F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > CANADA > Question for M Performance Owners
Studio RSR

04-06-2014, 10:18 PM   #23
steve@codemybimmer
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Hong Kong
Rep

Drives: 2020 G20 320i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by N-Y View Post
I have a 2012 F30, so i'm running the old BMW OS, it seem you're running the new one... how can i update mine?

I have CIC, if I want to go to NBT, how can it be done
Like I said on the post above yours, you will need to switch out some hardware. Since you have CIC, you just need the following:

NBT Head unit
Activation module for Navigation, Voice Control and BMW Apps
Screen cable for NBT

Rewiring for the Mic, Bluetooth Antenna, Instrument Cluster and USB cable is needed and coding is required to get everything working 100%.

If you take the car in for service though, you will need to uninstall everything and put the CIC back in since ISTA will not be able to flash the retrofitted NBT unit.
Online Store | Remote Coding Package| ID6 Retrofit for almost all F Chassis BMWs
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2014, 10:21 PM   #24
N-Y
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aritaurus View Post
Like I said on the post above yours, you will need to switch out some hardware. Since you have CIC, you just need the following:

NBT Head unit
Activation module for Navigation, Voice Control and BMW Apps
Screen cable for NBT

Rewiring for the Mic, Bluetooth Antenna, Instrument Cluster and USB cable is needed and coding is required to get everything working 100%.

If you take the car in for service though, you will need to uninstall everything and put the CIC back in since ISTA will not be able to flash the retrofitted NBT unit.
I was told to upgrade to the new NBT its 2000$+...

I think i'll stick with CIC... but I'd like to know how I can activate BMW Live, so I can get real time traffic, weather and so on
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2016, 08:13 PM   #25
Sodhi16
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i M Performancm Editio

My internet works through the cars own hotspot
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2016, 02:30 PM   #26
bzzzp
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 335 M Performance edition

FWIW, I have internet as part of the connected drive package on my 2015. Not sure that I would bother to be honest. The browser is uselessly slow, widgets are pretty useless and the traffic is not very accurate/helpful. Waze has been the go-to solution for nav/traffic duties.

The only thing is mildly useful was the ability to send a destination to the car from the BMW remote app. And that's only if you want to use the nav in the car.
Appreciate 0