F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > M Sport indicators
Studio RSR

12-09-2012, 04:38 AM   #1
MarkW83
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport

M Sport indicators

Hi guys,

Can anyone with an F30 M Sport please let me know if the front indicators appear orange, or white/clear (when off)? The spec on the BMW website says they're clear (since the mirror indicators are LEDs, and the rear ones are built into the red rear light cluster, the 'clear indicator lenses' has to apply to the fronts); but I've seen a few pics recently where the front indicators look very orange when they're off.

I usually change to Philips SilverVision bulbs if the indicators are orange, so I'm just wondering so I can ask the dealer to change the bulbs for delivery if needs be!
      12-09-2012, 05:10 AM   #2
NISFAN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

They all seem to be fitted with orange bulbs, and yes visible.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2012, 07:02 AM   #3
MarkW83
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Thanks Nis, Silver Visions ordered
      12-10-2012, 05:12 AM   #4
BMerman
Rep
Drives: F30 330D Msport

Replacement indicator bulbs

BMW do a replacement silvered bulb, having them fitted to mine, picking up wednesday. Can't remember the part number got it from another thread
      12-10-2012, 05:14 AM   #5
MarkW83
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMerman View Post
BMW do a replacement silvered bulb, having them fitted to mine, picking up wednesday. Can't remember the part number got it from another thread
Didn't know that! Thanks; I've just ordered some Philips Silver Visions and also having the dealer fit them for me for delivery, £9.95 I think they were, do you know how much the BMW ones were?
      12-10-2012, 05:37 AM   #6
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkW83 View Post
Didn't know that! Thanks; I've just ordered some Philips Silver Visions and also having the dealer fit them for me for delivery, £9.95 I think they were, do you know how much the BMW ones were?
I would be interested in these also. any links?.
      12-10-2012, 05:39 AM   #7
MarkW83
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbmw6 View Post
I would be interested in these also. any links?.
Hi John, just got mine off eBay: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3307928365...84.m1497.l2649
      12-10-2012, 05:41 AM   #8
JOHNBMWM5
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Many thanks Mark
Phone your dealership, I think Hull is the port your pride and joy would be coming into.
      12-11-2012, 04:16 AM   #9
BMerman
Rep

Quote:
They are about £26 fitted so that sounds a lot better deal, apparently you have to gain access via the inner wing removable panel, thought it better to let the dealer do it whilst fitting the M performance parts and the power lead for my radar (licence saver) detector
      12-11-2012, 04:18 AM   #10
MarkW83
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
They are about £26 fitted so that sounds a lot better deal, apparently you have to gain access via the inner wing removable panel, thought it better to let the dealer do it whilst fitting the M performance parts and the power lead for my radar (licence saver) detector
I've done something similar on my 135i and it can be a bit fiddly, definitely the right decision to let the dealer fit them What are they doing with your power lead? I have a lead I want them to fit for my camera as well...
      12-11-2012, 04:45 AM   #11
BMerman
Rep

Quote:
I've done something similar on my 135i and it can be a bit fiddly, definitely the right decision to let the dealer fit them What are they doing with your power lead? I have a lead I want them to fit for my camera as well...
They are picking power up and running the lead under the dash and up the A pillar, so I can fit the cradle just behind the air vent on top of the dash, it has a adhesive pad fitted so very easy to install
      12-11-2012, 04:46 AM   #12
MarkW83
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
They are picking power up and running the lead under the dash and up the A pillar, so I can fit the cradle just behind the air vent on top of the dash, it has a adhesive pad fitted so very easy to install
Cheers; are they hardwiring it (not plugging it into any external 12v sockets)? If so, could I ask how much they've charged for it?
      12-11-2012, 11:54 AM   #13
RichardM
Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: G21 M340i LCI

Quote:
Cheers; are they hardwiring it (not plugging it into any external 12v sockets)? If so, could I ask how much they've charged for it?
I'm interested to know this too!
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2012, 12:59 PM   #14
BMerman
Rep

Quote:
Mark, yes its hard wired, live when ignition on, as they were fitting several parts it was done at the same time it was included the in the price.
The sevice manager said they may have to pick up the power from the boot, so this would increase the price as additional manhours required. I've had it done on my last three BM's and if memory (fading with age) serves me right it was approx £150, which is not cheap but far better than trailing wires all over the dash
      12-11-2012, 01:11 PM   #15
MarkW83
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Mark, yes its hard wired, live when ignition on, as they were fitting several parts it was done at the same time it was included the in the price.
The sevice manager said they may have to pick up the power from the boot, so this would increase the price as additional manhours required. I've had it done on my last three BM's and if memory (fading with age) serves me right it was approx £150, which is not cheap but far better than trailing wires all over the dash
Thanks for that, yes I've had it done in my last 3 BMWs also funnily enough! It will be a bit of a job getting power from the boot though if they need to, lots of trim removed and potential for rattles etc.! Do you know where they'd route the cable to get it back to the boot?
      12-11-2012, 01:39 PM   #16
BMerman
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for that, yes I've had it done in my last 3 BMWs also funnily enough! It will be a bit of a job getting power from the boot though if they need to, lots of trim removed and potential for rattles etc.! Do you know where they'd route the cable to get it back to the boot?
Picking the car up tomorrow, so I'll find out where they routed it and report back tomorrow night, I might be a little busy till then enjoying myself
      12-11-2012, 04:22 PM   #17
RichardM
Colonel
England
Rep

Quote:
There is this thread in the DIY section that explains how
http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=754283
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2012, 04:31 PM   #18
MarkW83
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Thanks Richard, looks like a bit of a job getting the cable to the boot; I wonder if plugging it into the 12v socket under the glove box (but still hidden behind the dash and A pillar) would be a better option
      12-11-2012, 04:52 PM   #19
JOHNBMWM5
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Thanks Richard, looks like a bit of a job getting the cable to the boot; I wonder if plugging it into the 12v socket under the glove box (but still hidden behind the dash and A pillar) would be a better option
Radar detectors are wired from the fuse box under the steering wheel area, they all are F30, F31, F10, X3 and so on, 5 minute job running it up to the windscreen.
Had mine transferred from car to car.

Last edited by JOHNBMWM5; 12-11-2012 at 04:57 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2012, 05:09 PM   #20
RichardM
Colonel
England
Rep

Quote:
That's what I was going to look at first too Mark.
Appreciate 0