F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > bmw ppk
GetBMWParts

01-08-2014, 02:03 PM   #1
alexus
boomshakalaka
United_States
Rep
Drives: 435i xDrive MSport (F30)

Garage List
bmw ppk

I'm ordering 435i M-Sport line and I'm thinking of getting PPK as well. I'm little bit confused on few things though, maybe someone has better understanding than me and can clear it up for me)

Quote:
M Performance Suspension
I'm already getting Dynamic Handling Package, which brings Adaptive M Suspension - How would this work?

Quote:
M Performance Brakes
same thing, I'm getting M Sport Brakes in my original build

so, how would I know which one is better? and am I going end up with 2 now? or maybe it makes sense NOT to get those options w/ car and get them w/ PPK?

anyone?
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2014, 04:18 PM   #2
EvenKeel
Captain
Rep
Drives: Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexus View Post
I'm ordering 435i M-Sport line and I'm thinking of getting PPK as well. I'm little bit confused on few things though, maybe someone has better understanding than me and can clear it up for me)

I'm already getting Dynamic Handling Package, which brings Adaptive M Suspension - How would this work?

so, how would I know which one is better? and am I going end up with 2 now? or maybe it makes sense NOT to get those options w/ car and get them w/ PPK?

anyone?
You queries aren't very clear, but, I'll try and take a shot.

If you get the Dynamic Handling Package, the active dampers will replace the static dampers that come with the Sport/MSport suspension. So, the ride height will be 10MM lower than in a luxury package vehicle, and you'll also have the active dampers.

If you opt for the Msport brakes, they will replace the standard brakes.

You will not get two of anything.....an upgrade package always replaces the standard equipment.

Also, to be clear...PPK typically refers to the (M) Performance Power Kit, which has nothing to do with the suspension or the brakes. the MPPK is a factory ecu tune that allows for additional boost and increased horsepower from stock.

Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2014, 04:21 PM   #3
EvenKeel
Captain
Rep

Please ask questions, otherwise you stand be a "sitting duck" for a scrupulous Client Advisor.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2014, 04:29 PM   #4
auf Deutsch
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 jackrabbit on crystal meth

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
I'd get the PPK to augment power since you're driving a 335is.
2017 BSM M2|6MT|Exec|black kidneys and gills|full alcantara wheel|CF spoiler|Dinan Stage 4|Dinan COI|Dinan free flow exhaust with resonator delete|Fabspeed sport cat DP|BMS clutch stop|465 bhp|4.75/5 stars

retired: 2014 435xi|MPPK|335 bhp|3/5 stars
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2014, 04:35 PM   #5
alexus
boomshakalaka
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I apologize for not making myself clear, let me try it again)

I'm getting 435i M Sport line w/ M Sport Dynamic Handling Package and M Sport Brakes. I'm looking at PPK and it seems like PPK also offering upgrades for suspension & brakes, so my question is:

Why would one get these options (while building car), if you get same (or better) by getting BMW PPK.

... in another words if my 435i M Sport was ordered w/ M Sport Brakes (+$650) and later on I decided to get PPK(+$???) that comes w/ "M Performance brakes", why not get PPK w/ either standard brakes (save $650).

I hope I make some sense, if not please ask me again, i'll try it again)

thanks)
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2014, 04:38 PM   #6
OC40
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i MSport + MPS/MPPK

Garage List
2013 MINI S  [0.00]
2013 BMW 335i  [0.00]
PPK is performance power kit. How does that relate to suspension and brakes? Are speaking of the M Performance Edition F30?
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2014, 04:45 PM   #7
reprod
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M3 ZCP

It sounds like you are being offered some package that they may be doing.
  • PPK = Performance Power Kit - Engine only upgrade
  • M-Performance Brakes are an "upgrade" to your M-Sport Brakes (You should not pay for both!!!)
  • M-Performance suspension is static and not adaptive so it will remove the M-Adaptive Suspension. (You should not pay for both!!!)
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2014, 04:50 PM   #8
EvenKeel
Captain
Rep

Quote:
I apologize for not making myself clear, let me try it again)

I'm getting 435i M Sport line w/ M Sport Dynamic Handling Package and M Sport Brakes. I'm looking at PPK and it seems like PPK also offering upgrades for suspension & brakes, so my question is:

Why would one get these options (while building car), if you get same (or better) by getting BMW PPK.

