F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > bee..beep..beep..BEEP..BEEP..WTF BMW really?
ARMA SPEED

04-30-2016, 06:38 PM   #67
cmplaya
Captain
Rep
Drives: B58

Quote:
Originally Posted by woosolow View Post
Sigh the same happening on my f80 m3.

Like really BMW? Beep Beep during hot weather but nothing in the winter.

Anyone has found the cause here?
sounds wack...luckily i dont have anything like this yet...
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2016, 06:59 PM   #68
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by woosolow
Sigh the same happening on my f80 m3.

Like really BMW? Beep Beep during hot weather but nothing in the winter.

Anyone has found the cause here?
Gotta scroll through the conversation bud I mentioned it numerous times, it's the A/C lines as strange as it sounds it is the lines making a beeping sound, some type of pressure they're releasing. Turn the A/C on and off and it stops right away.
      04-30-2016, 09:38 PM   #69
woosolow
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW F80 (2015 M3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd1981 View Post
Gotta scroll through the conversation bud I mentioned it numerous times, it's the A/C lines as strange as it sounds it is the lines making a beeping sound, some type of pressure they're releasing. Turn the A/C on and off and it stops right away.
Yeah bro. I know it's due to the ac system... decompression stuff like that. And by turning it on for a while will get rid of the beep.

But does any dealer address the issue and fix the thuckin beep!!!?
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2016, 11:14 AM   #70
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by woosolow
Quote:
Yeah bro. I know it's due to the ac system... decompression stuff like that. And by turning it on for a while will get rid of the beep.

But does any dealer address the issue and fix the thuckin beep!!!?
Nope, no fix as far as I know up to date. Both my f30's did it. I don't know why. I will say however that my wife's 228i does not do it, so there's hope. I'm not sure if it's an N55 thing or what, but keep on hitting the AC button lol that's our fix.
      05-01-2016, 02:17 PM   #71
woosolow
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW F80 (2015 M3)

Quote:
Nope, no fix as far as I know up to date. Both my f30's did it. I don't know why. I will say however that my wife's 228i does not do it, so there's hope. I'm not sure if it's an N55 thing or what, but keep on hitting the AC button lol that's our fix.
Yeah it's really depends on ur luck.

Looks like me and the other owner trapped into this beep beep issue among the rest of the ftp owners in the group ... like 25 of us.

I got 2 loaners in the past 2 months. 2016 320 and 328 ... quiet and smooth as hell

Anyway thanks for posting this thread up lol I m not alone
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2017, 12:06 PM   #72
gkostyal
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i

Solution Found

Only after my persistent complaining and several well documented emails I finally got an answer after 3 years. The Electric Blocker Valve needed to be replaced. According to my invoice the cause was the flow of refrigerant through the expansion valve SI B64 09 15. As per SI B64 09 15, replaced A/C line between condenser and evaporator with updated part with electric blocker valve. I had this done a few days ago so I cannot for certain claim this worked since this is a somewhat random occurrence but I am hopeful. My service manager stated that the compressor was also at risk of being replaced but they found it to be okay.
Appreciate 3
      03-13-2017, 02:26 PM   #73
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by gkostyal View Post
Only after my persistent complaining and several well documented emails I finally got an answer after 3 years. The Electric Blocker Valve needed to be replaced. According to my invoice the cause was the flow of refrigerant through the expansion valve SI B64 09 15. As per SI B64 09 15, replaced A/C line between condenser and evaporator with updated part with electric blocker valve. I had this done a few days ago so I cannot for certain claim this worked since this is a somewhat random occurrence but I am hopeful. My service manager stated that the compressor was also at risk of being replaced but they found it to be okay.
Wow it only took over 3 years after I made re video and I never found a resolution. I just knew when I turned on the A/C it goes away so it had to do something with the lines.

Nice job and thanks for sharing. Puts this to rest.
      03-14-2017, 03:48 PM   #74
_bdiddyb_
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i

gkostyal
Dejan_

Would you guys know if it's part# 2 in this diagram?

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/show...diagId=64_1924
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2017, 05:40 PM   #75
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by _bdiddyb_ View Post
gkostyal
Dejan_

Would you guys know if it's part# 2 in this diagram?

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/show...diagId=64_1924
I honestly have no clue. But it could be, I know I hear the Noise outside once in a while.
      03-27-2017, 02:01 PM   #76
50shadesofhockenheim
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 Toyota Prius

Quote:
Why would the noise come from this if the AC is off?
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2017, 05:45 PM   #77
f30ser3
Private
Rep
Drives: On foot

I have same beeping since I bought new car this year f30 318d. On Friday I have arranged service inspection. I give up with this thing because beeping sound starts always above 50km/h and it doesn't stop above that speed. When I have speed 49km/h beeping sound stops completely. In my case it is beeping nonstop above 50km/h and it doesn't matter if I turn ac off. We will see what they say, but it is my first car to have such an annoying mistake. It drives me crazy when I drive on long distances.
So we are in 2017 and beeping in bmw's still continuous...

Last edited by f30ser3; 09-11-2017 at 05:51 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2017, 12:01 AM   #78
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90 LCI View Post
Quote:
Why would the noise come from this if the AC is off?
Something about the pressure in the lines. It's what it is. My 2nd f30 does it less and hasn't done it in a long time.
      05-31-2018, 12:49 PM   #79
Derekvs
Registered
Rep
Drives: F30 320i M Sports

My car has been making exactly same intermittent high pitched elctrical beep beep sound.
Were you bale to identify what caused the beeping noise?
Appreciate 0