choice, I wouldn't change a thing.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2013, 09:58 PM   #14
bnekic
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i xDrive Sport Line

HK is a must
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2013, 10:09 PM   #15
justinnum1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 330i Msport 6mt

hk is a must have imo
      01-27-2013, 11:38 AM   #16
jtuds
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335rwd Dinan S2

I have the same car ordered but in Alpine White. Euro delivery in May. My bro in law just ordered a AW M3 yesterday. So his car's the big brother.
Appreciate 0