... in another words if my 435i M Sport was ordered w/ M Sport Brakes (+$650) and later on I decided to get PPK(+$???) that comes w/ "M Performance brakes", why not get PPK w/ either standard brakes (save $650).

I hope I make some sense, if not please ask me again, i'll try it again)

thanks)
Herein lies the problem in your assumption. The BMW PPK has nothing to do with the DHP package or the MSport brakes. Can you please indicate whats leading you to believe this to be the case? Have you seen some written information thats leading you to believe this? Has your client advisor incorrectly told you this?
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2014, 04:52 PM   #9
auf Deutsch
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 jackrabbit on crystal meth

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
PPK is a stand-alone option, one option of a laundry list of M performance parts that include, Limited slip differential, carbon fiber parts, etc. Some (if not most) are not available yet for the F32.
2017 BSM M2|6MT|Exec|black kidneys and gills|full alcantara wheel|CF spoiler|Dinan Stage 4|Dinan COI|Dinan free flow exhaust with resonator delete|Fabspeed sport cat DP|BMS clutch stop|465 bhp|4.75/5 stars

retired: 2014 435xi|MPPK|335 bhp|3/5 stars
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2014, 04:56 PM   #10
nicknaz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: C6Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprod View Post
[*]M-Performance Brakes are an "upgrade" to your M-Sport Brakes (You should not pay for both!!!)[/LIST]
My understanding is the calipers are the same and the rotor size is the same, except the M performance brake rotor is drilled.

Personally, I think the $650 M sport brake option is a GREAT deal
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2014, 05:05 PM   #11
EvenKeel
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicknaz View Post
My understanding is the calipers are the same and the rotor size is the same, except the M performance brake rotor is drilled.

Personally, I think the $650 M sport brake option is a GREAT deal
This is correct. The reason its a lot less expensive than the M Performance Brake kit is because BMW effectively "subsidizes" the cost by offsetting the cost of the stock brakes against the Msport brakes.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2014, 05:25 PM   #12
v1k1ng01
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i M-sport

Garage List
Quote:

anyone?
First off, PPK means "performance power kit" which is the name for the stage 1 engine tune BMW offers. What you mean is non-factory installed "M-Performance Accessories".

DHP gives you active dampening on the suspension and steering which will give you a soft sporty feel passively automatic, or active sporty feel when engaged in Sport. It's also the only way to upgrade to an M-suspension if you get x-drive.

The M-Suspension isn't adaptive, it's on all the time. It's also non-adaptive but, you get a 10mm suspension drop in exchange for you loss. It's not available for x-drive models.

The M-performance suspension kit replaces the shock absorbers, wishbones and stabilizers, along with springs and gives an additional 10mm drop (20mm drop total). It also cost's a lot more if you're coming from standard suspension or DHP, but it is compatable with x-drive models. You will lose a lot of the adaptive suspension with DHP, but you will keep adaptive steering.

The M-Sport brakes should be the same big brake kit as the M-performance big brake kit except the rotors aren't drilled (somebody plz correct me if I'm wrong). It will probably cost an additional $600-800 to upgrade the rotors later, considering the whole M-BBK on the F30 is $2200mrsp it will probably save you money to get the m-sport brakes from the factory. I read somewhere that it's actually a Brembo BBK. I will add that Motortrend tasted the M-BBK on an M-Performance loaded 335xi and it didn't stop the car any faster, it just prevented brake fade seen with the standard brakes.

Last edited by v1k1ng01; 01-08-2014 at 05:55 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2014, 10:32 AM   #13
alexus
boomshakalaka
United_States
Rep

Garage List
my apologies for being misinformed. I went to BMW's site: http://www.shopbmwusa.com/PRODUCT/27...ANCE-POWER-KIT

Quote:
The BMW M Performance Power Kit features engine tuning software and a new M Performance Engine Air Intake system. In addition, a replacement M Performance Engine Cover and Rocker Panel Decals provide the mark of distinction this retrofit deserves.
it doesn't come w/ suspension/brakes/etc( I was just wrong, sorry about that)
Appreciate 0